Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Superman: Man of Steel (June 2013)

Daft

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope, I imagine! But Snyder did a great job with Watchmen. Singer put too much effort into homage for the previous films and didn't embrace the comics at all, Zack Snyder is taking a totally different approach.

At the very least, Superman's going to punch somebody this time, and Cavill is great.

Time for a trailer, methinks!

My point was just that we barely know anything about the movie yet.

I know, that's why I said "hope", and then pointed out some things we do know. It's possible to have high expectations for something based on small facts and the people involved, not just footage.

Also, I'd be really surprised if you don't like it.

I know, that's why I said "hope", and then pointed out some things we do know. It's possible to have high expectations for something based on small facts and the people involved, not just footage.

Also, I'd be really surprised if you don't like it.

Lol Yeah i know, its was more based on my usual frustration that I think ReZ tends to overhype things, which he knows.

I expect I probably will like it but then I thought that about Superman Returns and only really liked two bits from that (the plane and Brandon Routh). Same with Sucker Punch, I thought I would love that and found it pretty terrible so I dont have the same absolute trust in Zack Snyder that ReZ seems to.

Brandon Routh is awesome in Superman Returns and the airplane sequence is genuinely brilliant. As in it's like 3 minutes of absolute stunning awesomeness that absolutely nails Superman...and it's surrounded by two and a half hours of utter shite.

And to be fair, that one flash of brilliance out does pretty much ever non-Batman superhero films.

Seriously, fuck y'all. That was awesome.

That is a bit stupid IMHO, but....I don't dislike it too much. I enjoyed that scene for sure, but he is Superman. He could have stopped it so much more easily. Its like they tried mixing real word physics and not matching that up to Supermans strength. Orrbaldaklfahfa. Ugh. I can never explain myself, but yeah.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!