N-Europe

Battle & Get! Pokémon Typing DS

Serebii

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently, no stores in Norway are going to stock this game, so I had to order it online... which means I probably won't get to play it before... well, next week, most likely.

I guess I'll survive, though. It's not like I haven't got a couple of dozen games to complete or anything.

Nice, I'll have to pick this up sooner rather than later, Don't wanna make the mistake of putting off buying it, then finding it becomes an expensive game to track (Hello Fire Emblem & Golden Sun :( Still not got these yet)

£37 on ShopTo. RRP seems to be £45 so it'd be the best place to get it

So I decided to pick this up (mainly for the keyboard :hehe:), here's my stats after 31 mins:

qHSNk.jpg

It's surprisingly fun. :grin:

Things start out very simple, then it gradually increases the amount of letters and the speed you need to type at.

I've always been pretty slow at typing, so I'm actually hoping this will help me improve a bit. :D I'd be doing better at this game if it only had the original 150 Pokémon though, I don't know many of the newer types, which means I have to wait for the name to appear on screen before I can start typing. So it's really exciting when a Pokémon that I recognise suddenly appears! :p

Loving the sound effects when you get a combo going, but the voice work in this game is seriously bad. :heh:

"New RanKING!" :laughing:

As for the Nintendo wireless keyboard, it's a thing of beauty. So small and cute. :love:

Great that it can be used with other devices too. I might even use it as my main PC keyboard. ;)

The title screen on this is great fun.

Going mental on the keyboard and seeing/hearing the results on the DS is incredibly entertaining. :heh:

Also, I just realised that the keyboard doesn't communicate with the DS system, but the game card itself. :cool:

:idea: It would be awesome if Nintendo included that Bluetooth functionality in future titles, Animal Crossing on 3DS is obviously a no-brainer for it.

To anyone that stops playing a game once the credits have rolled, you probably shouldn't get this. :heh:

Only 1:29 on my playtime and I've already hit the credits. Replayed quite a few stages too, so I reckon it's possible to "complete" in under an hour.

By the way, I tip my hat to anyone that can correctly type the entire staff roll. That be insanely challenging with all of those Japanese names!

:laughing:

I only managed about 300 letters. :p

Obviously there are still a lot of new stages left to unlock (as the world map is the entire keyboard layout) and medals to earn. I just tried a new stage in which you had to recognise Pokémon crys (knew there would be one like that :hehe:), did surprisingly well at it though, as it's multiple choice (you also get pics of the Pokémon) and the ones I got were usually a newer type with an older one, so if I didn't recall a sound I just assumed it was the newer Pokémon. ;)