NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Id definitely be up for the server and I think it'd be good to start again. I think that always helps every few months actually starting again when people have built all they wanted to.

We'd need to make sure we put a bit of thought into where we built our stuff this time though. On the last map the city area got a bit cluttered in places and things were removed without asking (my poor bonfire for one :cry:)

Meh, making sprites like that in creative mode is too easy. It's just a matter of finding a sprite online and plopping down blocks of the right color in the right places based on that sprite. As long as you have some time to waste, anyone could make something like that.

The 3D ones at least took some skill, I guess.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so negative. :sad:

Notch is adding weather in the next patch, by the way.

It's true. My awesome (or not so awesome, as it seems!) starman we had embedded in the floor of N-Europetown didn't take too long. It was just a case of matching up the sprites to blocks.

But the result does look good when done right! It's just not particularly.. skillful. :heh:

Who said anything about skill? It's still win! :D

In that case, you're going to love this.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

In that case, you're going to love this.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You're a dick, Magnus. But I love you.

If only I had a server, then you could all help make my city in the sky.

Started playing this properly last week and as mentioned above, I've set about creating a city in the sky for my next major project. Have the tower built, which takes you up, and the rotunda area which acts as the gateway stationed about 25/30 blocks above water level nearly completed (it needs to be roofed and have glass placed for windows). Also made a start on the foundations for the actual city, but it's only a 23 (width) x35/40 (length)x7 (height) block cuboid at the moment and tiny for construction of a city.

minecraftproject2.jpg

Clearly an on going project which I'll be doing from now until the end of the summer, when I hope I can complete it. And for those wondering, yes that is a circular waterfall coming from the rotunda in the sky. A 27 block diameter circle at the top with water falling around the edge, and there's even a tiny natural island in the middle of the circle of water at ground level. I'll need to get some proper pictures.

Ugly original Minecraft textures :p

My laptop has some trouble running Minecraft on any form of texture other than the Fast ones included in the basic package so I have to use that setup. Getting a new laptop in a few weeks, fingers crossed, so maybe then I'll be able to mess around with texture packs and better performance.

Doesn't bother me that much really, considering I'm spending most of my time building and worrying about block placement rather than textures, although I'd be lying if I did say it got a little bit tiresome on the eyes.

@Ganepark32

Tried the Eldpack?

It's basically the same resolution as the original textures (I consider higher res textures ugly ;) ), but it's definitely a lot nicer:

example_34_1.png

example_34_2.png

Its not compatible with 1.4 though, so its going to be a pain to install.

As much pain, as copying it into the right folder. ;) I'm running it with 1.4_01 just fine.

Now that I think about it, there weren't any new block types, so its easier than the last update anyway.

Minecraft.jpg

:awesome:

Edit:

:hmm: No, just no. Too much shit going on...

Edited by drahkon

I like the new weather effects, but stats and achievments should really just go home and stay there.

I don't see the problem with achievements and statistics. You don't have to 'use' them.

I don't see the problem with achievements and statistics. You don't have to 'use' them.

Oh no, of course not, but I just feared it'll make everything a bit too competitive. Having thought about it, though, it adds actual goals to the game, something I think it'll benefit from, so I've actually changed my mind on the matter. :heh:

I'd love goals, would make it a bit more purposeful. I got bored after building my castle and mining everything lol

So apparently 1.5 has been delayed due to the addition of powered rails (its about time), as well as pigs turning into zombie pig men when they get hit by lightening. Pistons are also apparently coming in 1.6.

Played on my building world last night, have been busy building a football stadium. Two stands are done, and it doesn't look bad, not exactly how i hoped, but good none the less. Will post pictures when it's finished.

So apparently 1.5 has been delayed due to the addition of powered rails (its about time)

Yup, been waiting for this since I've started playing. I've actually never crafted rails and mine carts because they couldn't be powered (boosting carts is shit).