N-Europe

New TMNT Movie

Murr

Deadline.com's Nikki Finke is reporting that Paramount has put the next Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie on the fast track

"I hear that Paramount has hired the writing team of Art Marcum and Matt Holloway for close to $1 million to reimagine the live action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles," she writes. "'The studio is looking at this as its next huge franchise, like Transformers,' a source just told me.... Paramount's Adam Goodman is fast-tracking and wants a first draft by October so the studio can take it out to directors right away. The speed is understandable since Paramount paid $60 million for the rights to make the movie."

The writing duo recently wrote a reboot script for Highlander, which Summit will produce and which will be directed by Justin Lin. Marcum and Holloway also wrote the first Iron Man.

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

So they've spent $61million before they've even started anything on this movie... and a presumably going to give it a hefty budget if they want it to be there next big franchise.

Transformers 1 had a budget of $100million didn't it...

I'm as big a Turtles fan as they come, I grew up on those Heroes in their half shells... but I'm just not sure it's that big any more is it?

I'm sure the studios thought it through, but I'd have thought they could struggle with this one!

In terms of the movie itself, it'll be really interesting to see how they handle going back to live action... which presumably means going back to costumes right.

Oh and Raphael FTW! :D

Aww hope this is awesome! Could be epic fail though if they're not careful! I enjoyed the TMNT 07 film which I know was pretty cheesy but I watched it in the right company in a silly mood so had fun!!

Raph FTW always :D