N-Europe

Nightclubs are sucky

Paj!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lush is one of my favourite places in the world. I'll use any excuse to go there.

As for clubs: Naturally, the shitter the club, the crapper the experience. I find it funny how people moan about not being able to chat when they go to a club. It's like complaining that they can't dance in a pub, or how their DVD player doesn't play cassette tapes. Totally different things for different purposes.

My ideal night out would be going to a pub first, meet up with some friends, have some nice drinks. Then, probably head off to a place that plays good music. Whoever mentioned Oceana earlier in this thread needs to be shot for bringing it up. That place is the opposite of what you should look for in clubs.

When I go to a club, I like to dance (mostly badly) and just get into the music. I've got a good few Brighton friends who are into the same sorts of music as I am, so luckily we don't go to any R'N'B places. It's nice, because you can just let yourself go a bit. If you're finding that you want to have a deeply meaning conversation about Marxism or you want to talk about the greatest hits of the Smiths, then a club shouldn't be on your list of priorities or the night. Get to a pub instead.

However, if you've worked lots throughout the week, you feel a bit mentally tired and you just want to let go and bathe yourself in music, then those are the nights you want to go clubbing. :) If there's a live band playing, then that's an even bigger hurrah.

There's also a happy medium, where you can maybe find a Rock Bar, where you can sit and chat with your friends whilst some awesome music plays overhead. That tends to lean towards the pub side than the club side though, unless you are having a particularly great night and there's a dancefloor. :D

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!