NEurope
dan-likes-trees

Desert island, top five most memorable breakups

Nope, it means that I believe people do know right from wrong at 14 (although I have a suspicion he was probably older than that) so it still isn't really an excuse. I believe that the things we do in life, even from youth, define us. Don't get me wrong, people can change, but you have to ask yourself; how often do people change? Not often, my verdict.

I often hear phrases like 'you learn from your mistakes'. But I don't believe that's always a good thing. Often you just learn that you're a bastard :p.

Oh and Dazz, I wasn't having a go at you. I meant the people you were referring to in your post.

You might know right from wrong at that age but did he think about the consequences? I believe learning from your mistakes is a good thing because if you learn that you're a bastard, you also learn that there's a possibility you can better yourself.

Oh and sorry for reading it like that, haha.

Nope, it means that I believe people do know right from wrong at 14 (although I have a suspicion he was probably older than that) so it still isn't really an excuse. I believe that the things we do in life, even from youth, define us. Don't get me wrong, people can change, but you have to ask yourself; how often do people change? Not often, my verdict.

I often hear phrases like 'you learn from your mistakes'. But I don't believe that's always a good thing. Often you just learn that you're a bastard :p.

Oh and Dazz, I wasn't having a go at you. I meant the people you were referring to in your post.

I don't really disagree with anything you write here, it's just that I find your viewpoint very ... damning. Lacking tolerance of failure. Plus I think you overestimate people's ability to actually consider other people's feelings.

It could be that someone removed their thanks. Possibly.

Maybe, but I just did that to your reply and the same didn't happen. Weird.

As for tolerance of failure...I don't think he failed at anything. I think failure and being a bastard are a bit different. Failing would be something like failing a maths test, because you just couldn't work out the answers. Cheating...well, I think it's more or less a statement of personality and how you view relationships and the feelings of others. If you don't think about others' feelings then that's really your personality, rather than simply forgeting (ie. failure to think).

Edited by Sheikah

Maybe, but I just did that to your reply and the same didn't happen. Weird.

As for tolerance of failure...I don't think he failed at anything. I think failure and being a bastard are a bit different. Failing would be something like failing a maths test, because you just couldn't work out the answers. Cheating...well, I think it's more or less a statement of personality and how you view relationships and the feelings of others. If you don't think about others' feelings then that's really your personality, rather than simply forgeting (ie. failure to think).

Well, I meant "failure of personality". We agree that it was an example of a nasty character, but what I mean by failure is that, like a failed math test, being a good guy is something you can fail at, but also improve at.

To be fair, I can see where Sheikah's coming from. It's not like Murr was bragging but it also wasn't like he made any impression that he thought what he did was bad (at least in the initial post)

If it had been 'i got a bj form a girl whilst on msn to my girlfriend and it was one of the worst things ive ever done' it would be different. Or even if the girl had it coming for some reason. As it stands, just seems unbelieveably harsh thing to do. I am sure he's grown up and such though.

Anyway, when people want to move on from this debate...

Yeah, is pretty much what I was getting at. It's clearly vile, but he didn't seem too bothered about it or about disclosing it here. And saying it was on the cards to me sounded like something premeditated rather than a 'mistake'.

Nice way of rounding off the debate, ReZ. I'd thank you, but apparently I've become quite a thank whore myself. :p

Anyway, I agree, what needed to be said has been said.

Yes.

And surely the worst break up in these parts was the (in his head) relationship between Molly and Dannyboy. She's not been heard of for weeks, I think he's thrown her in the Thames.

Yes.

And surely the worst break up in these parts was the (in his head) relationship between Molly and Dannyboy. She's not been heard of for weeks, I think he's thrown her in the Thames.

Oh, we haven't broken up in my head yet. What gave you that idea? The Thames thing I cannot comment on, though.

What's today?

It would have been 5 years together :hmm:

I got myself through the night with some stripping* and things got particularly steamy* :eek:

*I was stripping wallpaper all evening.. with a steamer..

2 - I've also been on MSN chatting to a girlfriend while getting a BJ from another girl. eventually i broke up with the girlfriend and ended up getting with the girl who gave me the BJ. It was always on the cards...

None of us are going to beat this. I have to live my life now knowing I can never reach this Barney Stinson level of greatness. It's going to be tough.

Like it or not, fellas, you all wish that could be your username in that quotation box! If you disagree, you likely have secret agenda... and possibly no penis.

Edited by Guy

She used to work where I work now (before I was there).

I don't really have anything else to add...

[/pointlesspostoftheday]

She was in the year above me at school, all the pubs in Yate now have Josie support posters about. Are you quite local to me then?

Some people are actually honest and straightforward on here and he may feel like he can say something like this but not necessarily in real life (that probably didn't make sense but I hope you get what I mean, haha). I mean, there's been a masturbation thread on here! I know that none of my friends wouldn't have a discussion about knocking one off but I know they'd discuss about their sex lives and the like, which is what Murr was simply doing. When he said "It was always on the cards", I simply thought he meant him and that girl getting together, not on the cards as in he would always get a blowjob off her (I might have read that wrong but I'm just saying how I read it).

I’m pretty straight forward about things in ‘real life’ let alone forum life… if interesting stuff happens to me I tell people, and figure a forum isn’t going to hurt.

As for the always on the cards, you read that correct, always on the cards that I would end up in a relationship with the girl who did the deed, I guess that didn’t read out how I had planned it to.

I agree very much with Dazz here, I read nothing boastful in Murr's post. "Then why even post it?" doesn't hold water here - it's a thread about this sort of stuff. I actually admire Murr's ability to come forward and stand by it. Admit that he did something nasty, but that he has moved on since then. Where would we be if we couldn't admit our faults and improve as human beings?

Thanks!

To be quite honest, I actually admire Murr for having the balls to post something like that on here, knowing that some people may judge him as a person based on what he posted. Yes it was a horrid thing to do but at least he was honest and that takes guts to admit he did wrong and he's not like that no more. So I say well done to you, Murr (not for doing what you did but for admitting it here, lmao), it just shows nobody's perfect.

Thanks for you too!

Yeah, is pretty much what I was getting at. It's clearly vile, but he didn't seem too bothered about it or about disclosing it here. And saying it was on the cards to me sounded like something premeditated rather than a 'mistake'.

See above response about what ‘on the cards’ was meant to pan out like! And no I’m not bothered about disclosing that here, it’s not the biggest most monumental thing to happen in my life, so what does it matter if I post here….

I’ve been in a car crash, I’ve got 2 metal plates and 12 pins in my right arm, my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer but beat it… that’s all other stuff far more important then what I did. there you go! I’ve disclosed it in this thread…. But if there were relevant threads for it… I’d of posted it there!

I’m not a shy person. The more I disclose on a forum, the more people learn about me, the more people get to know me. Isn’t that the point of a forum? The majority of people has been on this forum for 4 years and knows each other inside an out, I’m new!! It’s not easy breaking into a forum of close nick posters. But the more I reveal about myself, the more you guys get to know me and who knows… may get to like me!.... never know Sheikah… 2 years time we may be laughing about this thread over xbox live or something! I’m not here to cause arguments, I like the community and am letting people get to know me!

None of us are going to beat this. I have to live my life now knowing I can never reach this Barney Stinson level of greatness. It's going to be tough.

Like it or not, fellas, you all wish that could be your username in that quotation box! If you disagree, you likely have secret agenda... and possibly no penis.

Thanks… but lets hope that post doesn’t start up the mass debate again!

And Sheikah last thing! With regards to the STD stuff… yes I’m from the Yokel town of Yate, which is being made famous by Josie in Big brother, but my rents didn’t raise me to be some council estate trash that knocks girls up at the age of 16. My dad taught me how to protect my best friend, and when I did dip my wick in my single manwhore days… I did wrap up! I’m fully aware of the fact you can still catch STD’s from oral sexual activities… but low and behold I’m clean as a whistle! (if you really wanted to know ;) )

Edited by Murr

I did wrap up! I’m fully aware of the fact you can still catch STD’s from oral sexual activities… but low and behold I’m clean as a whistle! (if you really wanted to know ;) )

Hmm so you say, although you don't really know unless you go get yourself checked.

It's just two entirely different ways of thinking. On the one hand, you have people like yourself, who think that it's cool to womanise and be with lots of women. On the other hand, you have people who are happy to be with someone they love and therefore don't think it's cool to screw around with other women.

I'm far, far more proud of myself for never having done such a thing as this. It's not like I haven't had the opportunity, by a long shot. Really though, it's a bit worrying that you think cheating on someone is a level of greatness that you cannot attain.

It's just two entirely different ways of thinking. On the one hand, you have people like yourself, who think that it's cool to womanise and be with lots of women. On the other hand, you have people who are happy to be with someone they love and therefore don't think it's cool to screw around with other women.

I'm far, far more proud of myself for never having done such a thing as this. It's not like I haven't had the opportunity, by a long shot. Really though, it's a bit worrying that you think cheating on someone is a level of greatness that you cannot attain.

Well in a sense.... i've lived both lifestyles. I've cheated yes, i've been single for periods of time in which my age bracket was 19 to 21 at which stage yes.. i would go to town with mates and on occasions would end up going home with someone (this is not a boasting statement for the record).

I've NEVER been on a lads holiday when all my mates have been on them cause at the time of them going, i've been in a relationship, so didnt see any real value on spending a couple hundred pound to go on a holiday in which my friends would be drunk / high / and getting their fuck on with randomers everynight. i'd have no enjoyment, so i've been on holidays with just the girl i was with at the time and had a great time.

Now i'm living with my girlfriend, we have a mortgage together, we've got plans on what to do with this house and in regards to moving to a bigger place. I'm very very happy with the life i've got now, but at the same time i've got no problems with the way i lived my life in the past.

She was in the year above me at school, all the pubs in Yate now have Josie support posters about. Are you quite local to me then?

Well I live near Cheddar but work in Bristol, Baldwin Street to be exact, so slap bang in the centre. Two hour commuting a day is a bitch, hoping to actual move to Brizzle soon though so that would cut that out!

I like how this is a "top five" - I haven't even had five girlfriends to break up with!