N-Europe

Skins: Series 5

chairdriver

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the trailer is out, and you can now google search "Freya Mavor" and get all her pictures. ITS FRAKKING INSANE. I've slept in her bed.

Hmm what does that remind me of...

Oh that's right.

:heh:

And countless others but I have mad love for Big Love.

Judging from the picture and the trailer, the two girls on the right look real hot. Well done Chair. You have a friend with a hot somewhat famous sister, if only you could take advantage of that... :p

I never watched much skins, might start with this season.

Don't you mean four?

The first two seasons didn't blow. They weren't anything amazing but compared to the last 2, they were symphonic. The last two seasons were just unbearable shite. The only good bit was the last 15 seconds but I suspect that was an accident.

It's been pretty shit since the last few episodes of season 2. The first season was pretty good, something different anyway. I did find it odd that they used to market it as what normal teenagers are like. I don't know many teenagers who behaved in a similar manner to the kids in the first season.

Too over the top. Same for in-betweeners, except toned down. Also, every single character is an annoying little prick! (in both cases)

Freaks & Geeks is my weapon of choice when it comes to this type of enterprise.

Stop making me agree with you, I don't like it :heh:

The first season of Skins was flawed but it was quite promising. At least it was different and I think they really could have built on it. Instead they had another season of fairly similar quality and then went shit. I'll watch this out of curiosity/faint hope though.

I much prefer it to The Inbetweeners at least. It's a damming indictment of that show that I, someone who is definitely 'an inbetweener', felt like I could relate more to Skins (1,2) than the absolute twats that the Inbetweener characters became by the end of the run.

I relate ten times more to The Inbetweeners than any minute of Skins. I do not know anybody who acts like the characters in Skins at all. The Inbetweeners has got the teenage experience perfectly in my opinion. I know loads who are like the characters.

Probably posted before but has anybody seen this?

I relate ten times more to The Inbetweeners than any minute of Skins. I do not know anybody who acts like the characters in Skins at all. The Inbetweeners has got the teenage experience perfectly in my opinion. I know loads who are like the characters./QUOTE]

Oh come on. Really? Really do you?

The Inbetweeners doesn't reflect classic teenage social akwardness well at all. It tries desperately to, but it's writing is mixed and it's terribly acted, meaning that all the show is left with is a bunch of non relatable obnoxious little shits.

The show constantly says: 'Look, we understand, and can portray accurately teenagers who aren't quite cool. Look, we're doing it here. Right now'. It never actually achieves what it's going for though.

I know people who act slightly like Skins characters, but I'm pretty sure Skins is a little more self aware as a show and knows it's a totally ridiculous exaggeration.

The Inbetweeners is a decent enough (if not exactly original) idea, terribly executed.

I relate ten times more to The Inbetweeners than any minute of Skins. I do not know anybody who acts like the characters in Skins at all. The Inbetweeners has got the teenage experience perfectly in my opinion. I know loads who are like the characters.

The Inbetweeners doesn't reflect classic teenage social akwardness well at all. It tries desperately to, but it's writing is mixed and it's terribly acted, meaning that all the show is left with is a bunch of non relatable obnoxious little shits.

The show constantly says: 'Look, we understand, and can portray accurately teenagers who aren't quite cool. Look, we're doing it here. Right now'. It never actually achieves what it's going for though.

I know people who act slightly like Skins characters, but I'm pretty sure Skins is a little more self aware as a show and knows it's a totally ridiculous exaggeration.

The Inbetweeners is a decent enough (if not exactly original) idea, terribly executed.

Yup, I really do, one of the reasons why I instantly fell in love with the show was because it reminded me of me and my mates back in school. I also disagree with you about it not reflecting teenage awkwardness well. I think the exact opposite. It does it great in my opinion and I think the acting is okay as well. I can relate to the Inbetweeners characters a heck of a lot more than any of the characters in Skins. The only thing I can relate to in Skins is that they go to nightclubs and get drunk (I know people who do that and they did that in The Inbetweeners too).

I like Skins (well, S1 and S2 anyway) but I know absolutely nobody who are like the characters depicted in the show.

Edited by Animal

Yup, I really do, one of the reasons why I instantly fell in love with the show was because it reminded me of me and my mates back in school. I also disagree with you about it not reflecting teenage awkwardness well. I think the exact opposite. It does it great in my opinion and I think the acting is okay as well. I can relate to the Inbetweeners characters a heck of a lot more than any of the characters in Skins. The only thing I can relate to in Skins is that they go to nightclubs and get drunk (I know people who do that and they did that in The Inbetweeners too).

I like Skins (well, S1 and S2 anyway) but I know absolutely nobody who are like the characters depicted in the show.

Ah well. I'm going mainly off Series 3 of the Inbetweeners, where the characters become complete cunts. The first two didn't do such a bad job. I think Jay is acted fairly well but Simon is just awful.

Ah well. I'm going mainly off Series 3 of the Inbetweeners, where the characters become complete cunts. The first two didn't do such a bad job. I think Jay is acted fairly well but Simon is just awful.

I withstood the first season. Not a single moment did I even get near to enjoying it. Pure filler, imo.

As far as I'm concerned The Inbetweeners is an absolutely hilarious programme. I couldn't care less whether there are people like that or not in the world because it's funny. I don't really think its trying that hard to show teenagers who aren't as cool as other people or not as it isn't that far an advanced programme, it's on E4 and we all know which market E4 cater for. They really don't think that deep into their programmes.

• 2 weeks later...