N-Europe

Attraction

I know the feeling, I've gone through it many times before... Attraction can truly be a double-edged blade, since on one hand if things comes off, you can find yourself in a happy relationship... On the other hand, if everything goes to pot, then it can end up ruining a friendship or even more... I've had the latter happen to me too many times... But hey, it's all experience in life, isn't it?...

Man, life can be crap sometimes u___u

(Although what I said insinuates that I'm currently single, I'm not... I'm mainly talking about past experiences)

It's horrible. I can see why the mind and body react like that, to motivate you to obtain a partner, to procreate with. That's all it is!! It's just biology. Just stupid brute nature at work.

Of course we're a bit more sophisticated than that, and can't go with people who are taken/people who don't like us, or maybe we don't WANT procreate thank you, nature. But we still have to endure this stress reaction.

I CAN be fun of course, under the right circumstances, but mostly it's not because you won't be able to get together with the person.

Guest Captain Falcon

In the event I liked someone and they actually liked me back, I think I'd probably die of shock.

Tell me about it. Not literally, but, my second month at uni was just the most miserable story of rejection by this girl that I had been pining for since I met her...a week before. Turns out she's mega religious. Jesus is such a cockblocker.

Yep, a cruel incentive..."go get the person and the pain will stop." Still, not even sure if this is the case...no dating in my life thus far. Actually, the idea of a relationship does seem a bit scary; if simple attraction gives rise to such strong, uncontrollable reactions in the mind and body, then what about actual dating? After all, the involvement is much deeper...

Wow. No raised heatbeat, restless stomach, racing thoughts? You have still felt attraction to some people, right?

Why do you think so? All around the world, people are getting attracted to other people all the time...so would be only natural for you to like someone and them to like you back, right?

I felt attraction to some people yes.

I feel weird because, although I understand sex and romance, I've never felt bad about it. There are so many bad things in life - guilt, anxiety, depression - I can't see how unrequited love or attraction could ever come close to them. Yes, I fancy girls, and sometimes they like me too, sometimes they don't, but rather than that being a bad feeling, I accept it's just a mismatch of pheromones.

Edited by Grazza

I don't think I've ever enjoyed/suffered being so attracted to someone I just happened to meet in the way a lot of the people here describe. I have found other people very attractive but not to the point I would describe it as falling in "in love" with them. I have grown emotionally attached with others over time but I've not yet experienced the whole "at first sight" thing some of you seem to be describing.

Actually, the idea of a relationship does seem a bit scary; if simple attraction gives rise to such strong, uncontrollable reactions in the mind and body, then what about actual dating? After all, the involvement is much deeper...

Just wait until you get dumped by someone you're in love with (not that i'd wish it on you). Any other pain pales in comparison. I've really no idea why us humans have to be emotionally wired like this, it's like torture. Surely there must be some better way? Stupid nature.

Guest Captain Falcon

Why do you think so? All around the world, people are getting attracted to other people all the time...so would be only natural for you to like someone and them to like you back, right?

You'd think so wouldn't you but it's not happened so far and I'm older than you are.

I'm so glad that I am not feeling this at the moment. I despise the feeling of being attracted to someone who probably doesn't even notice you, and visa versa (Sounds quite cheesy but it's true)

I'm still very un-experienced in this subject, as I've never had a relationship before. Also whenever I'm attracted to someone I tend to get way too obsessed with them and think about them all the time. I guess c'est la vie! It all helps us to grow up and mature in life.

Still, it's quite awkward when you're gay in a small village, as they are very few if any choices or possible chances of getting in a relationship.

Guest Captain Falcon
Yep, but only by a year. Not all people start dating in their teens...

What do you think is the reason for this?

That is an excellent question and one I don't have the answer to -anybody who does, feel free to PM me.