NEurope
jayseven

What's a Good Pub Quiz Team Name?

Last night a few of us went to a pub quiz, as a second choice for how we wanted to spend our evening. Our team name was Inception was Fully Booked, which kind of gives you a clue as to what our first choice was!

After the quiz, before announcing the winners, the quiz master applauded the 'best team name' which he decreed was Quiztina Aquilaira. Not sure if there was a prize. Another team was Quizimodo.

Now, despite the fact that we won the quiz woo woo wooo, I was a bit dismayed that we couldn't think of a good name. Immediately afterwards I came up with what I thought was a killer name -- but a bit dodgy to use; iPhone A Friend.

I've been wracking my brain all day today, but just can't get anywhere. Any efforts from you fine folks?

I came here simply post Quiz-team-a Aguilara but you've beaten me to it. Hot-damn.

We were Quizlexia whilst at uni, simply because one person in the team was dyslexic. I'm pretty bad at coming up with names.

Quizzed in my pants is a good'un though

Well the quiz master seems to like quiz-based puns so Quizds In?

It's always hard to get a name where everyone's like "That's great", without it being a personal joke. We had an amazing one about this guy in our year who's a massive bigot, but it's only funny if you know him.

Last week we were the "Robot Unicorns", only because I'm obsessed with the online game.

In Sheff there was a pub quiz I did where, weekly, we would base our name on "Coldbert is a Cunt". It started off as an in-joke between our team, but eventually all the regulars played along, and the quizmaster pretty much always commented on it.

- The Knowlegends

- Thickipedia

- We All Did Derren Brown's Finger Memory Trick

- The Honest Cheaters

- Thinky and the Brains

We used to go by the moniker "Baldilocks and the three hairs". It served us well too! We won loads when on holiday in Spain.

[insert humorous team name here]

You have correctly ascertained the idea, and indeed the aim, of this thread. Well done! :p

You have correctly ascertained the idea, and indeed the aim, of this thread. Well done! :p

I meant that you could use that as a team name and win. Well you probably wouldn't, but it could be worth a try.

[insert humorous team name here]

I believe that is your job.

Edit: Damn, too late again.

Edited by Diageo

Or just use the title of this thread.

Haha, or the URL to this thread.

Normally a play on words, something like "I used to be dyslexic, but I'm KO now." is appreciated.

Last quiz name we used was "That boy needs therapy", in tribute to the delightful Avalanches song.

Something topical is always a pleaser, especially if it's recent.

Normally a play on words, something like "I used to be dyslexic, but I'm KO now." is appreciated.

I've used "Team DNA (National Dyslexic Association)" before.

I do a weekly pub quiz where I work, and the team name is usually "Team Rocket", tonight we opted for "Three and a Half Men" as our friend couldn't get served, as my colleagues decided to be shitty and ID'd everyone who usually gets served there; most people had ID bar one, hence the half. About 10 of us usually take part, but as the prize is 8 pints, we have no choice but to split up. :heh:

team actimel

dont

My friend always picks that for everything he is in.