NEurope
chairdriver

Online dating

I joined gaydar, after having pointedly not.

Sleaziest thing ever. Lol.

It's a barrel of laughs though isn't it?

You have to be careful who you talk to on that. Some people will say anything for a quick lay. There do seem to be some quite genuine people on there, I've found some decent friends off it. Some people really do just want to network. If you look hard enough you may find some people on there who you might not expect.

Regarding age differences; I'm 21, my boyfriend is 29, which I do sometime look at and wonder if it would be considered "acceptable", then I think about how I would not change a thing about him. I suppose it all depends on the individuals involved.

In other news; Came out to parents. Scary... relieving. Happy. :smile:

Edit : If you think gaydar is sleazy, check ManHunt out.... and I know one more that, trust me, beats them all.

It's a barrel of laughs though isn't it?

You have to be careful who you talk to on that. Some people will say anything for a quick lay. There do seem to be some quite genuine people on there, I've found some decent friends off it. Some people really do just want to network. If you look hard enough you may find some people on there who you might not expect.

I've had about 30 or so messages so far, and about 10 of them have been old men, 10 blatantly just seeking sex, and 10 "real" people -- half of which have been mingers, and 2 or 3 quite promising (to which I have replied).

In other news; Came out to parents. Scary... relieving. Happy. :smile:

Congratulations!

Edit : If you think gaydar is sleazy, check ManHunt out.... and I know one more that, trust me, beats them all.

Squirt.org? :santa: (I love how it's .org, as though its like a charity or something)

Hehehe.

Yeah, I was thinking of Squirt. :P

Good luck with the guys who seem promising, even those that your not 100% sure about are worth a meet sometimes.

Squirt.org? :santa: (I love how it's .org, as though its like a charity or something)

"Where did you find that out?"

"This website: http://www.CanadianSexActs.org"

".org?"

"Yeah it's not for profit, they really just want to get the information out there."

Paraphrasing.

For my sins, I've looked in to these things (of the straight kind) but I have been presented with very real problems:

1. South Yorkshire is an ugly place. Seriously, the women on the sites I've seen are just...no. Not to sound shallow but I do have standards. By comparison, I did a quick search in London and was bombarded by hotness.

2. They're pretty expensive. It's about £30 a month, which seems kind of extortionate.

2. They're pretty expensive. It's about £30 a month, which seems kind of extortionate.

You're looking at the wrong women.

For my sins, I've looked in to these things (of the straight kind) but I have been presented with very real problems:

1. South Yorkshire is an ugly place. Seriously, the women on the sites I've seen are just...no. Not to sound shallow but I do have standards. By comparison, I did a quick search in London and was bombarded by hotness.

What do you expect, they are desperate for a date/intercourse.

Never join dating sites, you'll never (as far as i know now) properly have the experience of dating.

Never join dating sites, you'll never (as far as i know now) properly have the experience of dating.

The future is now Jimbob. I think it's completely acceptable to find a date through an online site. (Of course everyone is after a date/intercourse - it'd be fairly silly to sign up to a dating site and not want to date.)

On the flipside, I wouldn't have done it, but I was dating 10 years ago and it was only from a select pool of religion-specific women. :p

As far as you know?

also, I just disproved your hypothesis in the post you quoted by doing a search in another part of the country.

On the flipside, I wouldn't have done it, but I was dating 10 years ago and it was only from a select pool of religion-specific women. :p

Careful. Your Utah people already have enough dirty rumours floating around :heh:

Careful. Your Utah people already have enough dirty rumours floating around :heh:

Good Mormons only date Mormons. There are enough of us to not make that too incestuous.

It's kind of worrying/depressing that internet dating is becoming a norm.

The future is now Jimbob. I think it's completely acceptable to find a date through an online site. (Of course everyone is after a date/intercourse - it'd be fairly silly to sign up to a dating site and not want to date.)

True, but i like to go out and see how it goes. Sometimes, you have the females running after you (as they were over the weekend). Not to the point of "lets get together" because they were still OTT on the alcohol, but if they were sober'er and in that mood then, then who knows where it leads.

There was a pub where i live where you could go into it, and come out with a date/one night stand. That was a near guarantee as well.

As far as you know?

My limited knowledge does surprise me from time to time.

True, but i like to go out and see how it goes. Sometimes, you have the females running after you (as they were over the weekend). Not to the point of "lets get together" because they were still OTT on the alcohol, but if they were sober'er and in that mood then, then who knows where it leads.

There was a pub where i live where you could go into it, and come out with a date/one night stand. That was a near guarantee as well.

But you said "never join dating sites," where I'm saying doing both the going out to pubs, and the online dating thing should be fine. Though, that pub sounds like it may be filled with the sort of heinous women DD (Dan Dare, not the boob size) has no interest in.

But you said "never join dating sites," where I'm saying doing both the going out to pubs, and the online dating thing should be fine. Though, that pub sounds like it may be filled with the sort of heinous women DD (Dan Dare, not the boob size) has no interest in.

Hehe, but if you were in the same pub as Rez then i reckon he'd scare them all off.

It's kind of worrying/depressing that internet dating is becoming a norm.

Is it? We do everything except shit through the internet now anyway.

That's worrying/depressing, too. I wouldn't be surprised if most of us spent more time looking at a screen of some kind than than we do having real world human interaction.

And people wonder why depression is on the up.

I'm not sure talking on the phone would count, half the time. You lose so much.

I think a bit of online dating is perfectly fine. I'd still feel a bit weird telling parents and family thats how you met someone but friends (ie. people my age) don't see anything wrong with it at all now.

It's much better than meeting drunk girls in bars.

Times change. I'm sure at one point going out and meeting a drunk girl in a club was seen as sad.

I met my boyfriend online but not through a dating site actually through a Doctor Who forum. :P I went to one of those meetup things and me and him just really hit it off, even though I'd only probably replied to a few of his topics and that's it.

Although yesteday a girl did run across the road to tell me I was really hot and she liked my bowling shoes (which I wear casually cos I'm like... seriously hit n' shit).

I'm considering joining one, but don't really want to "swoop down to that level"...although I'm not even sure where "that level" is in our society these days.