Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Online dating

chairdriver

I don't really see anything wrong with online dating sites. You don't even have to use them for just dating. A friend of mine said she met up randomly with a guy from one of those sites just to go out and have fun (non-sexual fun). So it's also a nice way to find people for non-relationship stuff.

If all goes to plan and I get a placement in Australia next year I was thinking of using one to meet some people.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My friends have been trying to get me to go on one as of late since I haven't had the best of luck the past 24 years. However, I'm not really that desperate (no offence those who use one).

I just want to meet people properly. My friends have just turned dull so never really want to go out so I can't meet people :(.

My friends have been trying to get me to go on one as of late since I haven't had the best of luck the past 24 years.

Perhaps you should stop introducing yourself by saying "I own the world's largest Pokémon website".

I've contemplated it recently but have never done anything about it.

My trouble is that I live in the middle of nowhere and see the same few friends every week. I'm desperate to move to Bristol and actually be able to have a decent social life in a place that has stuff going on.

I'm sure that once I get out a bit more I'll be able to meet someone. I may not be the best looking person but I ain't an ugo. I am a massive cunt though, so I'll just have to not open my mouth...

:heh:

I've used them in the past to seek out some "fun" and it worked pretty well and if I ever split up with my current girlfriend I'll probably use online dating. It's just easier to find people who have the same interests as you rather than heading out to pubs/clubs etc. It's also pretty handy if you lead a busy life with work etc.

However, I did meet my girfriend on a bus after we just kinda started randomly talking to each other....still together 4 years later. :)

A friend of mine is now married, with a 2 year old kid. They met through an online dating site and have been together 5 years now.

Online dating is good but don't solely rely on it.

I've been thinking about signing up for Okcupid. Its, free, so nothing's really lost but my time, I'm just not sure it'll be worth it seeing as a quick glance makes it look like not that many people use it where I live.

It's been good for me so far, though I am in London. I'd definitely recommend it, it's got quite a lot of fun stuff on there so even if you don't meet anyone it won't be a total waste.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!