NEurope
Daft

Tron Legacy

I saw this again today. I preferred it a second time around. I think, because I knew exactly how it was paced, I could just sit back and wallow in it.

I finally got round to watching this last night, and I've got to say I'm pretty happy with it, aside from a few minor niggles. I think they should've shown a bit more of Sam before putting him on the grid, built his character a bit more. It just seemed like they wanted to get things on the grid far too quickly, which wasn't what happened in the original. Program livery wasn't very varied, apart from Clu it was just white or red, would've been nice to see other colours. The ending, Flynn dying wasn't ideal, but because he did shouldn't Sam have followed his dream. He got the last remaining ISO off the grid, and Flynn saw the ISOs as the future of humanity, but what happened, he took her on a bike riding holiday instead. Apart from that though I loved it, was good to see Tron was still alive, and came good in the end. And I didn't think any explanation or examination of the grid was necessary, it was pretty self explanatory.

He got the last remaining ISO off the grid, and Flynn saw the ISOs as the future of humanity, but what happened, he took her on a bike riding holiday instead.

He took her to see the sun rise, not on a bike riding holiday, as she wanted to know what it was like, both in terms of what it looked like and what Sam felt about it, when they were on the Grid.

He took her to see the sun rise, not on a bike riding holiday, as she wanted to know what it was like, both in terms of what it looked like and what Sam felt about it, when they were on the Grid.

And here I was thinking you could see the sun anywhere.

It was a decent movie. Frustrating though as these films have the potential to be classics.

The main hero is absolutely characterless... How would you describe him?

This one is already better than the first one though in that it actually makes sense.

Did you try looking up your arse?

Dude, I can't give myself a blow job, I don't know how you expect for me to reach my head that far....

I saw the movie today and I'm pleased with it. I liked the first and the second wasn't any different. Fantastic special effects with a decent-enough story that dragged in some places. The characters weren't great and there weren't any award-winning performances but everyone knows that the TRON movies were made to LOOK good and it does that extremely well. The first half entertained me but the second half was meh until the last scene in the virtual world (which I loved). I didn't see this in 3D and judging by ReZ's comment on the movie, I'm glad I didn't.

I think I'd give it a 7/10 overall, simply because it's meant to look good and entertain and nothing else (at least, that's what I think anyway).

Tron Legacy 8-bit Soundtrack

Words can not express how freakin' awesome they are! I want the 8-bit version of Derezzed as my ringtone now, lmao.

Surprised ReZ didn't like this. It's perfectly average in just about every single aspect aside from how good it looks and the soundtrack (which were the high points), it manages to not be terrible at anything except the main character's arc and casting. Considering he loved Wanted, I really do not understand why he would dislike this.

Anyway, saw it today, pretty enjoyable, considering what I was expecting.

5/10.

Edited by Oxigen_Waste
5. not 6.

I'm sure you would. But that's simply because you were expecting it to be awesome. Which was obviously a mistake, considering the original and the crew behind Legacy.

I'm sure you would. But that's simply because you were expecting it to be awesome. Which was obviously a mistake, considering the original and the crew behind Legacy.

No I was expecting it to be shit.

No I was expecting it to be shit.

Really? Hmm... then I really, for the life of me, cannot understand why you hated it so much. I thought it was quite good for a completely brainless action movie.

I can't tolerate films with bad dialogue, unless its intentional. (like Batman & Robin :heart:)

I saw the original again the other day, it's so good. Though it hasn't aged incredibly well.

Haven't seen new one but I intend to!

Yeah but you analyse every little thing about it, I watched it without any care for its influences its history or the people that acted in the film.

Some of the old corny parts were funny where obviously that wasn't the intention and the story was a bit far-fetched but it kept me and my mates occupied for a little while and we had some good laughs, exactly what a good film should do!

EDIT: That wasn't a jab at you (in case you took offence), I enjoy reading your thoughts on films (the rare few we've both actually seen), but you go into a lot more detail than me because you want to.

Yeah but you analyse every little thing about it, I watched it without any care for its influences its history or the people that acted in the film.

Some of the old corny parts were funny where obviously that wasn't the intention and the story was a bit far-fetched but it kept me and my mates occupied for a little while and we had some good laughs, exactly what a good film should do!

EDIT: That wasn't a jab at you (in case you took offence), I enjoy reading your thoughts on films (the rare few we've both actually seen), but you go into a lot more detail than me because you want to.

So did I. I watched it when I was 8. And then about 2 more times later on. It just sucks, it's the 80's worst sci-fi classic, to me. But it is fun to watch, yeah.

It's not even that fun to watch (the original). Shite, when compared to other sci-fis that are actually good [blade Runner springs to mind].

So did I. I watched it when I was 8. And then about 2 more times later on. It just sucks, it's the 80's worst sci-fi classic, to me. But it is fun to watch, yeah.

MPW-39146

Anything that came after this film is symphonic.