NEurope
Daft

Tron Legacy

MPW-39146

Anything that came after this film is symphonic.

I did mention "classic". :heh: Never saw that, though.

Ghost edit: It's 1979, AH!!!

lol, yeah I know but I felt it needed mentioning. Seriously, it's possibly the most WTF film ever. And the ending?

The only awesome thing about it is that it could easily be a prequel to Event Horizon.

BIG BUMP

Sorry, never got round to seeing the film in the cinemas, but just bought a BluRay boxset of both films :D

Firstly the original film looks great in HD, and even though the costumes in digital world looked so outdated I thought the film held up well and still enjoyed it fully : peace:

The watched Legacy, I enjoyed it. Loved the update the digital world got, looked fantastic. Also "young" Jeff Bridges looked pretty good. Only a few times when he speaks did it look weird and not "real".

Only things that disappointed me where...

When Sam gets digitised... they didn't use the same effect as the first film, that was really a let down as that was an iconic effect, was expecting to see it again.

Also the disc fights, missing the laser light effect thing from the first was a surprise but i guess it did make it seem more "physical"

finally Tron himself, dissapointed that he "found himself" so late in the film, and was expect a more epic moment when Flynn would realise who he was. Good to see he wasn't totally killed off so he should play a bigger role in a part 3

Other than that though still a decent film and a lot of fan service in it too which is always nice :)

Oh also didn't like how on the boxart of the first it's called "Tron: The Original Classic"

Makes it sound as if Legacy is a remake and not a sequel :heh: