N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

But this time everythings in place. Proper owners/financial backing, meaning we can actually buy players. Some top youth coming through. Such as Kelly, Flanagan, Robinson, Spearing. Then there is the ones who are doing well in the reserves and u18s (Suso, Coady, Sterling, and many more).

Compare that to Scums situation financially, do you believe there will be money to spend? I'm not sure there will be.

You are in a better position than last year, yes. But, lets also look at things another way. You have had no Champions League football this season, a disappointing one last season, and no Champions League next season. Man City will outspend you in the transfer market, and they themselves have assembled a good team (as much as it is hard to admit). Spurs are up there as well. So, Kenny will put you back on top? He has to get you back into the top four first.

Our financial situation is not great, but things change. The Glazer's are businessmen and are there to turn a profit. Who's to say that they won't sell the club for an obscene amount of money? Even if we don't make any huge signings, there are some great young players who could/will be part of the team for years to come anyway. We've got a decent balance between youth and experience.

You didn't win, you drew!

Title win, dude. I didn't actually mention today's game in my post, just the stuff over the season.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk
Automerged Doublepost

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what if City can spend, £30mil well spent is better than £100mil spent on crap. You havn't caught us in Europe yet either.:heh:

With all respect, you cannot call David Silva and Yaya Toure crap after the season they've both had. I'd have both at United. They may overspend, but they've got a great squad of players now. Don't really see how that can be argued against. Maybe they need a quality defender or two, but midfield wise and attacking, they are more than decent.

Well, it's only a matter of time before we catch you there. What with you not qualifying for it, and all. Unless you want to start Europa League trophies? ;)

I wasn't talking about their past signings, Silva is pure class.

Well, Barca will stuff you this year, and with you barely strengthening, next year will be difficult. So by then, we'll be back in there.;)

Mancini knows what he needs now, and they'll be looking to secure a top four spot next season. I think you'll struggle to get back in there, unless Arsenal drop out. They might finish fourth this season...

Barca are a tough team, but the final is only one night, and I believe we can do it. Also, you don't need to spend 35million on a Suarez type of player to secure the league next season. Hernandez was but a fraction of that. If we can sort out the midfield, then there's no telling how far this team can go. Put it this way, do they really need to strengthen that much if this team can win the league, get into a Champions League Final and an FA Cup semi? Hardly a bad team.

I think you're over-estimating what Kenny can do. Great manager, but he's got a tough job next year with getting into the top four again.

I know Liverpool fans are optimistic, but it's the shame shit every season. ;)

Also, why would Fergie be shitting himself? The scary thing is that his United team this season have beaten everybody else without playing out of their skin, without having a consistent midfield and with a poor away record. It's everybody else who should be scared. Look at the first half against Chelsea, or Blackpool away second half. When United are on form, they are unbeatable.

You could argue that any team is unbeatable when they're on form. it's just getting that form regularly. If we'd have had Vermaelen fit and van Persie for more than 4 months of the season, we'd have run away with the title. As long as Wenger gets it right with a few key signings, i'm more than confident about next season. We beat the majority of the big teams this season, just need more physicality in the side for playing the smaller sides.

I don't think I am over estimating his ability. If the season started when he came in, we'd be 3 points off first. He's done that with our 'poor' squad that severely lacks depth. Who's to say that this form won't carry on next season after we've got some quality in.

You could argue that any team is unbeatable when their on form. it's just getting that form regularly. If we'd have had Vermaelen fit and van Persie for more than 4 months of the season, we'd have run away with the title. As long as Wenger gets it right with a few key signings, i'm more than confident about next season. We beat the majority of the big teams this season, just need more physicality in the side for playing the smaller sides.

Lets be realistic: Somewhere along the line, every team will have their share of injuries. We've had Valencia out for a lengthy period of time, the twins have been in and out, Ferdinand and Vidic have hardly been fit at the same time to play in the same side, Anderson has had leg/knee problems which has halted his progress for the last two seasons, etc. Every team has this issue.

Also, like Liverpool, it's the same story every season. Anyway, you had Chamakh, who was scoring for fun at the start of the season, before being ditched when Van Persie came back into the squad.

You could argue that any team is unbeatable when they're on form. it's just getting that form regularly. If we'd have had Vermaelen fit and van Persie for more than 4 months of the season, we'd have run away with the title. As long as Wenger gets it right with a few key signings, i'm more than confident about next season. We beat the majority of the big teams this season, just need more physicality in the side for playing the smaller sides.

arsenalboombustcycle.png

Careful we're not supposed to get optimistic until next month!

Last home game of the season, I should enjoy it, but I can't help but feel they'll be mixed opinions in and around the stadium tomorrow.

I don't think I am over estimating his ability. If the season started when he came in, we'd be 3 points off first. He's done that with our 'poor' squad that severely lacks depth. Who's to say that this form won't carry on next season after we've got some quality in.

Yeah, "if." That's if you carried on that form throughout the whole season, which is debatable. If you can get some quality in, you'll be challenging for the top four, but I'm just saying that it's not going to be as easy as you think. Especially with Man City and Spurs both going for fourth as well.

Edit: Ramar, I thought that Liverpool picture you posted on the other page could also apply to Arsenal. But then I saw that Bust cycle. ;)

I never said it would be easy, and Spuds don't really worry me with Defoe and Crouch up front.

I'm confident we can finish well next season, and I truly believe in a couple of years we will be properly back. As in, Champions League football again, and challenging for everything.

Lets be realistic: Somewhere along the line, every team will have their share of injuries. We've had Valencia out for a lengthy period of time, the twins have been in and out, Ferdinand and Vidic have hardly been fit at the same time to play in the same side, Anderson has had leg/knee problems which has halted his progress for the last two seasons, etc. Every team has this issue.

Also, like Liverpool, it's the same story every season. Anyway, you had Chamakh, who was scoring for fun at the start of the season, before being ditched when Van Persie came back into the squad.

That's hardly a fair comparison. Anderson, Valencia and the Twins are not guaranteed first team starters, let alone two of your best players. The loss of any of those cannot be compared to loosing van Persie and Varmaelen. Vidic and Ferdinand haven't been fit at the same time but you've more often than not had at least one of them. Messi aside, van Persie has been the striker in Europe since he came back, and Chamakh was doing well but he was hardly scoring for fun.

I never said it would be easy, and Spuds don't really worry me with Defoe and Crouch up front.

I'm confident we can finish well next season, and I truly believe in a couple of years we will be properly back. As in, Champions League football again, and challenging for everything.

Wouldn't be surprised if Harry chucked all of his strikers out and brought in some new ones. They've got some great midfielders but they need somebody up front to put the chances away.

If it was a toss up between you or City getting into the top four, I'd choose Liverpool. Only just though.

If Nasri continued his form, I'm positive we'd have picked up one pot. He's been average since January, which is a shame.

I hate it when he's played out wide. He's a stunning player, and I love seeing him playing in the middle. He's wonderful technically.

That's hardly a fair comparison. Anderson, Valencia and the Twins are not guaranteed first team starters, let alone two of your best players. The loss of any of those cannot be compared to loosing van Persie and Varmaelen. Vidic and Ferdinand haven't been fit at the same time but you've more often than not had at least one of them. Messi aside, van Persie has been the striker in Europe since he came back, and Chamakh was doing well but he was hardly scoring for fun.

Valencia is guaranteed, Rafael has been used very often (we've still not got a 1st choice right-back, we rotate with O'Shea). Not a fair comparison, but these are still important players. Valencia was immense last season, Anderson is our engine in midfield whenever he plays. You're right, one of Vidic and Ferdinand has been playing alongside Chris Smalling. Which shows that its important to have a quality player that can come in and do a job. Wasn't sure if he could, but he did. He's been awesome this season.

Van Persie has done very well, but then he's got trouble with picking up injuries. Only 16 league appearances last season, and 15 in the 2007-08 season. Chamakh's ratio was around 1 in 2 wasn't it, until Van Persie got back. He did very well up until December.

It pains me to keep battering off the same old excuses and to blame the inexperience of the squad but it always seems to be the same old story. We're always the best until March, when we're normally still battling for every trophy and you normally always pinpoint one game where it all went wrong.

Man U have a strong squad, which is why they've won. They haven't always had the strongest 11 but because they an afford to play without any speciifc player, they can play with consistency. The lack of Van Der Saar next season will be a crucial conundrum, but I doubt we'll see Man U investing heavily in any outfield players (no doubt they'll sign a couple of prospects as they always do).

Arsenal really need to start proving themselves again -- Wenger surely only has one more season before he 'resigns'. I think Spurs and Liverpool are showing good signs at this stage of the season to perform well next season, and it's almost expected of chelsea to be up there contending - in all, we've gone from the premier league having one/two strong sides to having three-four solid ones with another three-four chasers who show promise. It's why this league is the best in europe, I think.

A shame the drama is all coming to an end. For the first time in years I'll be paying close attention to the transfer market over summer.

It pains me to keep battering off the same old excuses and to blame the inexperience of the squad but it always seems to be the same old story. We're always the best until March, when we're normally still battling for every trophy and you normally always pinpoint one game where it all went wrong.

It's partly a mental thing. Also, some of your older players just don't provide enough on the field. Arshavin and Rosicky should both be running games and driving the team forward. Arsenal play well when the pressure is off them. When you played us last, you beat us quite comfortably, because by then it was only a slim chance of you getting the top spot. Had it been a title decider, I dunno how Arsenal would have faired.

Champions! been an up and down season, only won 5 away games and drew 10!!! Unreal. Our home form as been immense though. Been a great season with everyone beating each other up and down the league. If we had a fully fit squad throughout I think we probably would sealed it a few weeks ago.

Hernandez has been a great signing, I love him so much. But lets not forget, although he not started many recently, the contribution of Berba this year. Best season he has had for us, top goal scorer in the league.

My worry for next season is replacing Edwin. Could be post Schmeichel years all over again.

Number 19 in the bag. Rooney is either passionate or extremely mad:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=614&filename=cjcei.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

@ Ramar:

funny-kid-tells-joke-to-dog.jpg

@Platty: A question about Rooney's chest hair came on Million Pound Drop last night, the people on there believed it was either how many title's United had won, or how many times Rooney has watched Shrek! They put a bit of money on the Shrek one, the fools!