Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

God, yes set pieces! I've been thinking that for ages. With people like Vidic coming up from the back we really should be getting more goals from corners and wide free kicks. Also has Nani ever scored from a direct free kick?

A couple of seasons ago we looked like we could score from any corner, now... nothing :(

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, we are the least effective team when it comes to set-pieces. Our corners are fucking appalling. Get the ball into the box, by the 6 yard box and get the tall players headering onto the ball. Why can't we provide decent service. Apart from that one free-kick, we just didn't do anything.

The same problems, every single game. Good service counts for so much.

Sounds like you're talking about Arsenal!

To be fair, I was in the gods behind that Vidic handball and didn't notice it until a mate sent me a text a few seconds later. I've not seen the Owen decision again (yet), so for the time being with my Arsenal rose tinters on I'll say nothing.

But the ref was shite. Song and Ramsey booked for what appeared to be clean tackles. Although Song escaped a few rash ones. But yeah the twat in blue got in the way far too much in the first half. Once accident, he's part of the game. Twice coincidence. Three times you are taking the piss son.

The ref was shit. Vidic should have walked, but I can live with that as he's my player. :heh:

Whatever could have happened though, we were crap. Only one team could have won today. It was the same at 5 minutes and the same at 85 minutes. Arsenal had the ball, despite us having players in midfield who could have won it back.

It's fucking annoying. Off the back of a great European night, we put in a crappy league performance. Who are we? Tottenham?!

I'll ask it again, I don't mean any disrespect to him by it, but really why is Vidic captain?

He inherited it from Neville did he?... when he was out for a long time... but I can't believe he's kept it, is he honestly the best person for it? He seems too reckless!

I'll ask it again, I don't mean any disrespect to him by it, but really why is Vidic captain?

He inherited it from Neville did he?... when he was out for a long time... but I can't believe he's kept it, is he honestly the best person for it? He seems too reckless!

He had it after Gary and Rio were injured.

Why shouldn't he have it? He wasn't great today, but 99 times out of 100 he is an absolute rock at the back. He's a leader. I think it's fair for him to have it. He gets away with a lot of shit, but he's a great commander.

Because he is (more often than not) a rock.

He loses it occasionally but the good far outweighs the bad (you just only really here about the bad stuff). Rio is too injury prone now a days which is why the armband was given to Vidic in the first place. He's also massively vocal and a great organiser of the team - clearly unmatched in that department at Old Trafford.

OK, that's why I asked, just wanted to know really if people thought he was a good captain. From what I see he seems pretty inconsistant in terms of commanding and reckless.

Reckless at times, maybe. But, commanding? Hell fucking no. We look more solid with him there.

There are maybe 2 or 3 centre-backs in the world in the same league as him. Lucio and Puyol. Maybe. He's the best in the air. Gets robbed for pace at times, though.

He's a leader. Our leader.

Just got in from the game. Was that Arsenal I just watched? Because we defended for 90 minutes and had Man Utd in our back pockets.

Admittedly our abilities to shoot almost let us down, but Ramsey, what a lad, cracking game.

I'm buzzing but I can't help but be annoyed that had we played like that the last month we'd be in a cracking position now.

---

In other news, I see Liverpool diving practice for 2012 continues, bravo.

Dive?! I assume you're talking about Suarez?

Dive?! I assume you're talking about Suarez?

Yeah the one where he flicked his heels like a mule when he wasn't even on the pitch or receiving contact. The one that lead to Dirk Kuyt scoring a penalty.

To be fair I don't think Suarez is the kind of player who would cheat to gain his team an advanta...

hand-of-god-luis-suarez-world-cup-2010.jpg

...oh, that Suarez

(haven't actually seen the incident today [noparse]:p[/noparse])

To be fair I don't think Suarez is the kind of player who would cheat to gain his team an advanta...

hand-of-god-luis-suarez-world-cup-2010.jpg

...oh, that Suarez

(haven't actually seen the incident today [noparse]:p[/noparse])

That's not what I said, and is totally different. That was to help keep his country in the world cup, and he got punished for it. (red carded)

He clips Suarez's right foot, whether that was enough for him to go down, I don't know. But he's the type of player who would want to stay up in the position he was.

Eboue's not that type of player either... :indeed:

Yeh he was great, he's got that spark that we've lacked for ages. I'm pretty sure you saw his run for our first against you :heh: that's what he offers. He also has that fiery side to him. He's full of passion, and you can tell he really wanted to play for Liverpool. He could of gone to whatever team and earned an obscene amount of money instead. I personally love him already.:heh:

Yeh he was great, he's got that spark that we've lacked for ages. I'm pretty sure you saw his run for our first against you :heh: that's what he offers. He also has that fiery side to him. He's full of passion, and you can tell he really wanted to play for Liverpool. He could of gone to whatever team and earned an obscene amount of money instead. I personally love him already.:heh:

I don't think there were that many teams in for him, though were there? He's a great player, and will be a good addition to Liverpool.

He's already earning a daft amount of money, though. He's a Premiership football. If he went to City or Real, then yeah, he'd be earning more. He's doing well, though.

He's lucky that he's there when Kenny is in charge. If it were Rafa, the guy would probably be playing the Babel role, where he's left on the bench then played in an obscure position when he is available. At least Kenny shows him some respect.

But then if Man United win and Arsenal win then Arsenal will be level on points with Chelsea, I'd say there's just as much chance as Arsenal finishing second as Chelsea winning it.

Anyhing could happen. Man Utd and Chelsea could catastrophically slip up causing Arsenal to win the league. Chelsea might lose their remaining 3 games. Man Utd might draw 'em all and still win the title. Chelsea could win the rest of their games and still not win the league on GD.

I don't think it's gonna come down to goal difference though. I think that either Man Utd or Chelsea will drop points in the last 2 games of the season. The way we've been playing lately (strong, but flaky in times of pressure) makes me think it could be us, but then again Man Utd seem to be losing their footing a little as of late.

Funny old game.. :D

I'm pretty sure there would of been, he scored 49 in 48 last season, I don't think there was many teams willing to spend that type of money in January.

I think next season is when you'll see the best of him. I can see quite a few players coming in, and I think that extra quality will see him play even better.

I'm pretty sure there would of been, he scored 49 in 48 last season, I don't think there was many teams willing to spend that type of money in January.

I think next season is when you'll see the best of him. I can see quite a few players coming in, and I think that extra quality will see him play even better.

I mean at that moment, there wasn't really anybody else bidding for him. Odd, but still. Liverpool did well top hop onto him quickly.

Next season should see the best of many players. Last year, the World Cup prevented many from having a decent pre-season. Arguably, it could help Torres break back into his stride, at least for Chelsea.

I mean at that moment, there wasn't really anybody else bidding for him. Odd, but still. Liverpool did well top hop onto him quickly.

Next season should see the best of many players. Last year, the World Cup prevented many from having a decent pre-season.Arguably, it could help Torres break back into his stride, at least for Chelsea.

Wouldn't go that far.:heh:

But yeh, I'm not sure, I think Ajax wanted to hold out for as long as possible to squeeze out whatever they could for him. I think the whole thing went on for about 2 weeks. Was one crazy transfer window.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!