N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worth the lack of sleep? ;)

I love it when Spurs beat Arsenal. Love it! What a game of two halves. After the first it looked like Arsenal would just go on and walk it. Great comeback by Spurs. Was cheering them on alsmot like it was United. Brilliant match.

Bale was immense once more.

What did Bale do today other than a tap in and fall over a lot. Useless chimp. And don't get me started on Van der Vaart and his fucking elbows.

We were shit second half, Cesc's handball threw it away, was only downhill for us after that.

Stats show on BBC website apparently that Birmingham have had 1 shot on target and 0 shots off target!

Very fortunate/ good work by Bowyer to sink that one opportunity then.

Looks like top of the table is all square again!

I feel sorry for you mate, if we're early game again and lose. Stick a tenner on Chelsea to lose. We've dropped so many points when you've lost its unreal.

It's a shame it's taken Elmander this long to finally start putting in the performances.

I know. That's one of the reasons I was complaining when Megson was manager. Yeah, he kept us up, but he would defend a 0-0 that guy. Coyle has done wonders for us so far, we are playing with belief again and no longer just a long ball tactic.

What did Bale do today other than a tap in and fall over a lot. Useless chimp. And don't get me started on Van der Vaart and his fucking elbows.

We were shit second half, Cesc's handball threw it away, was only downhill for us after that.

Love it :). How many yellows did Arsenal pick up trying to stop Bale trying to surge forward for the fourth? Was that Sagna falling over as he ghosted past? Typical gooner mirroring their manager's gracelessness in defeat.

We were so shit in the first half, we gave way too much time to Arsenal in the middle of the pitch, mainly down to Jenas' inability to tackle. Great second half. Gallas put in a great shift, man of the match for me. Any Spurs fans doubting if his head was at Spurs must be swayed now - I surely am.

Highlights of today: gooners in uni pub giving it large when the disallowed goal went in, only to get a tirade of abuse back at him when the flag went up; Wenger kicking his bottle in frustration, to cheers all round from us yids.

As a side note: fair play to Bolton they are playing some great stuff under Coyle, including in the game against us.

Love it :). How many yellows did Arsenal pick up trying to stop Bale trying to surge forward for the fourth? Was that Sagna falling over as he ghosted past? Typical gooner mirroring their manager's gracelessness in defeat.

Sagna slipped over?... I wasn't aware Bale had telekenetic powers to make a man five yards away slip. It wasn't even a piece of skill to make him look a mug, Sagna made a mug of himself.

And we picked up one yellow tackling Bale, Denilson's.

Sagna slipped over?... I wasn't aware Bale had telekenetic powers to make a man five yards away slip. It wasn't even a piece of skill to make him look a mug, Sagna made a mug of himself.

And we picked up one yellow tackling Bale, Denilson's.

2:13

Free kick awarded for a foul by Bacary Sagna on Gareth Bale. Direct free kick taken by Jermaine Jenas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9194607.stm

Too easy sometimes.

Love this little gem.

Also love how Wenger thought it wasn't a free kick but 'didn't see' the handball. Classic.

I think all this hype surrounding Bale is stupid though. He's a great player, but people are saying he's the best leftie mid in the world. He just isn't.

And all these Spurs fans who think Van Der Vaart is class. No, Fabregas is pure class. He's a sublime player.

How many yellows did Arsenal pick up trying to stop Bale trying to surge forward for the fourth?

2:13

Free kick awarded for a foul by Bacary Sagna on Gareth Bale. Direct free kick taken by Jermaine Jenas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/9194607.stm

So after 2:13 Bacary Sagna got booked for stopping Bale score a fourth?

Yeah... good one captain.

So after 2:13 Bacary Sagna got booked for stopping Bale score a fourth?

Yeah... good one captain.

Was replying to your comment "And we picked up one yellow tackling Bale, Denilson's", clearly chump. Anyway this is a stupid argument; I should refrain from commenting on your ignorant comments.

MadDog, what's your definition of class? I would say VDV is class. 6 goals and 5 assists in his first season, so far? No doubt Fabregas is sublime - as shown in the first half yesterday.

Was replying to your comment "And we picked up one yellow tackling Bale, Denilson's", clearly chump. Anyway this is a stupid argument; I should refrain from commenting on your ignorant comments.

MadDog, what's your definition of class? I would say VDV is class. 6 goals and 5 assists in his first season, so far? No doubt Fabregas is sublime - as shown in the first half yesterday.

I don't see Sagna getting booked after 2:13 either... Sort it out.

Although I have just noticed that 2:13 is a typo made by you..

Edited by Ramar

I think all this hype surrounding Bale is stupid though. He's a great player, but people are saying he's the best leftie mid in the world. He just isn't.

And all these Spurs fans who think Van Der Vaart is class. No, Fabregas is pure class. He's a sublime player.

I'm Arsenal fan and I disagree with both points, to a degree.

Is Bale the best left mid in the game? Hard to argue that he isn't, I mean who in the world has performed better this season? But lets not forget how hopeless he was when he first started for Spurs. Give the lad a season or two before judging what he is and what he isn't.

Van der Vaart is absolute pure class, no denying it. He makes every team better. Ajax, Hamburg, Real Madrid, Holland and now Tottenham. He was absolutely shafted at Real Madrid, he played exceptionally for them and he was treated like shit. I'd most definitely take Van der Vaart over Sneijder any day of the week. You don't achieve nearly 90 caps for a national side as good as Holland at only 27 if you're not exceptionally gifted. Sneijder is brilliant from dead balls and possesses an amazing shot but Van der Vaart is the more complete player. He's also a very nice guy, whose had a lot of bad shit happen personally but hasn't let it affect him on the pitch.

I fail to see how Fabregas is the better player than Van der Vaart? he doesn't score nearly as often and doesn't have as much assists as he does and is rather injury prone nowadays. They're both exceptional players that I wouldn't even attempt to separate. Fabregas profile has risen dramatically with the way he's led from a young age and Van der vaart seemed to be forgotten about with the way Madrid treated him.

I just wish RVP was successful in getting Wenger to sign him, imagine those two playing in the same team.

*Dreams*

I don't see Sagna getting booked after 2:13 either... Sort it out.

Although I have just noticed that 2:13 is a typo made by you..

I apologise for that typo. Anyway, the point of the argument was that I fail to see how Bale didn't have an effect on the game. First half we were outclassed though if I'm honest, it just didn't work with two wide men and the lack of steel in midfield.

As for the VDV/Fabregas argument, I can't really judge who is the better player as I've honestly not seen enough of VDV throughout his career. Even if Fabregas is the better player, he's not in a league of his own. I think they both have the propensity to take the game by the scruff of the neck and change the momentum of a match.

Edited by spirited away

I apologise for that typo. Anyway, the point of the argument was that I fail to see how Bale didn't have an effect on the game. First half we were outclassed though if I'm honest, it just didn't work with two wide men and the lack of steel in midfield.

I'm not saying he didn't have an effect, I was questioning the 'immense'ness as Platty put it. He didn't set the game a light, if anything the spurs come back was a complete team effort.

I'm going to agree with Ramar on this one. Bale was non-existant in the first half. I think overall he had a quiet game, and part of that is down to the high standards we have now come to expect from him. He didn't have a brilliant game, he didn't have an awful game. It was an ordinary game for him.

I thought the turning point came after half time with Defoe. Tottenham looked more dangerous going forward. Van Der Vaart got himself onto the ball a lot more than he did in the first half. They closed down the Arsenal midfield quicker. Add to that the fact that the Arsenal midfield took their foot off the gas.

I thought the second Arsenal goal was class, and they really should have seen the game out after that. I actually feared for Spurs, because I believe Arsenal could have gone in at the break more than 2 goals up. But, they became complacent after half time, and Harry went for it and got his rewards.

Really chuffed that Chelsea lost as well. Also chuffed with Evra getting a goal and Hernandez getting another. Also, despite his troubles, it is good to see Rooney back on the pitch. Not entirely happy with him for obvious reasons, but it is good to have him back.