Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

That was a disgrace, Levein. If I was out in Prague for that I'd be calling for his head. No one in the world wants to watch a 4-6-0 and a team not even attack. Scotland are a proud nation and I think most people would agree with me that I would've preferred losing 3-0 if we'd gone out and attacked with a decent system. We were always going to concede a goal with a set-up like that.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just post my the thoughts I expressed on Facebook.

An absolute disgrace. i'm sick of hearing every Scotland side being described as 'Honest', 'Brave' and 'Hardworking', we're a national football side, not a fucking black and decker power tool. We couldn't even muster 1 shot on target during the entire game. Levein clearly has no idea what he's doing, did Mackie even touch the ball? What's gonna be his tactics for Tuesday, 22 players behind the ball. LEVEIN OUT.

I've been nervous all day waiting for news on Sky Sports. I just hope that by tomorrow Hicks&Gillett are gone forever.

Yeh.. I've been feeling pretty weird about it today too, especially knowing now that there will be some sort of decision tomorrow morning..

We can only hope it all goes the right way, eh.. :shakehead

As for Northern Ireland, I'm gutted we couldn't go and beat the Faroe Islands after a great result the other night :hmm:

Great stuff from Scotland last night, really did us proud. I just went daft when that 2nd goal went in. Absolutely gutted that the 3rd goal we conceded was from an awful defensive error from McManus! I told you he was a diddy, gmac!

Leave off Big Mac, aye it was a terrible bit of marking but he'd had a decent game till then and did win us our only match so far!

Leave off Big Mac, aye it was a terrible bit of marking but he'd had a decent game till then and did win us our only match so far!

He can also be blamed for Lichtenstein's goal in that game. He was standing a metre off the striker who scored it, if he'd got it quicker which he easily could have he would've blocked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTV8ewfRJAY

25 seconds in.

Admittedly he wasn't the only person at fault there; Hutton should've got back into defence quicker but McManus could have and should have closed down the forward.

I'm sure it's great to push Spain so close, but they still lost. You still need points to qualify.

Delighted with how today has gone regarding Liverpool. H&G are nearly gone, and this John Henry seems like a nice guy. Hopefully we have something to spend in January.

I'm sure it's great to push Spain so close, but they still lost. You still need points to qualify.

Delighted with how today has gone regarding Liverpool. H&G are nearly gone, and this John Henry seems like a nice guy. Hopefully we have something to spend in January.

Just don't expect a new stadium if Mr Henry's track record is anything to go by.

What a farce this is, H & G have got a texan court to block the sale minutes before it was to be announced that it was completed and are claiming 1.6 billion in damages!!! Toss Pots!!!

Saw this on other forums and websites and the question no one seems to know is what jurisidiction does a texan court have.

I feel sorry for the scousers at the minute, its exactly what I'm scared of happening to us. Owners who are in it just for the money and will do anything to line their pockets.

Mega big lolz.

Liverpool sale 'blocked by injunction'

A Texas court has granted a temporary restraining order stopping the sale of Liverpool Football Club, owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett have claimed.

It comes hours after the American pair saw their challenge against the club's sale thrown out by the High Court.

Hicks and Gillett issued a statement as the Liverpool board met to ratify the sale to New England Sports Ventures.

The American duo described the proposed £300m sale as "an epic swindle" and are seeking more than £1bn in damages.

Hicks claims the injunction prevents Liverpool executing the sale of the club to NESV, with a hearing date of 25 October set.

The legal action in Texas - signed by Judge Jim Jordan of the 160th District Court in Dallas - is "part of a lawsuit filed against Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre, NESV and Philip Nash" read a statement.

"The lawsuit also seeks temporary and permanent injunctions, and damages totalling approximately $1.6 billion (more than £1 billion)."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/9080946.stm

Not sure they can do that but then I don't know much about international law.

I assume it all depends on the contract as they would have specified a certain law that the contract will be goverend by and who knows what the Americans drew up.

1.6 Billion though, I hate Liverpool but this is a joke.

It sure is a joke, it's a joke for football itself, it should not be decided like this, hicks and gillett could have left with some dignity but they are just making it worse for themselves. If the club goes into administration which it might do, hicks and gillett will lose money regardless!!

Weren't so long ago your boys were scraping the bottom of the barrel and being flogged for a quid.. ::shrug:

I assure you I was lolling then, too.

I don't have a problem with Liverpool, it's just a few of my friends support the Pool and I'm amused by their reactions.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!