N-Europe

Football Season 2010/11

Ramar

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How annoying. Why was O'Shea still on the pitch when he pulled down Torres? 100% red card. If he'd rightly been sent off, 2-2 with them down to 10 men. Would of really fancied our chances.

Probably the same reason why Carragher wasn't sent off at Anfield last season for bringing down Owen. The ball was absolutely nowhere near Torres. He wouldn't have made it. It wasn't a clear goal-scoring chance.

Anyway, it would have been a travesty if Liverpool had got a point after that. They did absolutely nothing for the majority of the game. They only turned up when the game was 2-2.

I thought United dominated the game from start to finish, minus a little wobble when the game was tied at 2-2. Berbatov was fantastic today, like he has been for the last few games. He was good last season, but he's been something else in this one. Really happy for him.

What has an incident 1 year ago got to do with now? :heh:

I'd say second half we were in the game, we came out fighting and we got our reward.

Because the incident is almost identical to the one from the year that passed. In fact, if one of those situations deserved a red it would be Carraghers. Much more of a clear goal-scoring chance than the one Torres had. The game was in a similar state (Where Liverpool were winning 1-0, whereas United were winning 2-1 in this one) so it seems absolutely fine to compare the two situations.

Imo, Liverpool weren't in the game until it was 2-2. Yeah, they responded somewhat well after going 2-0 down, but they were poor for most of the afternoon. Torres was kept quiet by Vidic, Nani had the better of Konchesky all afternoon, and Berba deserved all three of his goals. I don't really see how any Liverpool fan could think that a point would be fair to them after that game.

We earned the penalty. We won the freekick. We did enough to score 2 goals. Then there's the fact that you should of been down to 10 men also. You were better first half, we were better 2nd half.

Seriously, look again at the free-kick which you won. The ball is on the opposite side of the box to the side which Torres is at. Look at where Van Der Sar is. Torres would never have got there, it wasn't a goal-scoring chance, therefore not a red card. Never in a million years. If the ball was on the other side, which was closer to Torres, where he was running in behind O'Shea, then yes, I would say that's a red.

Yeah, you scored from those two situations. But, across the whole game, Liverpool created absolutely nothing. Look at the three goals that United scored and compare those to yours. Three quality balls into the box compared to a free-kick and a penalty. Liverpool would never have scored a goal like any of those today.

Lets say Torres wouldn't of got there then. Does that make it ok for O'Shea to hold him back? Not at all. Whether he was getting the ball or not, it was a foul.

It doesn't make it ok, which is why O'shea got a yellow card and Liverpool got a free-kick...

I'm not saying it was a foul. You got the free-kick which is fair. Anything else that you are claiming, such as O'shea being sent off is clutching at straws.

We earned the penalty. We won the freekick. We did enough to score 2 goals. Then there's the fact that you should of been down to 10 men also. You were better first half, we were better 2nd half.

You were better than yourselves in the second half but you still weren't the better team :heh:

Lets say Torres wouldn't of got there then. Does that make it ok for O'Shea to hold him back? Not at all. Whether he was getting the ball or not, it was a foul.

Flink's not disputing that it wasn't a foul though :heh:

United thoroughly deserved the win, Liverpool only scored from two stupid fouls and then Fletcher going walkies instead of staying on the end of the wall. They didn't create anything of note.

Also Berba's second.. :o:bowdown:

But he denied him having a chance, if that would of happened at any stadium other than Old Trafford, i guarantee it would of been a red card.

It was not a chance! That is what I am saying. Watch it again, he is nowhere near the ball. It's complete rubbish.

Again, I'm going to point to the Carragher incident from last year. Now THAT was much more of a goal-scoring chance than this one ever was. Why were United fans not all that furious? Because we were outplayed that day. We accepted it. Same thing applies here. 2-2 or even a Liverpool win would have been a complete injustice after the way that both teams had played.

You were better than yourselves in the second half but you still weren't the better team :heh:

Flink's not disputing that it wasn't a foul though :heh:

United thoroughly deserved the win, Liverpool only scored from two stupid fouls and then Fletcher going walkies instead of staying on the end of the wall. They didn't create anything of note.

Also Berba's second.. :o:bowdown:

How was we not the better team 2nd half? We passed it much better. We were defending solidly. A couple of neat headers, and a piece of magic was what won it for you today. Berba basically won the game by himself.

How was we not the better team 2nd half? We passed it much better. We were defending solidly. A couple of neat headers, and a piece of magic was what won it for you today. Berba basically won the game by himself.

Sorry, again you are very wrong here. Berba did not win the game by himself. He did what the majority of United fans have been pleading for in the last year or so: to give him decent service.

To say it was just a couple of neat headers is completely taking away the creativity of the build up play which led to those moments. The second goal, for example was started by an amazing diagonal Darren Fletcher ball. That ball started it all off. The service has been gradually getting better and better, which in turn means that it is easier for Rooney and Berbatov to get the goals. This is precisely why United fans are gutted that Valencia is injured. Rooney would only have scored a quarter of the goals that he did if Valencia was not playing.

You had a brief period where you seemed on top and we looked like we had lost our heads, when the game was 2-2. Thats it. Apart from that, it was all United, from start to finish (bar again another few minutes before the end of the first half, before Berba scored his first).

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

First half was back and forth really. We didn't create anything, you had a chance or two, which you put away. 2nd half though, we were passing it well for most of the half, got into 2 great positions (Freekick and penalty) which was when your defenders made mistakes/bad tackles. I was happy with how we came out in the 2nd half. Also, when we took of Maxi was it? for Ngog. I think Ngog is crap, but it showed that we were going to have a go, and throw men forward to try and get back into the game. We then scored about a minute after he came on, fair enough he played no part in it, but it still encouraged me into thinking we weren't gonna sit back and give up.

First half was back and forth really. We didn't create anything, you had a chance or two, which you put away. 2nd half though, we were passing it well for most of the half, got into 2 great positions (Freekick and penalty) which was when your defenders made mistakes/bad tackles. I was happy with how we came out in the 2nd half. Also, when we took of Maxi was it? for Ngog. I think Ngog is crap, but it showed that we were going to have a go, and throw men forward to try and get back into the game. We then scored about a minute after he came on, fair enough he played no part in it, but it still encouraged me into thinking we weren't gonna sit back and give up.

I know every person sees the game differently, but I really don't agree with this part. If anything, the game should have been 2-0 or something more at halftime. A United goal was always, always coming. The only time I remember Liverpool threatening was that Glen Johnson ball that went across goal which seemed a lot more dangerous than it actually was.

As for N'Gog, I hated him at first, but I actually think he has something now. However, he's been completely mismanaged by Benitez in the past. Officially, isn't he your second striker after Torres? That is the problem. Too much weight on the guy's shoulders. He's probably on a par if not better than Macheda at United, yet look at where he is in the pecking order. Probably fourth choice or fifth choice.

I know every person sees the game differently, but I really don't agree with this part. If anything, the game should have been 2-0 or something more at halftime. A United goal was always, always coming. The only time I remember Liverpool threatening was that Glen Johnson ball that went across goal which seemed a lot more dangerous than it actually was.

As for N'Gog, I hated him at first, but I actually think he has something now. However, he's been completely mismanaged by Benitez in the past. Officially, isn't he your second striker after Torres? That is the problem. Too much weight on the guy's shoulders. He's probably on a par if not better than Macheda at United, yet look at where he is in the pecking order. Probably fourth choice or fifth choice.

Well, if you bring players real position into the equation, not were Rafa played them, we have 6 strikers.

Torres

Kuyt

Babel

Jovanovic

Ngog

Pacheco

That's actually quite a decent strikeforce. All got something different. Torres is just class, Kuyt will work and grab important goals. Babel is talented, it just depends what side of the bed he wakes up on that morning. Jovanovic is a worker, havn't seen enough of him really to properly judge him. Ngog is just average at best. Pacheco, i really like. He's something different, and i really hope Roy gives him chances this year, because i'm convinced he will turn out to be a cracking player.

Well, if you bring players real position into the equation, not were Rafa played them, we have 6 strikers.

Torres

Kuyt

Babel

Jovanovic

Ngog

Pacheco

That's actually quite a decent strikeforce. All got something different. Torres is just class, Kuyt will work and grab important goals. Babel is talented, it just depends what side of the bed he wakes up on that morning. Jovanovic is a worker, havn't seen enough of him really to properly judge him. Ngog is just average at best. Pacheco, i really like. He's something different, and i really hope Roy gives him chances this year, because i'm convinced he will turn out to be a cracking player.

Kuyt, Babel and Jovanovic will never play as strikers. Kuyt gets played out wide and Babel just never ever gets to play. He's your equivalent of Nani, where he probably needs games. One of those gets games (Nani) whereas the other doesn't (Babel.)

You don't really have any strikers other than Torres and N'gog (first teamers we're talking about about) and wingers are in short supply (with the exception of Maxi...)

No, they'll never play at Liverpool as strikers, but that's were they played for their previous clubs, and their natural positions. It's easy to tell Babel used to play striker, everytime he gets the ball, he moves infield and towards goal. There's also the fact that he can't cross a ball. If he learned to cross, he'd be a decent winger with his pace and ability to take it past players.

I, unfortunately, couldn't get to see the game and only caught a few moments here and there on the radio in at work!

At 2-0 I was pretty glum in at work and then a few moments later we had a free kick and scored! I thought it was brilliant.. a lifeline.. back in it at 2-1! But then the commentator said it was 2-2 and I completely perked up for a while.. until I banged my fist on the counter when Berbatov completely his hat trick :hmm:

To be honest, this is the least excited I have ever been going into a Man United v Liverpool match and I've had a worrying lack of enthusiasm towards football in recent months. I'm sure there are several obvious factors for that..

Anyway, congratulations FLiNk.. you win this time :mad:

No, they'll never play at Liverpool as strikers, but that's were they played for their previous clubs, and their natural positions. It's easy to tell Babel used to play striker, everytime he gets the ball, he moves infield and towards goal. There's also the fact that he can't cross a ball. If he learned to cross, he'd be a decent winger with his pace and ability to take it past players.

I agree completely. But, thats the problem that Liverpool had especially when Benitez was in charge. I don't think you/we've seen Roy's proper team yet. I cringe everytime I see Babel played out wide. He's not entirely useless out there, but you can tell that he's not comfortable. Play players towards their strengths, in my opinion, unless it's absolutely necessary that they play in another position.

I, unfortunately, couldn't get to see the game and only caught a few moments here and there on the radio in at work!

At 2-0 I was pretty glum in at work and then a few moments later we had a free kick and scored! I thought it was brilliant.. a lifeline.. back in it at 2-1! But then the commentator said it was 2-2 and I completely perked up for a while.. until I banged my fist on the counter when Berbatov completely his hat trick :hmm:

To be honest, this is the least excited I have ever been going into a Man United v Liverpool match and I've had a worrying lack of enthusiasm towards football in recent months. I'm sure there are several obvious factors for that..

Anyway, congratulations FLiNk.. you win this time :mad:

It's still early days in the season. I was talking to somebody else about this recently, and we both agreed that it was a good time to play Liverpool. If this was in December, you probably would have hit form by then.

Until next time. ;)

This is my favourite fixture of the entire season. This one, and the games against City.

I'm a Chelsea fan so I can say this without being biased toward either team... United absolutely dominated Liverpool for about 60 minutes of the 90. Liverpool were the better team for about 10 minutes and the other 20 minutes were fairly even.

Great game today. Thoroughly deserved win for United. Domintaed the first half and the majority of the second half until we decided to emplode AGAIN! what is going on with us lately? Silly penalty and free kick to give away.

Anyway, Berba had a great game yet again. Could be a superb season for him if he stays fit and continues playing the way he is. Great second goal, can watch that all day long.