NEurope
Ramar

Football Season 2010/11

I dislike both clubs, but if I wanted to see one team hammered it would have been Madrid to shut up Mourinho and to end their unbeaten streak. If only someone could do the same to Man United I'd much appreciate it.

Was at the Norwich v Ipswich game at the weekend, it was a quality game, good atmosphere and I won a few quid on Grant Holt scoring first.

You have the chance when we play you at Old Trafford on the 13th December. :) <3

You have the chance when we play you at Old Trafford on the 13th December. :) <3

I'd settle for a draw to be honest. Got my ticket the other day in the post, for £51 they could have used a bit more colour.

What a match last night. Probably the best match I've seen this year, if not longer.

Barcelona were superb, all over Real. In the 2nd half especially they had periods of possession which lasted minutes and any time you thought there's no possible pass for them to make they would find one. They were in a different class to Real.

Big matches in the EPL always get bigged up but are ALWAYS (apart from that Arsenal - Liverpool game a few seasons ago) a disappointed as neither team wants to go for it. Biggest match in the world last night and it was fantastic.

I dislike both clubs, but if I wanted to see one team hammered it would have been Madrid to shut up Mourinho and to end their unbeaten streak. If only someone could do the same to Man United I'd much appreciate it.

Was at the Norwich v Ipswich game at the weekend, it was a quality game, good atmosphere and I won a few quid on Grant Holt scoring first.

Well you got what you wanted!

Terrible performance tonight, the defense may as well have not turned up. West Ham clearly wanted it more and were better all over the pitch. I nearly threw up at the end (but that might have something to do with the fact I'm ill, seriously it was right in my mouth - sick swallow :heh:).

Oh well going a whole season undefeated is impossible so I'd much rather it happened in the Carling Cup :hmm:

Well you got what you wanted!

Terrible performance tonight, the defense may as well have not turned up. West Ham clearly wanted it more and were better all over the pitch. I nearly threw up at the end (but that might have something to do with the fact I'm ill, seriously it was right in my mouth - sick swallow :heh:).

Oh well going a whole season undefeated is impossible so I'd much rather it happened in the Carling Cup :hmm:

I wanted it in the league not league cup. :(

Our game was poor tonight, was a bit cold as well. Can't argue for a tenner a ticket though. Decent opportunity for a trophy, think Wenger just wants one under the belt now.

Arsenal have pretty much got their first trophy in X* seasons now then.

*Ramar please complete my post. Not a dig, I just genuinely don't remember.

Arsenal have pretty much got their first trophy in X* seasons now then.

*Ramar please complete my post. Not a dig, I just genuinely don't remember.

It's been 5 years since we won anything. But I'm not going to start counting my chickens before they hatch, we're at the semis now nothing more.

Brilliant Derby game Between Birmingham and Aston Villa, soured by the after match scuffle between the supporters. Birmingham 2-1 winners.

West Brom were knocked out by Ipswich 1-0 via a penalty.

The draw for the final is as follows:

Ipswich Town vs Arsenal

West Ham United vs Birmingham City

Should we get passed Ipswich, I'd very much like West Ham in the final. We can get a bit of cup final revenge.

I'm skint at the minute and really should not be toying with the idea, but an away day semi final at Ipswich Town might just be worth while.

West Ham were fucking brilliant yesterday. In contrast, we were fucking awful. So many bad performances. Darren Fletcher was invisible during that game. Obertan didn't perform one good pass all night. Jonny Evans looked shaky as hell, as he has done all season.

The only positive about yesterday is that Anderson looked good and was the only player trying to make things happen. I hope he still gets a look in with the first team.

Full credit to West Ham, especially Obina. Four assists? Thats remarkable.

Nasri's goals are worth staying in and catching MotD tonight.

After staying in and watching MotD, I totally agree with you. He's just on fire this season.

We've sacked Hughton, for reasons only known to a certain rotund fuckwit :hmm:

I know just heard this, got a lot of mates who are newcastle fans and no one has a clue whats going on! 11th in the Premiership your first season back up there with a lot of the same players who were around when you went down I don't see what the problem is. Sure you've had some bad results but also some fantastic results...at least he can go out with his head held high hope he secures another job somewhere.

Really stupid and harsh decision,

it's only mid point in the season and they are 11th, having knicked points off Arsenal, Chelsea and Rivals Sunderland..... hardly a cause for concern, okay granted Bolton and WBA games were not their best, but still. HARSH!

plus sack the manager when going into December with a more hectic football schedule.

silly silly decision.

Supposedly it was similar to the Keegan/Wise situation. Ashley gets on well with Beardsley and promised him the assistant managers job, Hughton said no thanks, gets the sack.

Supposedly it was similar to the Keegan/Wise situation. Ashley gets on well with Beardsley and promised him the assistant managers job, Hughton said no thanks, gets the sack.

Exasperated, is the word. Seriously, what the hell? WE NEED STABILITY!

Sorry for you Chris, it was genuinely not your fault.

And no, we don't want Martin Jol. The thing about "More Experience" is obviously to forestall any discussions about Shearer coming back.

I was just getting to tolerate Mike Ashley - he seemed to be taking a good hands-off approach and letting things run as they should be. Hughton got us back into the Premiership, minus the "Stars" of the previous campaign at the first time of asking. We're 11th in the table, when people said by now we'd have no points. We had negative cash to spend on transfers, and yet still we've proven our mettle.

Hughton may not have been a charismatic, dynamic tactical genius, but he got us to a great position. Ditching him like this just shows no respect and no class.

Odds on that there will be demonstrations outside St James' and Ashley will throw another hissy fit and put the club back onto the market.

Edited by Iun

Hell yes we want Martin Jol when it currently looks like Pardew is all but nailed on.

sacking houghton makes no sense to me, that came completely out of the blue. Hes done a good job at getting them back to the prem, but I guess he isnt a big enough name for the baord at newcastle to warrant being a premiership manager.

sacking houghton makes no sense to me, that came completely out of the blue. Hes done a good job at getting them back to the prem, but I guess he isnt a big enough name for the baord at newcastle to warrant being a premiership manager.

He's a big enough name to get his team too defend almost peferctly against us at our own ground.

Disgusting decision from the Newcastle board. :nono:

Well Martin Jol's resigned as Ajax manager at a rather convenient time.

but I guess he isnt a big enough name for the baord at newcastle to warrant being a premiership manager.

That's exactly it. Newcastle are under the impression that they're a big Premier League club but in actual fact they're a small club who are currently over-achieving in that they're 11th in the league.

That's exactly it. Newcastle are under the impression that they're a big Premier League club but in actual fact they're a small club who are currently over-achieving in that they're 11th in the league.

Oh really, that's why the fans were all behind 'small name' Chris Hughton then, is it? :rolleyes: Typical lazy stereotypical shite reguritated from the tabloid press.