Joe Danger PSN

So an Excitebike rip-off then?

Looks interesting.

So an Excitebike rip-off then?

Looks interesting.

Sounds like a bit more than that! :bouncy:

4647938043_877d786790.jpg

Stunt, Create and Share

Creating levels in Joe Danger is as fast and fun as playing the game itself. In fact, you never leave the game! As you ride through your level, press Edit at any time to freeze the world and play about with it however you want. You can drop a ramp then launch Joe over it, or place a Shark Tank just before he lands.

BANNERIMAGE--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

You can even create your own challenges to send to your friends. Lay down the gauntlet with your own Multiplayer race level, or set out a Coin Dash against the clock, or a tricky Target Smash. You can complete a friend’s level, then add more danger and send it right back for the ultimate challenge. That’s how we’ve created all our own levels in the game.

4647938253_cffcc7c6c1.jpg

It’s a BIG game

You take Joe from zero to hero across eleven tours, which are each made up of up to ten levels. Levels are set in a crazy diverse set of hazard filled game modes like Target Smash, Assault Course, Race, Coin Dash, Bowling Bounce, and Puzzle Mode.

Each of those levels feature a high-score table and up to eight challenge stars earned by thrilling the crowd. Some involve collecting hidden pick-ups high in the sky using skilful boosting, beating Team Nasty to the finish line, collecting the letters of D-A-N-G-E-R , racing against the clock, launching your bike at top speed towards a rack of bowling pins and scoring a strike, or keeping the crowd cheering as you combo a whole level. Sometimes you’ll be trying to do all of those things at once!

AI--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

Community

Joe Danger is all about playing with friends, because playing Joe Danger together is how we’ve built this game. That might mean passing the pad on a heart-breakingly difficult Coin Dash, or punching your rivals off their bike in Splitscreen. Sometimes it’s crossing the finish line to immediately see all your online friends highscores, and instantly restarting. More often, it’s about downloading a new level and trying to complete it, before making your own tweaks.

We want this to be a competitive game, something to play with friends and one we hope you’ll want to tell everyone about.

The PSN Store publish date is June 8th — and we hope you enjoy it!

stadium--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

Edited by Cookyman

Now I have a job I can finally start to buy things off the PSN and this looks really good. I loved excite bike i'm probably the only person out of my friends who did and the extra stunt things in this make it look even better xD. Oh and btw thanks Matt for commenting/ voting and downloading my track in modnation, I tried to find things of yours to repay the favour but couldn't figure out how to find your stuff if you have any.

This looks great actually; look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Oh and btw thanks Matt for commenting/ voting and downloading my track in modnation, I tried to find things of yours to repay the favour but couldn't figure out how to find your stuff if you have any.

No problem. I have not made anything yet but will do soon!

Definitely gonna pick this up to me it shits all over the recent Excitebike Wiiware remake.

Yeah, looks pretty slick. Amazed it was made by a team of just four people.

A fun game.

Quick tip for the two trophies that are about creating and sharing: You can send a level to yourself. Bam! Two very easy trophies.

Develop-Online

Develop 2010: Attendees bemused by reasons why the popular PSN title fell at early hurdles

Hello Games took to the stage at the Develop Conference today to exact revenge on the publishers that turned down the Joe Danger project.

Sean Murray, a programmer at the studio, revealed that Joe Danger sold 50,000 copies in its first week on the PlayStation Network. Yet Hello Games struggled to convince publishers that the title would work.

Without naming any names, Murray went through a list of reasons why the game was turned down, quoting what he had heard from various publishers in meetings. Attendees at the Develop session broke into laughter.

The list, as quoted by Murray, can be found below:

“Name me one popular game with motorbikes?”

”Collecting giant coins feels unrealistic to me”

”I can see this working as a Facebook app”

”We want games that are less about fun right now”

”We love the theme, but with a different game”

”We believe the iPhone will be largely unsupported”

”Can Joe be a monkey? We like Monkeys”

”We want games that are less about fun right now” = Activision?

Dwarf's take:

”Collecting giant coins feels unrealistic to me” = Sega

”I can see this working as a Facebook app” = Facebook

”We believe the iPhone will be largely unsupported” = Apple (or Microsoft, these are both hilarious suggestions)

I highly doubt they're direct or real quotes. They're super real.

Nice patch!

Joe Danger – The People’s Patch

Posted by Sean Murray // Managing Director, Hello Games

When my three friends and I first got together as Hello Games and started work on Joe Danger, we could only dream of the success it’s already achieved.

More important than any of that is the amazingly supportive response we’ve had from the PlayStation community. That’s why, for the last couple of months, we’ve been trying to cater to as many requests from the community as we can. Lots of people asked for a trial, so we put a huge one together with hours of gameplay, for those people who still can’t decide if Joe Danger is awesome or not. As of Tuesday, it’s now available worldwide.

Yesterday we also released something we call the “People’s Patchâ€. It answers pretty much every piece of feedback we’ve had from the community. It’s something for fans to get really excited about, and if you haven’t played the game before, you’re in for a treat. It’s totally free, and all you have to do is boot Joe Danger up to get all this new cool stuff.

For instance, now you can save, playback and upload your greatest stunt spectaculars to YouTube. After all, what’s the point of being the world’s greatest stuntman if you can’t show your friends?

Here’s something else we’re really excited about – we’re going to be showcasing the very best user created levels at joe-danger.com. Go there now to find out more and enter our level building competition.

Also, there is a totally new, free level made by Hello Games available for download right now.

Here’s some of the key new features:

•Level sharing and more Levels

•Replays and YouTube support

•Custom soundtracks

•More multiplayer levels

•New level editing props

•Costumes

•Downloadable tours

•Hidden stuff!

•Lots more

Hello Games wants to genuinely thank the community again for their amazing support. We really hope you enjoy the new features or just take the time to try out the trial! Go and spread the word :)

Sign in to follow this