NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
lostmario

de Blob 2

NP256_deBlobUnderground.jpg

The game will have new moves and enemies and new 2D platforming segments, also will allow 2-player support.

Blue Tongue will once again handle development on the Wii version, while Australian studio Halfbrick works on the DS debut. de Blob: The Underground is currently slated to launch in Spring 2011.

Source: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=80165

Woot! :yay:

I see they added pink. 2-Player co-op sounds good, too. Also, I wonder what changes in gameplay we'll see in 2D levels.

And what is this about a DS version? Is there any info on this?

Yay! 2 Australian studios! There is still hope for Australian development!

*Dances in circles with killer_kirby*

BLAAHB!

I still want that as a text message tone.

Anyway looking forward to it, particularly if its two player. Hopefully they'll implement a 'rest point' kind of thing. While I enjoyed the levels being so big I'd like to just mess around every once in a while.

BLAAHB!

I still want that as a text message tone.

Anyway looking forward to it, particularly if its two player. Hopefully they'll implement a 'rest point' kind of thing. While I enjoyed the levels being so big I'd like to just mess around every once in a while.

Oh yeah, we need that. Especially considering I don't usually have the tv in my house free for that long.

So, ......you're saying, ......I should buy the first?

Shame on you for not owning it already! =P

It's on the list, it's on the list!

Just like 50 other games:laughing:

The first one is a great game, and definitely recommended.

I don't know if Underground will turn out better or not, but buy the first one if you find it. I got mine at 20€ on Gamestop (who doesn't usually make bargains like that), so it shouldn't be too hard getting a good price.

And I join the parade: YES! YOU! SHOULD! :p

Can't recommend it enough, so I'm thrilled about numero dos.

Fook. Yeah, bitch... buy buy buy.

Then I'll say don't buy it. It is awfully boring and the stages are far too big when you have to colour everythin. The idea is good, though.

(Bought it for less than £5 a while ago so I don't feel upset about losing my money.)

Then I'll say don't buy it. It is awfully boring and the stages are far too big when you have to colour everythin. The idea is good, though.

(Bought it for less than £5 a while ago so I don't feel upset about losing my money.)

You don't have to colour everything though. Unless you're a completionist like myself, you're not going to spend the hour or so in the level hunting down all the items and colouring absolutely everything. You can see the criteria you need to meet to complete the stage and move on and can be done in 15 minutes or less. But that's the joy of de Blob: you go in looking for a quick mess around only to find you've been bouncing around the same level for over an hour and your only half way through.

I personally don't agree that it was boring as there's always plenty to do and while the variety for the activities wasn't great, it was still fun to do them over in a new area. But yeh, in some respect the levels were too big and as Ashley and other have said, some checkpoints throughout to save at and come back to later would have been nice.

I personally don't agree that it was boring as there's always plenty to do and while the variety for the activities wasn't great, it was still fun to do them over in a new area.

That's what I meant with boring - I didn't find it fun to do the same thing over and over again. Often it was way too easy and the only reason for failure was that you sometimes accidentally hit a colour-thing so your colours got messed up.

Loads of new details on the game:

- four-player co-op mode

- tons of pop culture references

- Blog has a robot sidekick named Pinky

- the game kicks off in Prisma City, where the townspeople seem quite upset

- Comrade Black has formed a religious cult named The Blank

- Comrade Black is convincing the townsfolk to give up their colorI

- 12 levels

- level 4 takes place right after The Blanks have rigged an election, and Blob is trying to find the real candidates and stop the inauguration of Comrade Black

- paint everything you touch

- paint to earn points

- use points to open up new levels

- missions play directly into the story

- some walls are marked with signs from The Blanks, and if you touch them you lose your color

- paint choices and color schemes still impact music

- Melbourne funk band The Bamboos are doing the soundtrack for the sequel as well

- control scheme overhauled

- jump with the A button

- combat is tougher

- new Inky with a spike gun

- defeat with a charge attack

- lock on with Z and press B (

- jump on Blanks to take them out

- use paintbots as weapons by targeting with them and shooting

- boss battles

- new power-ups

- shield (a single-use pick-up); a graviton ball of energy to suck enemies into; a regeneration power-up; and a supercharge power-up.

- landmark challenges such as transforming one of Comrade Black's stronghold

- head inside this landmark to go into 2d perspective

- 100-plus underground levels

- paint these underground sections, but the bigger focus is on combat

- lots of secret environments

- secrets indicated by broken walls and shady-looking Blanks

- "transform all" point is now the save point

- ice station, a bio-dome, and a beverage factory

- blob can learn how to crawl on walls and ceilings

- humor with references to George Orwell, National Lampoon, and China’s take on political freedom

- opt in and out with a two-to-four-player split-screen mode

- take control of Pinky to help Blob in combat

- Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 versions of the game will be the same

- DS version slightly tweaked to expand on Pinky's background

Whether they all apply to the Wii version (such as the four player co-op) who knows. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Gamespot also have a developer interview which shows quite a bit of in game footage: http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/action/deblobtheunderground/news.html?sid=6265035&mode=previews

Does look and sound great. Very excited for this one.

It looks and sounds good.

I just hope there's still some waggle. Transforming landmarks in the first game was fun.

He did say there is still some waggle so I'm guessing that'll be it.

Although I still don't see the problem with flick to jump...

He did say there is still some waggle so I'm guessing that'll be it.

I sure hope there'll be segments like that. It sounded like landmarks were now 2D levels.

Although I still don't see the problem with flick to jump...

Sometimes, I thought it was slightly unresponsive, though I'm guessing people just like traditional interface for their platformers.

That said, I still loved killing a bunch of bad guys by swinging the remote like a drum stick or a maracca :grin:

Maybe they'll leave an option for flick-jump?

Brand new preview: http://www.n-europe.com/news.php?nid=14556

(it was actually on Gamespot the other day and I noticed it just before going to bed. When I went to report it in the morning it had vanished but is back again now).

Some interesting stuff in there including confirmation of a 3DS version.

Things have been quiet on the de Blob 2 front, good to know they are beavering away at it behind the scenes. I didn't dislike the flicking to jump- obviously that was just me. ::shrug:

It was me too.

And the recent GameSpot video interview with someone from Blue Tongue. "We may leave the flick to jump in but we feel you'll get a better experience if you don't use it"...a better experience by removing something? Really?

Sign in to follow this