NEurope
Daft

Killzone 3

My Move recommendations:

When calibrating the motion controller from Killzone 3's option menu, point at the camera and press the Move button when it tells you to but do not keep your arm outstretched when it asks you to pull the trigger whilst aiming at the corner icons. Place your hands in your lap instead, making sure aiming will be a comfortable experience for longer than 10 minutes.

Settings will vary per person. I play with all lock assists off and my current settings are: a horizontal deadzone of 0, a vertical deadzone of 30, a sensitivity of 40 and a turning speed of 100. These might not suit you at all, just tweak things until aiming and turning feels good.

Get used to flicking the Move with a snap of the wrist to turn sharply. As you control the cursor somewhat independently of the camera you don't really want to be making gradual pans.

To get away from motion controls for a moment, the storytelling in this game is impressively bad. Poor characters, rubbish dialogue, clumsy editing... bafflingly inept given the money that's clearly been sunk into it. Luckily shooting things is fun and the levels themselves have a great atmosphere.

Urgh. Wanted to pick this up but for £40 I'm feeling like I could find it cheaper. Will try online. Any suggestions?

Seems apt:

Want-a-cookie-MOVE-YOUR-CHINS.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=cookie-monster-meme

Urgh. Wanted to pick this up but for £40 I'm feeling like I could find it cheaper. Will try online. Any suggestions?

Seems apt:

Want-a-cookie-MOVE-YOUR-CHINS.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=cookie-monster-meme

Yeah I'm the same...still can't believe its over £40 in Asda.

Picked this up at Tesco today, they still had the 20% VAT off and i got a further 10% staff discount, so it didn't hurt as much.

I have to say... i feel kinda let down. Just can't get into the swing of MP at all, the controls don't seem as smooth as they'd looked, and spotting enemies is quite difficult.

Maybe i'm just out of practice with this kind of shooter, i've been beasting on Black Ops since it's release which seems totally different to how Killzone plays.

Should i just plod along? Does it get better?

Get your eyes checked first of all, and then try and play it in a way that doesn't resemble CoD. Camping doesn't apply to KZ, and most of the time neither does using the iron sights.

Pick the M82 and the magnum and use hipfire. The rest will follow.

Get your eyes checked first of all, and then try and play it in a way that doesn't resemble CoD. Camping doesn't apply to KZ, and most of the time neither does using the iron sights.

So you've bought the game then?

Nah, but that much I know will hold true.

I'm going to pass on this and wait til summer for my shooter fix, and you can take a guess at what that'll be. I'm not keeping an eye on the dates of general awesome releases so hopefully there's a few surprises in store. 2011 is gonna produce some good thangs.

This is the funny thing, i've seen more camping on Killzone 3 in the 4hours i've owned the game compared to the 5 Prestiges i've been through on Black Ops.

Not using the iron sights and spraying and praying isn't my kinda thing. For MP tactical games it's pretty awful.

I camp like fuck on Killzone 3, it's practically a requirement with the cloaking Sniper class.

Not using the iron sights and spraying and praying isn't my kinda thing. For MP tactical games it's pretty awful.

You've misinterpreted what dwarf was saying. It's not that you should take the spray and pray route but firing from the hip in Killzone is often advantageous over sighting in, unlike in CoD where you pretty much always want to be aiming down the irons.

As a general rule I'd say you only really want to use sights at long range, feathering the trigger whilst firing from the hip at anything below that.

Servers down 4pm to roughly 6pm today.

Yeah for many guns hip fire is the way to go. Aim for chest and head if possible. Heads are one hit kills.

I realised that at launch lag was throwing me off but bullet damage is exactly like KZ2. The lag makes you waste bullets.

Edited by Choze

This is the funny thing, i've seen more camping on Killzone 3 in the 4hours i've owned the game compared to the 5 Prestiges i've been through on Black Ops.

I camp like fuck on Killzone 3, it's practically a requirement with the cloaking Sniper class.

There's no benefit to camping in KZ, you might lock down a corridor for a minute or so but if you're playing the game how it's meant to be played i.e. in Warzone, you're wasting your time with sitting in one area. Plus if you do get camped it's surprisingly easy to find an alternative route and get revenge anyhow.

And if you camp in Guerilla Warfare... you simply won't win against a good player who tracks almost the entire map.

Camping may be a requirement for the scout class when you use the bolt action sniper but outside of that you can do something constructive with it if you're using the Helghast assault rifle. Besides, there's no practical use in being a scout, tactician (and maybe the odd engineer) is the way to tear up.

And Choze... how do you maintain such low standards? Wasting bullets because of lag?

There were definitely changes to health/bullet damage in the beta.

C4 the place up, cloak, bolt action rifle, take someones head off, move to new location. Rinse and repeat.

30 Kills and 3 Deaths in my last match.

90% of the maps are perfect for this technique, it's become my staple.

And Choze... how do you maintain such low standards? Wasting bullets because of lag?

There were definitely changes to health/bullet damage in the beta.

I am not as good as I used to be anyway :p

Servers back up now.

C4 the place up, cloak, bolt action rifle, take someones head off, move to new location. Rinse and repeat.

I got 70 kills 20 deaths as Tactician. I was at the objectives every single time and capturing the spawn points.

That tactic's good but it's much easier with the tactician. The spot and mark lets you pick out people that aren't coming close to your hideout, so you can pop out for a stint and pick a few people off before returning.

You must've been playing some pretty shocking players to do that well with the sniper.

So guys my copy is on the way. I struggled with killzone 2 at times. I did get alright at it in stops and starts but never consistently good. What character class should I go with? I was thinking medic? Seem as even if I die lots and don't get many kills, can still get xp through healing? Any advice on best starter class and wot to do as I upgrade will be much appreciated to make the experience as much fun as it can be!

So guys my copy is on the way. I struggled with killzone 2 at times. I did get alright at it in stops and starts but never consistently good. What character class should I go with? I was thinking medic? Seem as even if I die lots and don't get many kills, can still get xp through healing? Any advice on best starter class and wot to do as I upgrade will be much appreciated to make the experience as much fun as it can be!

You can go with any class now. You have to unlock weapons and abilities. So it depends on how you play. Medics and Engineers have afew extra means of getting xp besides killing. Someone like the Infiltrator can arm explosives faster(only 50%) which has won me afew matches with 1 second left...

You do not get xp through healing but reviving. Having said the GG are saying they are looking into Medics for tweaks. Something like a healing indicator was mentioned on killzone.com.

That tactic's good but it's much easier with the tactician. The spot and mark lets you pick out people that aren't coming close to your hideout, so you can pop out for a stint and pick a few people off before returning.

You must've been playing some pretty shocking players to do that well with the sniper.

Spot and mark is more nerfed in final game. Not as useful right now. Certainly not like the last beta. Handy still.

At any rate it's better than a bloody radar jammer, those things are counter productive if anything.

You can go with any class now. You have to unlock weapons and abilities. So it depends on how you play. Medics and Engineers have afew extra means of getting xp besides killing. Someone like the Infiltrator can arm explosives faster(only 50%) which has won me afew matches with 1 second left...

You do not get xp through healing but reviving. Having said the GG are saying they are looking into Medics for tweaks. Something like a healing indicator was mentioned on killzone.com.

Spot and mark is more nerfed in final game. Not as useful right now. Certainly not like the last beta. Handy still.

Hmmm ok cheers for the advice, my play style is to try and take people out from mid range so I'm not gonna snipe, but up close I always find my reflexs aren't quick enough and someone normally hotshots me with a shotgun. Think I played engineer in KZ2 as it gave me more of chance because found people would try take up turrets before me meaning could get kills that way so build turrets around the map and dart between them getting kills?

I think you have more fun playing with Tactician as you can turn the tide often. I noticed afew Marksman who do nothing but camp in a quiet bit of the map. Tried doing that but its so boring.

Its very satisfying getting close wins. Had a few close shaves yesterday. Did an assassination right at the last moment. A team mate threw a grenade killing 4 defenders. I went in for the execution right as the red bar filled up! The next round we manages to plant charges right at 1 second again lol. Just about pulled it off. :grin:

Hoping they hurry with the patch so we get some custom options. I can understand people's annoyance at ditching the server browser type system.

Edited by Choze

Hope they improve map rotation as well, after some games it doesn't even give the option to vote for a different map and just starts the same one again.

Ive played the salamun market map 2 many times already!! I want to play the new ones!!!! Ive got the map preference set to any, i don't expect the same map to load every time!