NEurope
Dante

LittleBigPlanet 2

Forgive me... but what does that have to do with reduced special content for the uk? Or were you just on about the release date?

I was talking about us getting the game last.

OhmyGOD IF this arrives in the delivery tomorrow (I work at game btw) I'm totally picking this up early.

Oh my mum calls sack boy 'rag man' and its hillarious :') cause she isnt messing around when she says it.

This is a strange one, I keep forgetting it's coming out. Luckily ShopTo reminded me by shipping the game.

I'm hoping to really knuckle down and create something worth playing this time around. I've a concept, something of a story to run through it and a general idea of the mechanics I want, but actually creating a final product is going to take a lot of time and experimentation. I'm also terrible at finishing such things because I get so caught up in the minutia and perfecting things people won't notice.

One thing I want to try and do is nail down what's fun to do in the game. That might sound silly but I find there's a lot of novelty levels that are cool from a "Hey, look what you did!" perspective but they aren't particularly fun to interact with. For instance the grappling hook is fairly easy to make enjoyable to use but precise platforming isn't the game's forte.

I'd be interested in hearing what other people consider to be the most satisfying interactions in the game.

I havent got it yet but I will be. Goafer brought round his copy yesterday and we tried some of the created levels which were pretty awesome.

Just seems weird nobody on here is talking about - are all the PS3 owners leaving these forums or what?

dawson-crying.jpg

I plan on getting it.... but not yet, have no fundage at the moment!

Same here! I've not got Mass Effect 2 yet and want that more than this. I was thinking on my walk home from work I'm likely going to wait till LBP2 goes platinum

Myeah. I don't like the idea of it.

Like....its so open, but then its so restrictive as well. Like. Hmm. I dunno. Just. Yeah. It takes so long to do good stuff.

Myeah.

Like. Hmm. I dunno. Just. Yeah.

I concur with this. It's just like nyah, uhm like okay but, y'know, wut is it? Oh right it's betta cause that thing, oh right maybe, ah sort of, hmmm, mmmmsch.

The original was ace but the physics were 'urgh'. This seems like more of the same and could have been DLC perhaps.

I'm LBP'd out from the first game. When it drops I may get it. Saying that, still not bought Mod Nation Racers neither.

I bought it on release day. It's awesome, but only played it a few times. With Mass Effect 2 rocking my PS3 now and Dead Space 2 on its way, I'm not sure when I'll find the time to play it.

I'm in the same situation as the headgear above.

I know it's a game I'll keep and the user created content on offer will only get better with time, so I suppose I'm in no rush to get to it.

Edit: For the sake of adding something a bit more substantial to the discussion — and showing how the new tools really do make it a worthy sequel — check out Blast Radius, a very accomplished Stardust HD clone that blows anything made in LBP1 out of the water:

Edited by Aimless

I concur with this. It's just like nyah, uhm like okay but, y'know, wut is it? Oh right it's betta cause that thing, oh right maybe, ah sort of, hmmm, mmmmsch.

Exactly. This is exactly it.

Its literally just like "Nyaaahhh, thats incredibly impressive that someone has made that, but it was maybe fun for a few minutes and thats cool, but myyeeehh I want to do this...but mynfhaggg other games are good too, and they are better due to more focus"

I'm saying that its not exactly an awesome game its more awe inspiring and "Wow I can't believe someone did this" as opposed to "Wow this game someone made is incredible" kind of thing.

That doesn't blow anything LBP made out of the water, in fact it looks damned dull to play.

The concept of LBP is enjoyable. But as Rez said, you're more playing in appreciation/ intrigue than because it's fun. The levels still lack enjoyment and replayability because the mechanics in these user levels always end up a bit half-baked, due to the fact that it's a bit awkward making all of this stuff, because the tools aren't designed for it all. Even basic things like menus take an age to create, and on the whole they won't function that well.

I'm just saying that it's unlikely you'll play a minigame on this and think 'damn that was quality enterainment, I'll have to better my score on it/spend time with it.' This is why you buy PSN/full retails because they deliver a solid experience that was designed with an objective. There's reasons why top developers 1) get paid fairly well for their creativity and 2) consist of more than one person.

It doesn't prevent impressive works of art, but because it's a popularised format, and because the best levels must've taken forever to make (and still only hold your interest for a minute), it's a bit 'nyah'.

I may end up picking this up, but it's for different reasons. Cosmetic wow-factor being a biggy.

Edited by dwarf

To be clear, you're commenting on the feel and enjoyment of something you haven't played, yes?

As someone who has played it, I can tell you that a) it wouldn't have been possible to make in LBP1, and b) it stacks up pretty well against dedicated twin-stick shooters, controlling a lot better than the recently released MicroBot, for instance. Is it as full featured as Stardust HD? No, but then as the cost of entry was £0 I think I'll let that slide.

It's a bit like playing flash games on the internet. Not as fully featured as the console counterparts, but it's free and really fun. I also really enjoy making the levels, trying to get everything to work just right. I would sometimes spend a while on a piece of paper thinking of the next bits of my level and how I could implement it using the whole switch methods of LBP. But now the switches are much easier to use. It's time consuming, but it isn't difficult to make a level if you have a bit of creativity and know-how.

To be clear, you're commenting on the feel and enjoyment of something you haven't played, yes?

As someone who has played it, I can tell you that a) it wouldn't have been possible to make in LBP1, and b) it stacks up pretty well against dedicated twin-stick shooters, controlling a lot better than the recently released MicroBot, for instance. Is it as full featured as Stardust HD? No, but then as the cost of entry was £0 I think I'll let that slide.

No but you can tell a fair amount from that video. Of course that couldn't have been made in LBP, but it doesn't show as much skill or endeavour as some of the best community content from the original.

Saying it's better than some twin stick shooters is missing the point, I'm not sure why you'd waste time on poorer efforts, unless it was a quick and easy flash game, which this isn't. Plus, you are paying full price for this as a videogame, and you'd have to say 30 pounds of that is weighted to intrigue towards the 'share' part of the mantra.

If everyone took that attitude gaming would be exceptionally mundane. Often the most innovative, creative ideas are buried in something half-baked or otherwise flawed. Even bad decisions have value: they can help you see the right ones.

Strive for perfection, sure, but limiting yourself to it is... well, limiting yourself. Nothing to champion, no features to laud, just troth-to-mouth consumption at its most boring.

In other words I'll continue to play people's creations in LBP because they're interesting, because they can stir creative juices and get people asking, "Wouldn't it be cool if..." Because they're fascinating. Because they're fun. Because they aren't perfect, but if they did this they might be one step closer.

Give and take, not just the latter.

Now I have a reason to play this game

Edited by Ash