N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Zechs Merquise

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm loving this as much as I loved Goldeneye and Perfect Dark on the N64. The Team Tactical matches are awesome, especially when we all have the headset to work together even more efficiently!

This is easily the best FPS on the Wii. As good as some others are they just don't compare to this!

NEW UPDATE ALMOST HERE:

From Josh Olin on the Official COD forums:

01/18/11: Reminder, our latest patch for the Wii has been submitted to Nintendo for approval and includes fixes for the items mentioned as "IN PROGRESS" below. Once the patch is approved, it will go LIVE. Please see this thread for updates.

Things in this update:

• Explosives are not visible through walls when using Hacker perk.

• Ninja perk is ineffective at times.

• Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users - increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds

on concrete material types.

• Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will be ensured one-shot kill headshots.

• Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning

protection on top of previous updates.

• Previous Map Spamming – players are currently able to vote for the previously played map an unlimited number of times

• Incorrect Prestige Emblems appearing at certain levels

• Sending out text messages to massive groups can cause the game to freeze

• Demolition – getting a loss registered despite earning a win

• Some players experiencing crashes when viewing leaderboards with a high number of Allies

• Stuck in spawn spot in Cracked

• Voice Chat breaks up at times

• More reported cases of "unbound" controls

• Second Chance "invincible glitch"

• Several fixes that should improve performance/lag for host and client

• Shorter spawn-in (black screen) times in MP matches

• Zombie Legs - create-a-crawler

Can you play combat training co-op on one wii console?

No you can't, you can play it co-op online though.

• 2 weeks later...

Will DLC be coming to the Wii?

From Activision's Earning Report:

On February 1, 2011, Activision Publishing released Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike, the first add-on pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops, on Xbox LIVE®. The map pack set new Xbox LIVE records with more than 1.4 million downloads in the first 24 hours, an increase of more than 25% over last year’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package.(7) The map pack also will be available on the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system on March 3, 2011 and on the PC later in the quarter.

Now, what has been said above doesn't look promising, however the manual clearly states that there will be DLC which will require the use of an SD card and will be priced using Wii points:

“Expand your experience with downloadable content from the Call Of Duty Store. All downloaded content includes new features and maps found in Call Of Duty: Black Ops.

**Additional fees may be required for Add-on Content. This game allows you to connect to the internet and download add-on content (such as data or services) for Wii Points. Please keep the following in mind when downloading licences for add-on content…†etc. etc.

This can all be found on page 7 of your manual.

Soooo, the manual says we're getting DLC, yet First Strike has not been confirmed for Wii and isn't mentioned in Activision's Earning's Report. However, just because First Strike isn't confirmed for Wii doesn't mean the Wii isn't getting DLC, it just means we possibly won't get First Strike.

There have been persistant rumours that we will be getting ports of the original WAW maps instead, which of course would already be optimised for the Wii and cost virtually nothing to release hence there wouldn't be the costs of porting the new maps.

Am I correct in thinking that only 10 members of this forum have this game?

Kav82

Zechs

Welshgamer

Ben

Lostmario

Mokong

Ville N

Overman

sjwbond

Pete95

That's a bit pants for what is quite easily the Wii's best FPS! I was really hoping we'd get a decent clan-base representing the site online... poop!

I have it too. Except I only play on weekends, since my Wii's in the living room. And I mostly play it on 360, as I'm a ground war fan (9v9). If you catch randomly during the week it's one of my brothers.

But yeah, Wii version > PS3/360 as far as gameplay's concerned.

I have it too. Except I only play on weekends, since my Wii's in the living room. And I mostly play it on 360, as I'm a ground war fan (9v9). If you catch randomly during the week it's one of my brothers.

Get your Ally Code on the Online Meet Up Thread! I'm pretty sure you'd love gaming with us lot, we have right laughs online... as well as competitive play of course!

My Ally Code is in my sig below!

Further to my last post on DLC for the Wii version here are some screens from the Wii:

FivePreview.jpg

NachtPreview.jpg

AsylumPreview.jpg

DeadOpsPreview.jpg

These were found in the Zombies mode for the Wii version after the patch on 25/01/11, the person who found them writes:

Anyways, to those of you wondering how i know this, in MEM2 you can actually find a list saying dlc1=Five,dlc2= so on, so forth, and I took a look at some pictures i could find in the 1/25/11 update and saw 'preview_zombies_pentagon'.

Then i had to find a way to actually load these images by name, which led to the creation of my Lobby Background Mod, which lets me load any picture in the game by name, to the background. So i loaded the DLC previews on the update... anndddd...

but he goes on to say...

Now this doesn't 100% ensure that we are getting these, but hell, why would the developers add the 'change map' option to zombies, along with adding these pictures in the update?

So, as you can see it looks like Treyarch are gearing up to give us DLC but so far the images are from WAW levels not from the new map pack!

Join us, you'd be more than welcome!

I will definitely be getting this game soon. Need a little calm in my life for a day or two after pure insanity for months on end. But I'm well up for this now I reckon! Cheapest place I can find is £25!

When you get it you'll want to get the headset too... it's definitely worth having!

How much d'ya reckon this Headset'll cost in around, say, 30 to 60 days?

It will most likely be exactly the same price it is now! If there is to be a price drop on this peripheral it will most likely come significantly after the release of The Conduit 2, which has been pushed back due to issues with the balance in its multiplayer modes.

• 2 weeks later...

Destructoid review is finally up! They give it 8/10

A great quote from the review:

"Another advantage to the Wii version is that so far, I've run into no problems getting online, and have experienced no lag, even with a wireless connection. Maybe this is because there are fewer people playing the Wii version, but compared the the 360 version of the game, Black Ops on the Wii has been noticeably better."

http://www.destructoid.com/review-call-of-duty-black-ops-wii--188051.phtml

Massive new update for the Wii version of Black Ops!

This is from their own forums,

03/02/11: We are aware that some players are experiencing lag issues when hosting and this is something we will continue to look at. We have also heard reports of some host freezing which we are also continuing to look at. Neither of these issues are addressed in the update we are currently awaiting approval on.

Many people are also asking about DLC on the Wii. There is still no information on any potential DLC for the Wii, but we will be sure to update this space once there is. Thank you for your patience.

IN PROGRESS: These fixes have been submitted to Nintendo for approval.

• Fixed issue where players were taking damage from falls with Light Weight Pro equipped

• Fixed an issue where leader board would go into hang state if the user has 50+ allies

• Enemy turrets now glow when the hacker pro perk is equipped

• Team mates who are in your party will show up as blue on your mini map

• Improvements made in the matchmaking service

• Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.

• Flak Jacket Pro will now protect against napalm strikes

• Contracts will now reset when a player prestiges

• Melee attack radius has been optimized

• Spawn points have been adjusted in Havana – this should prevent the spawn killing in the Demolition game type

• Player can no longer load the thunder gun manually – Matches PS360 functionality

• Zombies Melee damage has been adjusted to match PS360 behavior

• Fixed issue where the player can complete "The Shortcut" challenge by climbing down a tall ladder

• Improved Zombie pathing. Zombies should no longer switch directions randomly, teleport through floors, walls, etc.

• Fix for the 3 weapon exploit when using the last grenade

• Incorporated AK-74u weapon balancing from PS360

• Implemented a way to create a new private party while in a public lobby for when the lobby leader has disbanded the private party.

• Fix to prevent a player from re-rolling the SAM or Sentry drops

• Resolved issues where the player could leave the following maps: Havana, Summit, Hanoi

• Second Chance – players that put an enemy into Second Chance are now credited for a full kill once that enemy dies. If another player kills the enemy while the enemy is in Second Chance, they will get assist credit.

Sadly no news on DLC :(

But they haven't said no to it, so I've still got my fingers crossed. No doubt the most important fix to this is the second chance rules, no more kill stealing!

Second Chance scoring to be changed... OH HELL YES! I'll no longer be "The Assistant".

It's about time we got some news relating to all this. It's unfortunate there's nothing to be said on DLC at the moment but I'm still hoping we get something.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!