N-Europe

What Would You Save in a Fire?

Guy

This thread makes me think that far too many of us are lacking in any decent form of backup solution for out present datas.

That being said, I would too grab my laptop, as the data on it is kind of like lots of little memories all in one place. I don't think some of the files(ie photos and whatnot) on here exist anywhere else! What's also good is both my external hard drives are attached right now so that kind of makes it one thing?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I'd probably grab nothing. So long as the family and pets were already out of the house, I'd take nothing. Memories are worth much more than any possessions could ever be. Sure, pictures and other things hold memories but they hold a snapshot compared to the real thing in your head. Yeh, they wouldn't be able to be replaced but their superficial in comparison to the memories.

I'd grab ReZ.

What has that got to do with escaping a burning house?

You know, I'd probably grab nothing. So long as the family and pets were already out of the house, I'd take nothing. Memories are worth much more than any possessions could ever be. Sure, pictures and other things hold memories but they hold a snapshot compared to the real thing in your head. Yeh, they wouldn't be able to be replaced but their superficial in comparison to the memories.

I want to be able to think like this, but I'm afraid I'm unable to. I'm so materialistic. :(

I think I have a lot of stuff, but it's all stuff that can be rebrought in the future. Most of my work and photos have been uploaded/saved to the internet, so I could just simply download it all again, which isn't that much of a hassle.

As long as everyone made it out, including the cat, I would be alright. At a push, if I had to grab one thing, it would probably be my guitar. And the bass, whilst I'm at it. Maybe a few of my clothes, including my trusted Animal t-shirt. And also my United t-shirt with Jim 21 on the back, which was a present from my housemates 2 years ago.

Hmm, so honestly, there's a few things. Bugger it, just put out the damned fire and save eet all.

I'd pick up my wallet seeing as it's the most pragmatically versatile item in close proximity; it encloses my ID, bank card, change, et cetera.

Can't say I've ever been particularly materialistic, or sentimental for that matter. Stuff is just that as far as I'm concerned.