NEurope
Guy

What Would You Save in a Fire?

So here's the scene...

YOUR FUCKING ROOM IS ON FUCKING FIRE.

THERE'S NO FUCKING TIME TO FUCKING WASTE.

YOU CAN ONLY GRAB ONE FUCKING THING YOU FUCKING OWN.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU FUCKING GRAB?

FUCKING FUCKING FUCK.

I have a Thomas the Tank Engine plaster of paris figurine I made and painted with my dad when I was a little kid. You know 'em - red rubber moulds that you'd pour the mixture in and would inevitably break at fragile points upon extraction the next morning after what seemed like forever in wait.

This figure is basically a chipped up chunk of white painted a dying blue with wobbly lines of red and yellow detailing in all the wrong places. The face is a blob of grey, dark black sorrowful eyes witness to every event in my room for as long as it has kept watch up on the top shelf. To look at this piece is actually quite haunting, but I'd be saving it before I attempted to grab anything else.

And as for you lot?

Man, this is hard. One thing? What if, after reading this thread, I get all paranoid and decide to go home and sellotape my most favouritest sentimental things together. Do they then count as one thing?

If you previously fashioned a Beloved Things Katamari out of fear of fire and being faced with this decision I guess it counts. If you have constructed such a beast I certainly want to see a picture of it.

I would grab my DVD shelf and take that with me. If my laptop was working, i'd probably grab that as well. Maybe some beloved childhood toys.

One thing is too few.

My pictures, there's no way I'd let them burn in a fire.

Maybe my computer, I'd miss it too much.

The more I think about it, the more likely it seems I would die in the fire.

I wouldn't have a chance, I shit you not there is quite a few canisters of lighter fluid in this room randomly spread around the room. This really is not safe.

It's highly likely going to be the laptop or the complete Angel box set, god damn this is hard..

Maybe my external hard drive.

In all reality nothing. I don't really have anything of value, either monetary or sentimental. And I probably wouldn't think, "I've got to save some possession." More likely, "I've got to save myself/other people in house."

Hard drive and if they are ever in my room...my memory cards...everything else in my room I could easily get through insurance :heh:

My DVDs and/or the anime figure I have. I'm not letting that melt/burn/however PVC figures get affected by fire.

Yeah, the figure's made out of PVC. At least that's the only thing in my bedroom made from PVC ifyouknowwhaddimean. Eh? Eh? Nudge, nudge. Say no more. Say no more. :hehe:

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU FUCKING GRAB?

Realistically, I'd grab my camera.

Jeez, that would be a tough decision. Too much valuable stuff to be fair. I would grab my back-up HDD, phone + charger and possibly a few other little things as well.

I'd throw my phone into the fire. Let insurance sort that piece of crap out.

Camera bag (with contents obviously) and car keys.

I'd also release the hound.

There's a little stack of notebooks I've kept over the years, that'd be the first thing I'd swipe. There's also a Box Of Memories somewhere but I'd probably not find it in time... and a few odd things that are 'on the way out' that wouldn't take any extra time to take -- my sanji badge, cardboard snail, buddha, hand-stone, lucky duck, grinder, and Tristam Shandy (a library book that they'd probably charge me £50 to replace...). I just timed it in my head - it would take about 7 seconds. There's a 'bag' that I can chuck thing in.

thinkity think!

My portfolio is conveniently stored directly outside my room, so that's fine. My iMac is the most valuable/useful thing other than that in my room, but I'd HATE to lose my Cd's and DVD's (Dvd's less so, they're less sentimental and more easy to obtain). Though, yeah, if they did burn up, I wouldn't be losing sleep over it.

I have a Spider-Man print signed by Scott Hana, but I have no idea how valuable that is, probably not very.

Man, this is hard.

Thats what she said.

Maybe some beloved child

Thats what she said.

god damn this is hard..

Thats what she said.

Maybe my external hard

Thats what she said.

a few other little things as well.

Thats what she said.

I'd also release the hound.

Thats what she said.

it would take about 7 seconds

Thats what she said.

This is too difficult for me to decide. I need time to think.