NEurope
Retro_Link

Time Travelers (Level 5)

first-look-time-travelers-20100415114840603-000.jpg

first-look-time-travelers-20100415114841118.jpg

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/108/1084020p1.html

First Look: Time Travelers

Level-5 shares first concept art for its mysterious new game.

US, April 15, 2010 - Here's what we know so far about Time Travelers, the newly announced game from Professor Layton developer Level-5.

1. It will have a time traveling theme.

2. It's being produced by Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino

3. It's being directed by Jiro Ishii, director of the critically acclaimed Japan-only 428 sound novel game.

4. It's being developed for a platform that "does not yet exist in this world."

5. It's being developed at Level-5's Tokyo studio.

Get nice and cozy with that piece of artwork, as it's likely the last we'll see of Time Travelers for some time. In Tweets following the game's announcement, Hino said that now that it's been announced, the game will at long last be making its true start.

This has to be a 3DS game right?!

I'm already very excited at the prospect of this!

There, I just bought it.

Games that fuck with time are very high on my list (Chrono Trigger, Day of the Tentacle)

HURRAH FOR LEVEL-5!

and yes, I do believe this'll be for the 3DS.

I love it that NINTENDO is so close with these guys, they stand for some top-notch quality of the highest order:D

cool this would make an awesome launch game for the 3ds because you KNOW this is going to be a quality game.

It's being developed for a platform that "does not yet exist in this world."

I wouldn't get your hopes up, it might be getting developed by Martians. Hence Earth dystopia artwork.

It's coming!

There, I just bought it.

Games that fuck with time are very high on my list (Chrono Trigger, Day of the Tentacle)

Duuuude. You just said Day of the Tentacle before the Zelda N64 games. Madness. Also I cannot reccomend Braid highly enough, if you haven't checked it out already. I also love time-travel games :)

Level-5 is set to share its upcoming plans at Level-5 Vision later this week. But a few bits have started to leak out of this week's Famitsu.

The big news we're hearing is that Time Travelers is now a multiplatform title. Originally announced for just 3DS, the game is due for PlayStation Vita and PSP as well.

Famitsu also has first game details. The game is set in 2031 Tokyo. It will be fully voiced. A release is planned for 2012.

Time Travelers was one of the main announcements from last year's Level-5 Vision. The game instantly received attention because of the involvement of Jiro Ishii of Chun Soft and 428 fame.

Famitsu also has an updated report on Fantasy Life. This one is still 3DS. As previously announced, Brownie Brown is developer.

andriasang

Just had a skim down GoNintendo since getting home and spotted the following stuff for Time Travelers. Something to help pique your interest for the 20 year wait, d_Pr0d!

t_15.jpgt_14.jpg

Source (full size)

- a mysterious hole called the "Lost Hole" appears in the skies above Tokyo

- this is accompanied by an explosion

- Central Tokyo is destroyed

- many are killed

- 18 years later on 04/28/2031 is where the story picks up

- Tokyo is a futuristic city, with holographic signs filling the streets, and a building called the "Space Elevator" rising from Tokyo Bay

- the building is only 2,000 meters high

- its a power source for the city

- Fushimi Hina: A rebellious announcer with a television station, her dream is to become a news caster. In the hopes of getting a scoop, she's pursuing the truth behind a terrorist known as Dokuro no Kaiji.

- Fukase Yuri: A third year high school student, Fukase is a childhood friend of Mikoto, the girl from the original Time Travelers teaser video. He's good at both sports and studies, but doesn't speak much or reveal his feelings.

- Kamiya Soma: An elite cop. His wife and child are being held hostage, and he's being forced to take part in terrorist acts.

- Shindo Kyugo: He was once said to be a genius, but now he cons people of their money saying that he's developing a time machine.

- Ressentiment: A real life hero who does his patrol work while cosplaying. His true identity is a 30 year old who has yet to grow up. He's been jobless since dropping out of college, survives on an allowance sent to him by his father, and was recently dumped by his girlfriend of five years.

- Hina Fushimi is dissatisfied with her job as a variety show regular

- Hina tracks down the Mysterious Skull who is said to be a terrorist

Have to say I was more interested before that trailer.

I didn't really like the look of the latest version a great deal... it's not really how I'd imagined it going off the initial trailer and images.

Also the graphics don't seem as good in the new trailer, if you compare the footage of the tower in both.

Have to say I was more interested before that trailer.

I didn't really like the look of the latest version a great deal... it's not really how I'd imagined it going off the initial trailer and images.

Also the graphics don't seem as good in the new trailer, if you compare the footage of the tower in both.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was PSVita gameplay. As for the graphics since when do graphics alone sell a game? I do think more footage is needed and a more specific description of the game. Is it a puzzle game or RPG or puzzle game with RPG elements? Still so much we don't know.

Graphics alone don't sell a game, but I certainly dont want to see them getting worse as the game progresses!

The previous trailers that only displayed the 3DS logo at the end, looked better than this latest trailer... and seeing as the Vita is more powerful, that doesn't really make any sense.

But still, I'll also wait to see English language version of the game before deciding, because I just can't stand shrill Japanese trailers.

Good thing I searched for this thread.

Anyway The website is here.

- in the year 2031, mankind has created a 2000 meter "Space Elevator" in Tokyo Bay

- Eighteen years prior, a great disaster known as "Lost Hole" caused destruction to the city

- Tokyo is now developing into an even larger, more modern city

- game starts with announcer Hina Fushimi conducting an interview with once great scientist Kyugo Shindo

- the research facility the two are in suffers a sudden explosion

- further explosions could lead to a 50 kilometer blast zone

- Mikoto: A high school girl who appears before each of the five main characters. Mikoto appears slightly different to each character

- Hina Fushimi: An idol female announcer who's out for the scoop on the mysterious terrorist known as Dokuro the Beast

- Yuri Fukase: A top student who has a major secret a past incident

- Soma Kamiya: A top detective with the police. His wife and children are taken hostage, and he's ordered to perform a terrorist act.

- Kyugo Shindo: A once great physicist who defrauded people of investment money claiming that he was making a time machine

- Ressentiment: A thirty-year-old's father stopped giving him his allowance, and his girlfriend of five years broke up with him. He refers to himself as a hero.

- features a Quick Time Event system.

some artwork.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I really want to see this game come to the west.

Edited by -Dem0-

(Not a new picture)

timetravellers3ds3.jpg

"Time Travelers was the big winner in this week's Famitsu review scores. The multiplatform adventure game from Level-5 and former Chunsoft great Jiro Ishii scored 9, 9, 9 and 9 on both PlayStation Vita and 3DS. (A PSP version is due one one week later.)"

...I should start studying Japanese.

Edited by -Dem0-

Very interesting..!

I love a good time-twisting adventure! :D

Somebody say Day of the Tentacle...?! Aah YEAH!

Very interesting..!

I love a good time-twisting adventure! :D

Somebody say Day of the Tentacle...?! Aah YEAH!

Fuck Yeah!!

The Day of the Tentacle, one of the games that defined my childhood and helped me to learn English.

Edited by Fused King