NEurope
Shorty

Gears of War 3

I'm all for playing sessions with the community. Anyone fancy a session tonight, i'll be on from around 9pm.

New achievements revealed.

Offering five new maps, character skins and weapon skins, the next batch of Gears of War 3 DLC entitled 'Fenix Rising' also adds seven new achievements to earn, which Epic Games has posted today on its community site. As usual, the new cheevos include completing waves of Horde or Beast, as well as winning Versus matches as certain characters.

There's seven new achievements worth 250 Gamescore. Here they are:

Now They Begin to Understand – Complete 12 waves of Beast on all Fenix Rising Maps. (20G)

Defending the Past – Complete all 50 waves of Horde on any of the Fenix Rising Maps. (25G)

Come to Poppa – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Recruit Claytons (any mode). (15G)

Locust, Forever – Win a Versus multiplayer match as a team of five Savage Marauders (any mode). (15G)

Time to Re-up – Achieve level 100 and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50G)

Again! – Achieve level 100 a second time and choose to re-up for another tour of duty. (50G)

I’ve Done it All! – Earn at least one of each of the original 132 combat ribbons. (75G)

For the full skinny on Gears of War 3's Fenix Rising DLC Map Pack click here. It'll be coming to the Xbox Live Marketplace on January 17th for 800 Microsoft Points, or it'll be free for Season Pass holders. Booyah!

yeah re`; turnout here, I think it was Dark Souls that got its hooks on me, then I never really went back. I'm behind on DLC too but the mp is sick on this so might well come back if there's a move to get a game on.

Anyone up for a sesh tonight then?

I would have been... if I wasn't working till midnight. :/

Downloading Fenix Rising now.

Anyone fancy a bash getting some of the achievements?

Anyone fancy a bash getting some of the achievements?

Me and my mate did the Horde achievment last night. We decided to do it on Escalation seeing as the map is small and you can set up camp in at the top of the stairs. Only took a couple of hours with 2 of us.

At half 10 tonight ( at work til 10 ) we will be tackling the DLC Beast mode achievements.

Me and my mate did the Horde achievment last night. We decided to do it on Escalation seeing as the map is small and you can set up camp in at the top of the stairs. Only took a couple of hours with 2 of us.

At half 10 tonight ( at work til 10 ) we will be tackling the DLC Beast mode achievements.

I'll try and get on to help, but am at my friend's tonight, so don't know what time I'll be back

I'll try and get on to help, but am at my friend's tonight, so don't know what time I'll be back

It was fine, we blitzed them anyway. I thought Escalation would have been the easiest map but it turned out to be the most troublesome. Once we both got Beserkers though it was game over.

This weekend it's double XP. Time to get to level 100....again. :D

Part of me really wants to get back into this.... but I dont think it's going to happen till I am done with Skyrim :hmm:

By the time that comes around looks like I will have a far amount of dlc to play through at least!

I thought the whole multiplayer was on dedicated servers, unless i'm mistaken

I thought the whole multiplayer was on dedicated servers, unless i'm mistaken

Only ranked matches are on dedicated servers.

Only ranked matches are on dedicated servers.

I stand corrected, but the multiplayer as a whole is a lot more reliable than GoW2 ever was, i'm getting less disconnections than before as well.

Last match i had, i was only kicked out because i "stole" that gunnary armour thingy (forget the name). They hogged it all match, so first opportunity i had i "acquired" it

Ah OK, when I choose to play a ranked match it tells me 'myself or another party member does not have the required maps' I'm the only one in my party so I presume it's me, I downloaded the free booster map pack, but do i need to pay for more map packs to be able to play ranked matches on dedicated servers?

Ah OK, when I choose to play a ranked match it tells me 'myself or another party member does not have the required maps' I'm the only one in my party so I presume it's me, I downloaded the free booster map pack, but do i need to pay for more map packs to be able to play ranked matches on dedicated servers?

You would need to download all the maps to be able to use them, that would go for all party members and "friends" as well. It doesn't matter if the match is ranked or not, you would need the maps to be able to use/see them.

I think he's asking if the ranked matches require the DLC maps.

Oh, i don't play many ranked matches but i do have all the maps though.

I heard someone talking about the new Fenix Rising dlc and how it's connected to dedicated servers and friends having trouble if one or more of them doesn't have that pack and others do.

I don't know if there is an actual problem there, just something I overheard the other day.

Is the season pass worth getting? I've tried to work out what's free & what's discounted if you have it. From what i've seen it looks like Raam's shadow is free so far but are Fenix rising & Horde command pack free or discounted ( cheaper to buy with the pass ?? )

Won't be back till tommorrow now for any replies so not being ignorant. Any replies appreciated as i want to download some dlc.

It really depends on how much time you spend on the online portion of the game. If you play online alot then sure why not buy the maps.

Thanks HOT

I do play the online quite a bit but i was unsure what exactly it was you got for your laying out that much up front as opposed to picking up the extra DLC as i went along.

I did end up getting the season pass last night, thought wtf, i've certainly got my moneys worth in playtime from the game so far.

I'm so glad that i achieved the retail Gold-skin unlock, so awesome one could say it is bad-ass.

I never played outbreak but loved the idea and concept so defintely gonna keep an eye out on this.

New dlc inbound.

All of the new maps in the just-announced Gears of War 3 DLC ?Forces of Nature? take place during or after a natural disaster. There are three brand new maps, Cove, Aftermath and Artillery. Two old fan favorites will be making a return, Jacinto and Raven Down. Fog, snowstorms and tsunamis will make playing these maps quite an adventure.

There are also special weapons hidden in the maps during Horde and Beast mode called ?Elemental Cleavers.? The cleavers do different types of damage, like an imulsion cleaver that explodes on impact. Forces of Nature CharactersFans will also be treated to four character models and seven new weapon skins. Two of the weapon skins, which were designed based on community feedback, will need to be unlocked. There is also 250 gamerscore points added with this DLC.

We listen closely to your suggestions and feedback and we?re happy to announce that the game mode Guardian will be making a return with the ?Forces of Nature? DLC.

The Forces of Nature DLC will be 800 MS Points and Gears of War 3 Season Pass holders will get the content free when it launches on March 27.

http://epicgames.com/community/2012/02/gears-of-war-3-forces-of-nature-jacinto-flythrough/