NEurope
Dante

3DS Console Discussion

will this be streamed live? if so what time uk wise and where?

dont now but it will be when UK are in bed but I will be up

DAZ IZT SPECULASHIANZ!!!!!!!!

hitlerbasterds.jpg

My friend says otherwise.

Edited by Fused King

DAZ IZT SPECULASHIANZ!!!!!!!!

Was that supposed to be an intentionally bad version of "Das ist Spekulation"?

Don't know where they got the notion, that the 3DS will be released in Japan on November 11th or that it'll cost "around 200€" at launch (sounds rather realistic). They haven't exactly claimed that Mario Kart and Layton will be launch titles either, also their wording seems to imply it.

Overall, the article is a bit like explaining the 3DS for dummies. ;)

Edited by Burny

I know that Das and ist are das and ist so those two were intentional. I just took a German-sounding-stab at speculation. :P

I think it's probably safe to assume Japan will get it first and in November.

Very dissapointed at the rumoured Spring 2011 for Europe...but hey ho! Never understood whey Nintendo releases handhelds here like Feb/March, missing the Christmas period...but it's never stopped it's success...so...

I think it's probably safe to assume Japan will get it first and in November.

Very dissapointed at the rumoured Spring 2011 for Europe...but hey ho! Never understood whey Nintendo releases handhelds here like Feb/March, missing the Christmas period...but it's never stopped it's success...so...

just remember the psp was delayed just almost an entire year from its japanese release before it finally came over here.

Nintendo are bad but are not the worst.

Delaying it means we get a better launch line-up. If they get it out in Europe this year, I doubt there will be much choice in the games library.

Surprise In Store!

What's Nintendo have cooked up for their Comic-Con booth? They aren't telling, because they want things to be a surprise!

Thank you for your interest in what we will be offering (games and swag) at this upcoming event. While I would like to be of assistance, we don't usually announce specific details about upcoming promotional events prior to the actual opening of the booth. There are various reasons for this, including the possibility of last minute changes and wanting to "surprise" visitors to our booth.

Mina Harris

Nintendo of America Inc.

will this be streamed live? if so what time uk wise and where?

Gamers think the news will appear after 2am on Wednesday morning.

Delaying it means we get a better launch line-up. .

NIntendo systems tend to have shitty/not enough launch games, Probably best to assume this will too.

NIntendo systems tend to have shitty/not enough launch games, Probably best to assume this will too.

For some reason I am looking at 3DS as if it's the 'new' PS2, while the DS is a PS1 that had a bumpy start but then once those hits came on the system it just never stopped selling, so the 3DS I would believe will perhaps have the best line-up out of all Nintendo systems. I could be wrong, but I hope Nintendo have learnt from the mistakes they made with the Wii and 3rd parties.

But then again I could be completely wrong :heh:

I could be wrong, but I hope Nintendo have learnt from the mistakes they made with the Wii and 3rd parties.
Tbf, we said the same thing after the Gamecube!... you'd hope the message would finally get through, but this is Nintendo!

Tbf, we said the same thing after the Gamecube!... you'd hope the message would finally get through, but this is Nintendo!

Well, the Gamecube was because the games on that system outside of a Nintendo game sold like shit and all the money was where the PS2 was.

The Wii on the other hand had perhaps the best momentum ever for a released console, I think somehow Nintendo thought the 3rd parties would just flock over to the Wii, like they did the PS1 and PS2, since it was the best selling system, and in the end many games didn't go so well and a lot of companies just stuck to the 360 and PS3 instead.

But either way, as long as I see Monster Hunter 3DS, Dragon Quest and SMT on the system that's all I care for :heh:

The thing is, where their home consoles have had issues with third party titles in recent times, Nintendo's handhelds have generally managed to maintain a high level of third party titles right up until the next handheld comes along. We saw it with the GBA and we're going to see it again here with the DS as next year, there's Ghost Trick, Okamiden and De Blob: The Underground to name a few third party titles coming and they'll more than easily keep some life in the DS while the 3DS hits market.

As such, I reckon the same thing will happen with the 3DS. It'll perhaps take a year or so before the top quality third party titles come but we already know there are plenty on the way and with the hype surrounding the console worldwide, I'd wager there'll be plenty more to come as the years trot by. There's never really been an issue getting developers to make for their handhelds and I don't expect one to come about now. Even if the PSP2 has some amazing feature, I think most developers are of the mindset that Nintendo just gets the handheld market so they go with that platform.

For some reason I am looking at 3DS as if it's the 'new' PS2, while the DS is a PS1 that had a bumpy start but then once those hits came on the system it just never stopped selling, so the 3DS I would believe will perhaps have the best line-up out of all Nintendo systems. I could be wrong, but I hope Nintendo have learnt from the mistakes they made with the Wii and 3rd parties.

But then again I could be completely wrong :heh:

Let's go back in time and see a few

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_console_launch_games

SSX

Dead or Alive 2: Hardcore

Tekken Tag Tournament

Armored Core 2

Dynasty Warriors 2

Rayman Revolution

ESPN International Track & Field

ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding

Eternal Ring

Evergrace

FantaVision

Gungriffon Blaze

Kessen

Madden NFL 2001

Midnight Club: Street Racing

MotoGP

NHL 2001

Orphen: Scion of Sorcery

Q-Ball: Billiards Master

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2

Ridge Racer V

Silent Scope

Smuggler's Run

Street Fighter EX3

Summoner

Swing Away Golf

TimeSplitters

Unreal Tournament

Wild Wild Racing

X-Squad

2002 FIFA World Cup

Batman Vengeance

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury

Burnout

Cel Damage

Crazy Taxi

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2

Disney's Tarzan Freeride

Donald Duck: Quack Attack

Driven

ESPN International Winter Sports

International Superstar Soccer 2

Luigi's Mansion

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader

Super Monkey Ball

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure

Wave Race: Blue Storm

XG3: Extreme G Racing

Amped 3

Call of Duty 2

Condemned: Criminal Origins

FIFA '06: Road to FIFA World Cup

GUN

Kameo: Elements of Power

Madden NFL 06

NBA Live 06

Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Perfect Dark Zero

Peter Jackson's King Kong

Project Gotham Racing 3

Quake 4

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2006

Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Call of Duty 3

Def Jam: Icon

Enchanted Arms

Fight Night Round 3

Formula One Championship Edition

Full Auto 2: Battlelines

Genji: Days of the Blade

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Mobile Suit Gundam: Target In Sight

MotorStorm

NBA Street: Homecourt

Need For Speed Carbon

NHL 2K7

Resistance: Fall of Man

Ridge Racer 7

Sonic The Hedgehog

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Tony Hawk's Project 8

The Godfather: The Don's Edition

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom

Virtua Fighter 5

Virtua Tennis 3

World Snooker Championship 2007

Barnyard

Call of Duty 3

Cars

Far Cry: Vengeance

Gottlieb Pinball Classics

GT Pro Series

Happy Feet

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Madden NFL 07

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

Monster 4x4 World Circuit

Need for Speed: Carbon

Open Season

Rampage: Total Destruction

Rayman Raving Rabbids

Red Steel

SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab

Super Fruit Fall

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

Wii Play

Wii Sports (Bundled with the Wii console)

Army Men Advance

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon

ChuChu Rocket!

Earthworm Jim

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Fire Pro Wrestling

GT Advance Championship Racing

Iridion 3D

Konami Krazy Racers

Namco Museum

Pinobee: Wings of Adventure

Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure

Rayman Advance

Ready 2 Rumble Boxing: Round 2

Super Dodge Ball Advance

Super Mario Advance

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Metroid Prime Hunters – First Hunt (Demo)

Asphalt Urban GT

Super Mario 64 DS

WarioWare: Touched

The Urbz: Sims in the City

Project Rub

Rayman DS

Robots

Pokemon Dash

Ping Pals

Polarium

Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits

Spider Man 2

Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Zoo Keeper

Retro Atari Classics

"Sprung! The Dating Game" (Only released in the UK, Netherlands and Scandinavia)

I suppose what you should take from this is with the exception of the original xbox which launched with halo, Modernish consoles tend to have shitty enough launches. I wouldn't expect the 3ds to have a few "meh its ok" titles and then the rest being shite.

I'm not sure how reliable this wikipedia page is to be honest. I seriously doubt the european launch of the ps1 consisted of only 2 games.

Edited by mcj metroid

Capcom Europe are supposedly announcing 2 new games tomorrow at 7am. Be very surprised if these aren't for 3DS.

I was thinking, I'd fucking love to see something akin to Echochrome on the 3DS. It was a neat little game for the PSP but the 3D display would be phenomenal for this kind of game.

Shame it's doubtful we'l see something like it, but puzzle game's seem to be something I'm very intrigued in when it comes to 3DS.

Ah well, bring on tomorrow so we can get an idea of how shafted us European's will be.

Delaying it means we get a better launch line-up. If they get it out in Europe this year, I doubt there will be much choice in the games library.

Starfox is bound to to be a launch title, it seems to be the only game actually near completion, plus it was playable.

Starfox is bound to to be a launch title, it seems to be the only game actually near completion, plus it was playable.

I was gonna say Nintendo have done a very clever but crafty tactic.

Most of the launch line-up will be N64 games made for 3DS! These are already complete...Zelda, Starfox, Pilotwings, Starfox etc...

The line up is already stellar...the only negative is waiting probably a few more months for the original titles..

This is the only reason why I'm leaning towards a 2010 release...Nintendo are able to get it out quickly cause the games are mainly re-made ones..

Give any 2 or so of StarFox, Zelda, Paper Mario at launch with a third party game or two and i'm happy.

From Nikkei Twitter

What day will tomorrow Wednesday? The answer is Nintendo's presentation, "2010 Conference Nintendo" Day! Holiday centerpiece, 3D visuals play "Nintendo 3DS" details should be announced. On Twitter from 14:00 tomorrow, so live presentations and playing experience to enjoy. (Pound)

Six o'clock in the morning for us. :)