Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Eurogamer Expo 2010 announced! NO Northern dates :(

flameboy

ollowing last year's amazing event, everyone at Eurogamer.net is proud and excited to announce that the Eurogamer Expo will return in 2010.

Yes! We can finally reveal that the Eurogamer Expo will take place from 1st to 3rd October at Earls Court in London!

Now in its third year, the show promises to bring together all the top games due out this Christmas - plus a few from 2011 as well.

We will also be increasing the capacity to a massive 20,000 people - but of course we will maintain our core values, the most core of which is that if you come, you must get to play the games you came to play.

You can also expect more of our amazing developer sessions. Last year's highlights included David Cage presenting Heavy Rain and Chet Faliszek from Valve showing Left 4 Dead 2. Both men also took your questions, as did others from Splash Damage, Just Add Water, NVIDIA and elsewhere.

Some jerks from Eurogamer even did a session - and I'm delighted to say we will be making that mistake again! If you have a bone to pick or just want to shake us by the hand, the Eurogamer Expo is also the best place to meet the editorial team.

Many details are still to be announced between now and October, but Eurogamer.net will be the best place to find out about the line-up, ticket availability and special events taking place during the show.

Those who came last year may notice that we've also chosen to focus on one event for 2010 rather than return to Leeds. We had a great time oop north, but this year we have decided to focus on one event and try to make it bigger, better, and more utterly badass than everything we've done before put together.

For those who can't make it because of this, we promise we are looking at ways of bringing the Expo to a larger national and perhaps even international audience in future. As for those of you who can make it, we're really going all out for this one. You will not be disappointed.

If you've never been to a Eurogamer Expo before, check out the Eurogamer TV Show about last year's effort and remember, this year we will have more games, more events, more prizes, and capacity for way more people. Believe.

Whilst I'm annoyed that rather than stick with it and try and get the industry to realise that its not all about London. OR they should have put the event in Birmingham.

It's a real shame because it makes a nice couple of days a hell of a lot more expensive! Also had a cracking day with Mike and Nathan off here!

I was going to say I'm not going BUT work have now said they are going to look into paying for me and someone else from there to go as we have some money to invest in accessible gaming technology and this would be good chance to try out natal etc...if they are there which with the previous expo's emphasis on Q4 titles you would fully expect them to.

(I thought you worked as a teacher, but obviously I got confused somewhere...)

The north sucks? :p

I do lol! But for the visually impaired/disabled...we are looking at ways of broadening our media/ICT based learning in the form of games as the IT provisional we offer for pre-entry (lower ability) students needs revamping. I'm not actually in that department as I teach vocational skills but due to my interest in games I get asked a lot when they are deciding to spend money on games. So we are thinking natal may be an option for students who don't have the motor controls to use a regular controller...

Pff to no Northern dates! Yeah it was a great day Adam. even Leeds was like an hour n ahalf drive away for me but London would be even further!!!!

Hmm London is abit far but i shall consider it.

Well like we said yesterday if we make weekend of it could be worth doing if theres enough of us going as well will make for fun meet.

Well like we said yesterday if we make weekend of it could be worth doing if theres enough of us going as well will make for fun meet.

Yeah, after our convo on fb & txting im alot more interested in going now!

Once u let me know bout the hotels n such u were going to look into i will make a defo decision (i think we all know im gonna end up going though!!!!).

• 1 month later...
Guest Captain Falcon

To those who've been in the past, can you see all you want to in just one day or is it worth thinking about doing 2 days.

At least one of my mates is definitely up for it so we'll be heading down there and since we're in the city, we plan to have a little fun and make it worth the trip so we'll be around for 2 days anyway.

To those who've been in the past, can you see all you want to in just one day or is it worth thinking about doing 2 days.

At least one of my mates is definitely up for it so we'll be heading down there and since we're in the city, we plan to have a little fun and make it worth the trip so we'll be around for 2 days anyway.

I'd say you can do it in a day but if you wanna get extended play time of all the big games AND have a good time socially I'd say 2 days would be better. I mean me and Mike last year played a fair bit but we did just walk around chatting for hours and stuff...Think we are planning on making the trip and hopefully staying there so think a meet is probably on?!

Guest Captain Falcon

Well, there is 3 of us at the moment and maybe 2 others to join.

We're going down on the Friday though so I can't do a meet if others are dong the same day.