NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

I can honestly say that playing Leaf Green, Diamond and bits of Heart Gold never made me want to take a knife to my gameboy.

Nothing will ever best the first Pokemon games; the gameplay was fresh, we were children (which contrary to what otakus will tell you, is the intended audience) and it was a craze. It's just meh now.

I'm sorry to say that, since I know you obviously really enjoy it and have your own website.

I can honestly say that playing Leaf Green, Diamond and bits of Heart Gold never made me want to take a knife to my gameboy.

Nothing will ever best the first Pokemon games; the gameplay was fresh, we were children (which contrary to what otakus will tell you, is the intended audience) and it was a craze. It's just meh now.

I'm sorry to say that, since I know you obviously really enjoy it and have your own website.

Ah, but that is nostalgia. Going back and playing them now and you'll think they're worse than the others

I went back and played a bit of, I think red not too long ago. The only thing that I found at all frustrating was the lack of running, and the box system. Otherwise, they're still quite fun to play.

Looks promising from the screenshots, but I get the feeling this is going to be the same game I've played so many times before with some new 3D graphics, a new battle camera and 100 even more mediocre monster designs.

Prove me wrong, Pokemon Black and White. I want to like you.

All the ones that unlock things have come out here...

The non-wifi ones barely do, although I do seem to be living in the GBA era with my digs regarding Pokemon events, the ones with ingame area's should be there from the get-go, special ones which you shouldn't get through the normal game (such as these dogs with shiny status and special moves) are fine by me.

I always remember feeling somewhat annoyed by the fact that the closest events to me were an 8 hour drive away, not to mention in a different country.

Try playing them now? Dude, I've owned a version of every incremental Pokemon release, and I've completed them all...perhaps unfortunately. I know that there's a way to pretty much mine the depths of the games and train your pokemon in totally joyless ways for maximum efficiency, but I look at the games as sort of zen gardens; they lul me into a sleepily childish obsession the way few other games can.

I've been playing Heart Gold, and I can honestly say that I far prefer the original version, played on my tiny GBC screen, under my blanket with my wierd screenlight attatchment in the dead of night feverishly mowing through the elite four again and again so I can beat my friends' asses the next day. The game itself doesn't hold a candle to the "experience" of it.

There's a mood that playing Pokemon creates that I love. The gameplay is...I guess a part of that, but on its own it's fucking tedious...

I don't think it should be relegated to the position of a childrens toy at all, but neither do I play it for some weird holistic obsession with collecting and training Pokemon to perfection. That just bores me.

Edited by The Bard

but neither do I play it for some weird holistic obsession with collecting and training Pokemon to perfection. That just bores me.

lol, it's a legalised autism fix.

You know what Shiekah, here's the thing. I actually think the same thing but about Animal Crossing.

I guess you could say; not all Pokemon fans are autistic, but all autistic people are Pokemon fans.

I'm gonna get banned for that aren't I? :heh:

You know what Shiekah, here's the thing. I actually think the same thing but about Animal Crossing.

I guess you could say; not all Pokemon fans are autistic, but all autistic people are Pokemon fans.

It's funny. You talk about autism, yet I can't stop staring at your avatar. Haha. ;)

It's funny because it's true :p

I think Pokemon (the game...not the Pokemons themselves) will keep getting a hard time until there's a 3D home console version which is set across beautiful landscapes and where the character can run a tune of orchestrated music.

Where exactly can the series go? They've added more Pokemon, there's online modes now, making sure that the multiplayer isn't exclusive to people who have friends at hand who love their Pokemons, too. The game has evolved a fair bit, and it isn't simply about catching and then training. At it's heart, you can still play the game that way and enjoy it very much. But there's a bit more to it. There's only so far you can evolve things before you start alienating gamers, there's a risk that it'll become too complex if it starts becoming this...big other thing.

So, what do gamers want from it? Ideally, I just want to get to know the Pokemon. I feel a bit overwhelmed when I think of all these different types and stuff, but then it means you can have really interesting lineups.

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble.

The best place Pokemon can go is a place that Nintendo will never allow; a full online MMO experience. That would be INSANE.

The best place Pokemon can go is a place that Nintendo will never allow; a full online MMO experience. That would be INSANE.

So, kinda like Monster Hunter? Mass Pokemon Catching Adventures?

That would be quite sweet. Or do you mean where you have a huge meeting place where trainers can battle? Or both?

I think Pokemon (the game...not the Pokemons themselves) will keep getting a hard time until there's a 3D home console version which is set across beautiful landscapes and where the character can run a tune of orchestrated music.

Where exactly can the series go? They've added more Pokemon, there's online modes now, making sure that the multiplayer isn't exclusive to people who have friends at hand who love their Pokemons, too. The game has evolved a fair bit, and it isn't simply about catching and then training. At it's heart, you can still play the game that way and enjoy it very much. But there's a bit more to it. There's only so far you can evolve things before you start alienating gamers, there's a risk that it'll become too complex if it starts becoming this...big other thing.

So, what do gamers want from it? Ideally, I just want to get to know the Pokemon. I feel a bit overwhelmed when I think of all these different types and stuff, but then it means you can have really interesting lineups.

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble.

my list of demands: Most of these are petty things and this is IF they are keeping the same gameplay during black and white( and I assume they are)

1;I want a more engaging story.. Not cutscenes or anything just something that makes you say.. WOW i can't WAIT to see what happens next. Very few games have this.

2: I want a faster experience. I feel pokemon does an awful lot to delay the game and rack up the game hours.. for example why can't you preset the HMs to buttons or hell even touch screen.. Why do we have to watch that ridiculous clip every single time.

3: they always seem to make a balls of the menus since touch screen came in.. The menu during battle is fantastic and satifying but outside... Heart gold is very annoying to use I find.

4: for gods sake fix the battles. I can't the only one who turns off battle animation after about an hour.

5: Less legendary pokemon.. Heart gold and soul silver has about 15 of them and some are absolutely ridiculous to catch which brings me to 6.

6: make sure players who live in the western world can catch EVERY pokemon! Gotta catch em all is starting to lose meaning, probably why they stopped using the slogan.

7: More battle music would be nice. It gets a little repetitive at times.

I'm pretty sure I have more points.. but most of them mean overhauling the whole experience

**Pokermanz.

A pokemon poker game spin off?

Would it be 5 card draw or the sucky (texas hold em) version?

**Pokermanz.

***Pokemans.

pokemans.jpg

You make a good point, MCJ. I think there's a risk of devaluing some Pokemon if you have so many, such as when you mentioned the Legendaries.

With the battle animations, are you saying the animations should be better, or quicker, or just turned off altogether?

Ramble, Ramble, Ramble.

There will never be a Home Console main-series Pokémon game

There will never be a Home Console main-series Pokémon game

Yup, and thus the cycle of "The Series Is The Saaaame" will continue. Probably. :heh:

Yet people dont moan when Call of Duty, Mario, Zelda, Halo, Final Fantasy, Fifa, Bomberman etc. release new games with the original premise/genre, a few new bits and shinier graphics

Double.Standard.

Yet people dont moan when Call of Duty, Mario, Zelda, Halo, Final Fantasy, Fifa, Bomberman etc. release new games with the original premise/genre, a few new bits and shinier graphics

Double.Standard.

Word. Pokemon probably gets a bit more stick than it deserves.

I guess it just depends on what people want. I think many fans would welcome a Pokemon MMO, but I can only see that happening on a home console. So, in terms of the main off-line game, what do they want? Maybe a bigger landscape with many more things to do, who knows.

In all honesty, I doubt we're going to see an MMO, but I'm really not sure the series will stay exactly as it is either. I doubt it will be gamefreak who end up making one, but I really wouldn't rule out a 3D adventure.

In all honesty, I doubt we're going to see an MMO, but I'm really not sure the series will stay exactly as it is either. I doubt it will be gamefreak who end up making one, but I really wouldn't rule out a 3D adventure.

I very much doubt that'll happen. GameFreak are not going to outsource their main IP like that.