NEurope
Serebii

Pokémon Black & White

It's called a joke. :z:

Congratulations on not picking up the joke response, Pokemon is ridiculous..

Has this been posted?

Andriasang.com =

It looks like Black & White will be taking the series to 3D, at least for backgrounds. Battle, fields and towns appear to be 3D, with the fields and towns taking place from a 3/4 perspective while the battles retain a similar perspective to past Pokemon games.

(Just to avoid confusion, the "3D" mentioned here is standard polygonal 3D -- not 3DS-style coming out of the screen 3D.)

It's actually a bit difficult to judge the battle system, as the magazine only scored one shot showing Zoroark in the middle of combat. The perspective does resemble past games, with the camera set behind Zoroark while his opponent is visible in the distance.

Joining the screens, the magazine mentions three (or perhaps 2.5) "major evolutions" for the title:

More intense battle scenes

It looks like the Pokemon will engage in more heated battles this time around.

More realistic towns

The towns rise up with high rising buildings. It also seems that the Pokemon Center will have additional shops separate from the reception desk.

Evolution 3

It's unclear what exactly the third evolution is supposed to be about. Under this section, the magazine shows screens of a dungeon and what appears to be the game's opening town.

In other words, they are grasping at straws. A third evolution stage at least would signify this.

Is it me or this board is turning into IGN boards with all these pictures posts lately?

Evolution 3 is not referring to a third evolution of a Pokemon but rather a 3rd change from the previous things following intense battle scenes and realistic towns

Is it me or this board is turning into IGN boards with all these pictures posts lately?

Yeah. That's The Plan.

Evolution 3 is not referring to a third evolution of a Pokemon but rather a 3rd change from the previous things following intense battle scenes and realistic towns

So evolution of the series? Because the semantics are present are a bit muddy.

Yeah. That's The Plan.

So evolution of the series? Because the semantics are present are a bit muddy.

That's it exactly

Hopefully it will represent a change in gameplay instead of just another change in graphics...

Now I've said that, it's probably just doing away with the 8-bit screeches of monster cries.

Do you think its a possibility, that like with GS we got to go to Kanto after the main adventure, maybe we will go to...RSE/Hoenn region after the main quest in this?

Hopefully there will just be more gyms though.

More gyms, more variety of Pokemon available from early on etc etc.

Not like I'm not gonna get it whatever happens though. :p

Yeah I believe every time new games are announced people hope for these things, they never happen and buy anyway. Its a viscous but fun circle.

Do you think its a possibility, that like with GS we got to go to Kanto after the main adventure, maybe we will go to...RSE/Hoenn region after the main quest in this?

Hopefully there will just be more gyms though.

More gyms, more variety of Pokemon available from early on etc etc.

Not like I'm not gonna get it whatever happens though. :p

I, among others, believe this game is set in a region based upon Shikoku or Chigoku. These two areas in Japan are connected by a bridge. If correct, then you'll go to the other one afterwards making it a two region game with two new regions. It is something of which I completely approve

I've actually started watching that by the way. About 3 episodes in now. :D

me too im 2 in great stuff :D

me too im 2 in great stuff :D

Yeah. Some douche literally this second just fucking hit me with spoilers on Facebook. Twat. Raging. Why are people such douche bags? :nono:

Hopefully it will represent a change in gameplay instead of just another change in graphics...

Now I've said that, it's probably just doing away with the 8-bit screeches of monster cries.

I will bet my life they will continue to use the 8 bit noises

It would be nice to have the option of changing it to the anime voices, some of the screeches make me want to die.

Be thankful. At least Gen 4 and Gen 5 Pokémon wont have 8 bit sound cries

It would be nice to have the option of changing it to the anime voices, some of the screeches make me want to die.
I don't understand why Nintendo aren't using anime more throughout their pokemon games now that they're on the DS. Push the series forward, give it an anime intro... a few anime cutscenes throughout, and gym leader intro's etc...

It would look far more slick than the crude 3D of the HG/SS intro!

Professor Layton is a good example to follow (and shows how lazy Nintendo have got with Pokemon)... anime cutscenes, nice 2D backgrounds/characters for conversations, and then the sprites for the main game.

Edited by Retro_Link

Just throwing an anime cutscene here and there wouldn't fit with the style of the game though. They would need to make the actual game look a bit more like an anime before that would be presentable.