NEurope

I think he is talking about my joke post. :confused:

Edit: Oh.

hYG2o.Image%20upload%202010-01-27%20at%2018:49.png

hYHac.Image%20upload%202010-01-27%20at%2018:50.png

hYnf2.Image%20upload%202010-01-27%20at%2018:40.png

hYqcK.Image%20upload%202010-01-27%20at%2018:41.png

Edited by Dante

iWork is a nice addition, sure. But I mean anyone wanting to do any serious work is just gonna use their laptop eh?

iWork is a nice addition, sure. But I mean anyone wanting to do any serious work is just gonna use their laptop eh?

Exactly, I could understand it being able to read the documents for meetings etc. but I can think of no time where I would use this for actually creating documents at all.

To anyone so far disappointed....what on earth were you expecting? This is exactly what I was expecting. I'll not be getting one but I didn't think this was going to be anything else. I wonder who the core demographic will be for it in the long run (techie geeks at first of course).

Good stuff coming up now, I reckon it's going to be available much sooner than people are expecting. (I hope)

So far, if I had to have a tablet I'd buy a HP slate. At least that offers a full PC experience compared to this, which seems to be a smartphone experience in a much larger form.

I'd still rather buy a notebook though

Edited by McPhee

To anyone so far disappointed....what on earth were you expecting?

For something years in the making I expected a bit more than a bigger iPhone.

The Microsoft Courier demo looked way more interesting than this.

Edit: Not a bad price at all. Though I guess that's the 16GB model he's talking about which is way not enough space.

Edit:Edit: OH that $499 figure is for 16GB WITHOUT 3G? Overpriced.

Edited by SPAMBOT4000

To anyone so far disappointed....what on earth were you expecting? This is exactly what I was expecting. I'll not be getting one but I didn't think this was going to be anything else. I wonder who the core demographic will be for it in the long run (techie geeks at first of course).

I was expecting to be offered something I would want to buy?

And for that it would be a tablet device that had more functionality and less closed system.

Also I think others were expecting something "cool".

You know, a feature that is just... wow...

But it's all bog standard features of an iPhone, but bigger... and without the phone part.

I mean... I know Apply don't invent as such, but usually put together technology very well with usability in mind.

But I don't think they've brought together technology together here... they've altered the physical form of an existing product, taking some bits out, upgrades a few chips and said, "Ta-daaah!".

I think the long term customer for this is casual tech-users (such as my Mum) who only use their laptop for the web, people who travel a lot and only use their Netbook for internet, emails and typing up a few office documents...

I think it'll do very well...

It's just not for me.

$499 is a pretty good price, well, depending on how that transfers over here. Would've expected about $800 at least.

Edit: That's a really nice price though... how much is it UK?

Also, I was saying it wasn't for me...

Well, that's maybe an over statement, because once more things are added, etc, I would become interested.

I said the iPhone wasn't for me to start off with, but then they added in 3G support, SMS, undos, etc.

It's just not for me.

Ah but you say this now. Apple's official marketing has yet to start ;)

I get why people are disapointed but this is all I was expecting; a bigger iPod touch. I don't see what else it could have been really - somewhere between a macbook and an ipod.

Ah but you say this now. Apple's official marketing has yet to start ;)

I get why people are disapointed but this is all I was expecting; a bigger iPod touch. I don't see what else it could have been really - somewhere between a macbook and an ipod.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong... I wouldn't be surprised that after this uni. year when I have some loan money left over I get my girlfriend to pick one up in America (with an educational discount too).

Thus avoiding the UK bumper price!

:D

It's exactly what I though, a bigger iPod Touch. The pricing seems good but then that is US and we do always get boned when it comes to Apple product pricing.

I'm going to New York at the end if March, so I could pick one there. I'm just kinda wondering why would I, at the moment.

The 64gb model will be £500.

I certainly hope so! I would have guessed higher.

I think I would have to try one out before buying it anyway...

The problem with that is I know I'd buy one once having it in my hands!