NEurope

Exactly, which is why I'm not going to go on any more, as it's pointless.

Happy?

Exactly, which is why I'm not going to go on any more, as it's pointless.

Happy?

That's fine, it just sounded like "I don't see why nobody is listening to me so I'm not going to listen to them"

I love my Macbook, but I'm not an Apple fangirl. I don't really see the purpose of this iPad. You can do so much more on a laptop. This thing isn't much smaller than a laptop so it'd still be a bit of a hassle carrying it around, but you can do a lot less with it. So yeah don't really see why you'd want one or who it's really aimed at.

Too busy fellating Steve Jobs?

I don't understand your obsession with everything Apple either, no offence :heh:

Too much hating everything Apple does for no apparent reason and branding all fans as ''iTards'. What do you call people who don't like anything Apple does and never will? Just a tard?

Grow up. If you don't like the product then fine, but don't go around calling people names who do like it.

As I've said already I'm not a fan of this product for myself but I can see why some people would like it.

And I'll say what I said before about multitasking. It's obviously not idea but you can get it on jailbreak and it works fine. This really should be a default option in it though. I don't see how it can compete with... anything without it.

Too much hating everything Apple does for no apparent reason and branding all fans as ''iTards'. What do you call people who don't like anything Apple does and never will? Just a tard?

Grow up. If you don't like the product then fine, but don't go around calling people names who do like it.

Yes, my iMac, MacBook and all four different iPods scream apple hate.

Don't be naive. This is sensationalised apple bullshit. If this were any other company, people wouldn't be batting an eye lid.

Underwhelming. Disappointing. But I'll probably stillget one.

Aside from apple, molly and daft, I'm sorry but your sycophantic THANKING of 90% of each others posts is becoming vomit inducing... Just meet up and fuck!! :)

Crass, dazzybee.

So how is media and stuff summing this up?

I heard Mr. Fry was on Newsnight singing its praises.

I think multitasking is becoming a real issue for Apple products. It's even worse than the iPhone for this. I mean who is going to have spotify on here for instance, and just have that and sit there watching. Surely you want to do other stuff whilst doing it.

I can understand the battery point of view, but at the end of the day apps such as that one NEED to be running in the background, otherwise what's the point of them? I mean Skype for iPhone is fairly pointless. I can call people, but could anyone call me? Not unless I happen to be in the app at the time.

I do however like the iPad, think it looks nice, and think the interface looks quite nice, particularly the way Mail would work. I also hope that wallpaper being on the homescreen will make it's way to iPhone when the update comes out. It's still unbelievable I can't change it.

I don't really see the point of owning one if you have an iPhone and Macbook though. Which I already do. Doubt I'll ever be getting one to be honest.

A giant meh.

Actually the thing that REALLY bothers me is the UI. That home screen with the spaced out, small icons looks horrible. Truly bad. And don't even get me started on that scaled up "slide to unloack" page.

It's a shame because the UI in the new iPad apps looks good, but that home screen, yurgh.

The bezel is incredibly ugly as well,makes it look very cheap. I understand it needed a fairly substantial non multitouch border so holding it wouldn't be holding the screen, but that's way too thick IMO.

Oh and reading an ebook on an IPS screen? Oh dear.

Price is pretty good though. Although the $80 for that keyboard dock made me laugh. Typical Apple.

It looks great and the UI is fantastic. The problem with windows tablets were that they were never made as tablets ground up. With the growth of eepcs and small limited laptops this should make for an interesting product. I am sure app store developers will be happy.

Not surprised at the negative comments. New ideas and technologies always have negative reactions. iPhone was a phone, an established category with billions sold. This is the complete opposite.

You obviously haven't paid much attention to CES.

Edit: And the $100 increment for memory size is a joke.

$499 - 16GB

$599 - 32GB

$699 - 64 GB

A machine for fanboys if ever I've seen one.

I don't get it. An 8GB SDHC card is £6.99 = £14 for 16GB. Why can't Apple just give it a slot....? And why does their version of 16GB cost 4 times that of the above? Its just harsh.

Eh, what?

Some of these comments I just do not understand.

I don't understand this product. What is it?

It just seems like a Netbook....don't Apple already have Netbooks? Its just a media player but it costs a lot (don't understand why everyones so happy with the price, it seems like a rip off)

It seems as portable as a lap top....or a netbook....so why don't people just buy a netbook instead, they are cheaper and can do thousands of things that this device can't.

I just can't get my head around the love for it.

Can't be bothered to browse 6 pages of fact/opinion so I'll just quickly share mine:

No multitasking means it could never, ever replace my netbook.

The design is much uglier than 90% of the mockups/fakes that have appeared over the last few weeks.

No multitasking means it could never, ever replace my netbook.

Even with jailbreaking, I'm not sure it will be good at multitasking. They didn't mention RAM at all.

I don't understand this product. What is it?

It just seems like a Netbook....don't Apple already have Netbooks? Its just a media player but it costs a lot (don't understand why everyones so happy with the price, it seems like a rip off)

It seems as portable as a lap top....or a netbook....so why don't people just buy a netbook instead, they are cheaper and can do thousands of things that this device can't.

I just can't get my head around the love for it.

Mhm it seems to be okay at doing lots of little bits, but there's no real 'bite' to it (or at least, in my opinion/for me).

If they'd made it cheaper, allowed it to multitask and had it as an ebook reader, pdf reader (and with the option to save!) and allow for pen input and notes to be added (even if it was sticky notes), with an office suite and the option to surf the net, play music/videos then it would be great for students. And other businesses that would need that kind of thing.

Even with jailbreaking, I'm not sure it will be good at multitasking. They didn't mention RAM at all.

When we get to the point of "you need to illegally mod it to make it great", well, we have the PSP. Which is a fine little machine but I doubt Sony designed it for modding :p

If they'd made it cheaper, allowed it to multitask and had it as an ebook reader, pdf reader (and with the option to save!) and allow for pen input and notes to be added (even if it was sticky notes), with an office suite and the option to surf the net, play music/videos then it would be great for students.

Sounds like my cheap phone...

When we get to the point of "you need to illegally mod it to make it great", well, we have the PSP. Which is a fine little machine but I doubt Sony designed it for modding :p

Well, it's legal (as long as you don't install non-freeware apps), it just voids the warranty. Which isn't something you want to be doing to an expensive device.

Sounds like my cheap phone...

Well, it's legal (as long as you don't install non-freeware apps), it just voids the warranty. Which isn't something you want to be doing to an expensive device.

With a bigger screen :p

Particularly not one likely to break at some point. Let's face it, seldom is the Apple product that never dies.

I've tried, but I still have no idea what use anyone would have with this.

The inevitable;

Surprisingly quick, its only been 18 hours.

Also this amused me; http://www.funnyordie.co.uk/videos/167d70800c/the-ipad

Lee Unkrich (director of TS3) said he's getting one (and then linked that vid so it may be a joke) but I would presume they'd get them free anyway.

Edited by Ashley

Unless you've been living under a rock for the last few months, you've probably come across all these rumors about what Apple will be revealing on the 27th of this month.

well guess i've been living under a rock then.. Having read up a bit on this.. I'm going to say I won't be getting this. Don't see the point to it.

It looks great and the UI is fantastic. The problem with windows tablets were that they were never made as tablets ground up. With the growth of eepcs and small limited laptops this should make for an interesting product. I am sure app store developers will be happy.

Not surprised at the negative comments. New ideas and technologies always have negative reactions. iPhone was a phone, an established category with billions sold. This is the complete opposite.

am ok I have no doubt this will develop as a brand( assuming of course it doesn't flop because I can't understand who would want this)but viewing this as a PRODUCT.... it's disappointing..At least for the people who were on the hype train. I personally never heard of it before today..

Having just finished watching the keynote I actually think it looks like a really nice product. It does pretty much everything I use my laptop for in the living room and has everything I'd want when on the move. Add in the native iPad apps that will no doubt come and I think you've got something that is a lot better than many people are giving it credit for.

Add to that the fact I was expecting $1000 and it looks even more attractive. Day 1 purchase for me.

Ah, good for Apple, I say. It may not be a brilliant product, but it's the start of something.

What I'm most excited about at the moment is eReaders. Now, what I really want is an A4 device (British magazines are A4 or slightly bigger), something like 1920x1080 with e-ink. This is not that product (I'm looking forward to CES 2011), however, at least Apple are furthering the cause of eBooks by getting lots of big publishers involved with iBooks and iBookstore.

Think about iTunes. Only now, this year, are companies setting up proper online shops to buy MP3s from. There was a song I wanted a while ago and the only place I could get it was iTunes. I'd rather have bought the MP3, but that was the only place.

The screen on the iPad is a decent size (9.7") and hi-res (1024x768) - it doesn't match a good laptop, but it's about what you can get on a good netbook. Also, from what I've seen of LED-backlit screens, they're amazing.

A lot of people are saying there's not enough room for tablet PCs and netbooks, which may be right, but I think touchscreen tablets are too natural and appealing to fail. Personally, the bigger screen instantly makes it much more appealing than a mobile phone and if I was an author, I'd want a proper laptop. Therefore, it seems to me the only two devices competing are the netbook and tablet, and once prices have fallen on the latter, I think it may actually be the netbooks that disappear. As I say, laptops for "work", but the tablet suits the "fun" better.

Basically, a nice device. Not everything I wanted, but everything I expected.

Edited by Grazza

Like the iPhone I'll wait until they 3rd/4th Gen this up, if I get one.

I still don't think it need to be that big.

Although the amount apple are patting themselves on the back for this one is vomit inducing. I just watched the video on the apple site.