NEurope
Karl619

Let's save Cadbury's heritage!

I think it's kinda sad that Cadbury's are being taken over by Krafts. Who knows what the implications will be but I thought it would be a cool idea to start a campaign of sorts which just shows that people do care about British industry and its demise. So please , if you don't like this takeover because of the threat of job cuts or simply because you feel it will loose its heritage then please join my facebook group! I doubt it will go viral but who knows, it would be nice to think it gets some peoples attention. I'm not stupid enough to think one poxy facebook group will change anything but it will give a voice to people who are disgruntled a the demise of British industry.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&ref=mf&gid=290826321604

PS. yes I am aware that Cadbury has largely been floated by foreign investements in the past and yes Cadbury recipes probably won't be affected. The purpose of this group is just to show that alot of people are fed up with British workers being put under threat due to foreign takeovers and that slowly Britain is loosing control over what made her unique

If you don't agree with any of this then please don't reply saying why it's pointless setting up a group etc... I would just like some support and maybe someone will take attention of this

In all honesty the closest you're going to get to attention is "oh, someone made this group...now where's the pen to sign this deal?"

You could always go protest in Barbourne. More likely to get some attention (still won't change anything though).

My uncle works in cadburies! I think he's just worried about his job more than anything.

Cadburies is awesome and they better fucking keep the factory shop/tour open for April, or i will be PISSED.

Did you know that an increasing amount of manufacturers are coming back to the UK due to product quality and high freight costs?

It's probably like the Matalan takeover where money goes into different hands but the company doesn't do anything differently.

who gives a shit.

quit bitchin and just eat it.

*obligatory 'she said' etc reference*

Save Cadbury's? Why? They makes awful chocolate.

What the hell is this I see before me?

Seriously, whats going on here Daft.

I just don't like crap chocolate. Give me Lindt any day. In fact, chocolate from the continent is generally so much nicer. Cadbury's is a bit of a joke.

Next you'll be telling me you like Yorkie bars.

Your words offend me. (Agree on Yorkie though)

Yorkie is a fairly bad taste of chocolate, it just doesn't have a flavour, its quite bland and boring and very "generic". A bit like Hersheys it tastes kinda....just boring.

Lindt is too soft in texture and smooth, and kind of sweet...just...also I find it kind of boring.

You simply can't beat Cadburys and Galaxy. Both are delicious and unlike any other chocolate.

I just don't like crap chocolate. Give me Lindt any day. In fact, chocolate from the continent is generally so much nicer. Cadbury's is a bit of a joke.

Next you'll be telling me you like Yorkie bars.

Lindt and Galaxy chocolate have a lot more fat/dairy in them than cadburies chocolate does.

I hate lindt, it makes my throat feel tight and congested after I've eaten it >_<

Your words offend me. (Agree on Yorkie though)

Yorkie is a fairly bad taste of chocolate, it just doesn't have a flavour, its quite bland and boring and very "generic". A bit like Hersheys it tastes kinda....just boring.

Lindt is too soft in texture and smooth, and kind of sweet...just...also I find it kind of boring.

You simply can't beat Cadburys and Galaxy. Both are delicious and unlike any other chocolate.

Galaxy is a Mars product. American company (American chocolate is generally shit as well).

The worst thing about Yorkie is the texture. You can actually taste it disintegrate. It's rank. Cadbury's has the same kind of problem but not to the offensive extent of a Yorkie.

There's so much better chocolate than either though, they don't even register. Leonidas chocolate... *drool*

The Swiss really know how to do it.

I find this news quite sad. Though Cadburys isn't my favourite and I don't usually buy it myself. I actually prefer many varieties of chocolate, Green and Blacks is lovely and the Co Ops fair trade stuff is surprisingly nice.

The Midlands is really suffering from local companies being bought out and what not: Jaguar, MG Rover at Longbridge and HP Sauce to name a few.

Really can't be doing with Cadbury being bought out by this lot. :sad:

There's so much better chocolate than either though, they don't even register. Leonidas chocolate... *drool*

Agreed. I haven't bought a chocolate bar in months- I only really like very strong dark chocolate nowadays.

Chocolate is like coffee. You get an amazing jump in quality with minimal effort if you just look for something a little better.

Still, shit to see Cadbury's under threat from what looks like a hasty and potentially dangerous buyout. We have one of their factories here in Sheffield so it's a local concern for me.

I hate lindt, it makes my throat feel tight and congested after I've eaten it >_<

You need to chew your food.

Agreed. I haven't bought a chocolate bar in months- I only really like very strong dark chocolate nowadays.

Chocolate is like coffee. You get an amazing jump in quality with minimal effort if you just look for something a little better.

Still, shit to see Cadbury's under threat from what looks like a hasty and potentially dangerous buyout. We have one of their factories here in Sheffield so it's a local concern for me.

Which coffee would you recommend? I like the taste of coffee but a lot of it seems to be crap coffee :P

Lindt is absolutely gorgeous, I agree. I'm used to eating those round chocolate with creamy sort of centre, and occasionally those gold bunnies at Easter. Eating too many of the round ones can make you feel a bit ill, though.

You need to chew your food.

dairy/fat causes mucus buildup in your throat, and i'm probably more sensitive to it than others because my immune system is in overdrive

dairy/fat causes mucus buildup in your throat, and i'm probably more sensitive to it than others because my immune system is in overdrive

It was a joke.

Lindt is absolutely gorgeous, I agree. I'm used to eating those round chocolate with creamy sort of centre, and occasionally those gold bunnies at Easter. Eating too many of the round ones can make you feel a bit ill, though.

Holy shit. YES! The white chocolate round ones with the creamy centre....so....amazing.

Cadbury's and most high-street/commonly found/famous/cheap chocolate goodies just feel kinda...sweaty. Most milk chocolate is greasy, but not all are sweaty.

Lindt is the shit. I want to bathe in lindt. That woman orgasming over them in the advert isn't a lie.