Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Joining The Police

Kirkatronics

I didn't think there was a maximum height limit, it should always be down to health and experience.

Ive justs found out that to pass the medical, it is preffered that you are below 25 BMI but they can raise it to 30 at their discression.

Im a bit worried now as im 29. Is there any way i could sort this out pretty quickly but safely?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think there was a maximum height limit, it should always be down to health and experience.

Ive justs found out that to pass the medical, it is preffered that you are below 25 BMI but they can raise it to 30 at their discression.

Im a bit worried now as im 29. Is there any way i could sort this out pretty quickly but safely?

If you don't already then eat healthily. Lots of fruit/veg and water.

Cardio vascular exercise is good for losing weight. Things like jogging and cycling are best.

If you don't already then eat healthily. Lots of fruit/veg and water.

Cardio vascular exercise is good for losing weight. Things like jogging and cycling are best.

I don't, i've actually written up a few things for me to do. thanks for the input :)

I stopped smoking specially for this, doing well since new years with no help.

1. Respect for diversity
  2. Team working
  3. Community and customer focus
  4. Effective communication
  5. Problem solving
  6. Personal responsibility
  7. Resilience

I hate things like that - they shouldn't be things that are classed as skills, they should be things you should have if you're not a massive twat or a moron.

I had to fill in a (not quite as lengthy) similar form whilst applying to be a Special Constable. I got an interview, and they really liked me, but as I'm doing a placement next year and probably wont be in the area, they've told me they'll accept me once I've finished my placement if it's not near Guildford.

I'd say 2, 4 and 5 are skills. And not having them doesn't mean you're a massive twat.

No, but if you can't do them, you definitely fall into the moron category. It's not difficult for a vast majority of people to communicate or see how to work with others...

No, but if you can't do them, you definitely fall into the moron category. It's not difficult for a vast majority of people to communicate or see how to work with others...

Why does not being great at team working make you a moron? Some people work better on their own.

And what about number 7? Not being able to cope with stress and such doesn't make somebody a moron, nor does it make them a massive twat.

I hate things like that - they shouldn't be things that are classed as skills, they should be things you should have if you're not a massive twat or a moron.

I had to fill in a (not quite as lengthy) similar form whilst applying to be a Special Constable. I got an interview, and they really liked me, but as I'm doing a placement next year and probably wont be in the area, they've told me they'll accept me once I've finished my placement if it's not near Guildford.

Its the same test as what you took, its no longer used by specials as far as i know. Its a much easier test now.

Also, id say 7 is a skill in its self.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't, i've actually written up a few things for me to do. thanks for the input :)

I stopped smoking specially for this, doing well since new years with no help.

Im not saying you should smoke, as i hate it and think its one of the saddest things you can do.

But i always thaught smoking made you gain less weight. So maybe you shoudnt stop until you get in the police. Just a thaught.

Im not saying you should smoke, as i hate it and think its one of the saddest things you can do.

But i always thaught smoking made you gain less weight. So maybe you shoudnt stop until you get in the police. Just a thaught.

I can already feel the difference in my health, so it's much better to stop smoking and maybe put on a bit.

I haven't put any on as of yet, so im doing well.

I did a practice bleep test today, 5.4 is a joke, i got 7 and then walked in the house with a smile on my face. Could have gone further, just was happy with that.

Don't take up smoking again.

Just eat a normal balanced diet free of obviously bad things, and do a lot of exercise, and play a lot of sport, and you'll lose weight easily.

I can already feel the difference in my health, so it's much better to stop smoking and maybe put on a bit.

I haven't put any on as of yet, so im doing well.

I did a practice bleep test today, 5.4 is a joke, i got 7 and then walked in the house with a smile on my face. Could have gone further, just was happy with that.

5.4? is that the police standard? thats still walkig isnt it?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!