NEurope
Retro_Link

Formula 1 2010

Want to see Massa & Alonso on the new F1 roller coaster at Ferrari world? Of course you do.

Sniffpetrol.com have provided a handy guide to the possible outcomes of Sunday's race:

F1Deconfuserator1.jpg

Say what you like, they're unlikely to be proven wrong.

Edited by gaggle64

Vettel again mighty in quali, Mark Webber has it all to do from the 3rd row on the grid. Alonso looks the most likely to keep Vettel away from the title for another year (Which I hope he does).

Poor Webber, he really has lost all momentum since and going into Korea :(

Alonso is in the best position, he can afford to lose a place during the race and even keep engine settings down and will win the title.

All depends on first lap and reliability now, I really hope Alonso's engine doesn't give in because if it does it's Vettel's, and i really dont want him to have the title..

Tomorrow looks set to be fantastic. Even if it's not wheel to wheel it'll be tense - Webber has to beat Alonso directly in front and Button alongside won't be shy about attacking him either, especially with Hamilton on the front row with everything to win and absolutely nothing to loose. Vettel's essentially sitting at the head of a extremely ravenous pack of wolves who all have much more experience. Can't believe I won't get to watch this live - thank god for iPlayer.

Almost time guys!!! :bouncy:

Think Alonso is gonna get this one, Hope I'm wrong though! Bring on Lap 1!! :D

Tweet from James Allen

Jamesallenonf1 Watch for cars starting on "dirty" side. In GP2 yesterday they've were quick off the line.
Edited by Retro_Link

Good god I'm so nervous it's not even funny! :(

Reminds me on Suzuka 2000...I want Alonso to win, hoping Lewis gets a really good start and gets ahead of Vettel, and hopefully Webber will get past Button :D

Edit. I cannot believe how bad this race is going for us. No no no :(

Edited by Goron_3

World Champion 2010

Sebastien Vettel

Red-Bull-Sebastian-Vettel-001.jpg

Terrible strategy from the Ferrari team pretty much handed Vettel the championship, as well as great driving from both Renault drivers to keep Alonso and Hamilton out of the picture, Webber never looked like he would pull something out finishing behind Alonso in 8th. I'm disappointed since Vettel was my least preferred champion but any one of the 4 left in the hunt deserved the title in some form or another.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Can the Championship deciding races in future years not take place on shit tracks please.

So Vettel wins. My 3rd choice to win after Alonso and Webber, but credit to him, he drove well this weekend.

Ferrari really mucked it up by moving to cover Webber. But Petrov did well to not make any mistakes and hold Alonso up for 40 laps.

It definitely is a shame there was hardly any overtaking.

Are there any rule changes for next year that might encourage more overtaking? I'd like to see tyres that have more difference in speed in them again, it was kinda boring to see everyone on one stop strategies because of the lack in real difference in performance between hards/softs.

So Vettel wins. My 3rd choice to win after Alonso and Webber, but credit to him, he drove well this weekend.

Ferrari really mucked it up by moving to cover Webber. But Petrov did well to not make any mistakes and hold Alonso up for 40 laps.

It definitely is a shame there was hardly any overtaking.

Are there any rule changes for next year that might encourage more overtaking? I'd like to see tyres that have more difference in speed in them again, it was kinda boring to see everyone on one stop strategies because of the lack in real difference in performance between hards/softs.

No RWSD's

No Rear diffusers

Return of KERS

Anyone but Alonso winning the championship was music to my ears, of course there was the slightest faint hope that Webber & Vettel would retire due to the car being unreliable and that Alonso would of had to retire due to an accident thus paving the way for Hamilton to take first and the championship...but yes... didn't quite pan out that way.

Now just got to keep playing F1 2010 to tide me over till next season.

Congratulations to Vettel!! :D I'm pleased with that!

He's hasn't endeared himself the whole season, but he approached the final leg very well and is a deserving winner!

I couldn't believe that just like back on 2007, (Lewis aside) by far the least likely scenario unfolded before our eyes, with cars finishing outside of ALL the possible positions they had infront of them to finish within!

The way Vettel made it out inches in front of Kobayashi was crazy close!

Lewis drove a great race.

Also... Michaels crash at the start of the race was plain scary!!

Just 16 weeks or so to wait now and we go through it all again in 2011!! :yay:

Edited by Retro_Link

What an epic fuck up by Ferrari, thats 2 seasons in recent times where they have thrown the championship away by shit strategy calls. Gutted for Webber but he was off the pace all weekend and didnt have an answer to Vettel when he needed it the most. Still Hamilton didnt win and Kubica held him for ages so :grin:

Can the Championship deciding races in future years not take place on shit tracks please.
Thankfully next years final race is in Brazil. :)

However, up until just over half way I actually really enjoyed the race today (so was tense!). However everything seemed to stop following the later pit stops when Hamilton got stuck behind Kubica and you could tell Alonso wasn't going anywhere.

Webber was just non existant this weekend!

---

I LOVED the BBC's final clips montage over the end credits... and great song too... Jake posted on his twitter that a friend of his did the song and it's already up to No.55 on iTunes!

Has been a really great year! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

Disappointed that Webber was so lacklustre this weekend. Really would have been nice if he'd won the title.

Still, happy enough that Alonso didn't win it. Do think Alonso has a serious attitude problem. Gesturing towards Petrov as if complaining that it was his fault he lost the championship :nono: As Brundle said, 'Get a life, son' or something to that effect after it was seen. Yes, Ferrari screwed up the tactics but really, there was no reason for the gesturing after the race as it was Alonso's own fault for not getting past Petrov. ::shrug: Both he and Kubica did well in the race. It'll be interesting to watch Kubica next year because if Renault have a good car, he'll definitely be in the fight for the championship because he has the skills as a driver.

Vettel was always going to win a world championship at some point, it was just a matter of when and this weekend, he put it all together nicely. To be honest though, he was never really troubled beyond the first corner on the first lap.

So yeh, next year should be interesting. Will it just be Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari pushing for wins or will we see some of the other teams pushing forward? There's certainly a growing list of talented drivers forming in the teams behind those three that have the potential should they be given the right car.

^ Agree with you on all of that!

Mercedes would definately hope to be up there next season, we'll have to see on that one. Maybe one of the 3 teams this year, may struggle at the start of the year due to pumping resources into the fight?... like McLaren and Ferrari did in '09... but really all three have been through it together this year and all should have big enough budgets.

Yeah Alonso was totally out of order at the end with Petrov. His heads a bit too far up his ass tbh to think he has some sort of priority like that. Tbh if it wasn't for the oppositions unreliabilty [engines failing] in '05 and '06 he could well have no championships at this point, so he should count himself Very lucky taht he does!

Alonso's gestures are completely understandable, he just lost the champsionship because he was stuck behind a clearly slower car. What did you expect him to do, give him a thumbs up? Besides once he had calmed down and reflected he complimented Petrovs drive, saying something like 'he drove very well, made no mistakes'. Vettel made that 'he's crazy' comment towards Webber in Turkey after their incident but ofc people only remember him being this cute kid. Alonso has done some fantastic things this season (taking the blame for his mechanics mistake in Korea shows a lot about him, writing personal letters to everyone apologising for his mistake in Monaco), but it's just selective memory I guess.

Have to admit, I'm gutted Vettel is world champion. He's quick over a lap but little to no race craft, with Turkey, Silverstone and Spa proving that. I find it crazy that we now live in a world where the last 2 world champions have been Jenson 'I have no grip' Button and Sebastian 'check out my finger' Vettel, on the same grid that Alonso, Lewis and Kubica are on. Just amazes me, if this season is anything to go by I wouldn't be surprised if Vettel never wins another title, he just doesn't compare to some of the better racers. Infact, has Vettel actually overtaken anyone in a top car this season? He came close in Turkey and Spa before bottling it.

Disappointed with Alonso's race, Ferrari made the wrong call but really, the racing was dire today. Definately think that this is the worst track of the year after Bore-rain and Valencia. It's just mindboggling that we even race here given how bad the track is, i don't get it :/ And ofc, it's not even mentioned on the TV by anyone, all we hear is the constant 'wow the facilities are amazing!!!' bullshit which sums up what's wrong with the sport.

I'm excited for next year already. Mercedes should be stronger and after Schumachers improved pace with this chasis I'm very excited to watch him next year. Alonso will no doubt be on fire and I expect a good battle between him and Lewis providing they have decent equipment.

Finally. Legard was a pile of wank today.

Legard: Wow Trulli's front wing has fallen off!

Martin: That's his rear wing Jonathan.....

/Rant

Finally. Legard was a pile of wank today.

Legard: Wow Trulli's front wing has fallen off!

Martin: That's his rear wing Jonathan.....

Legards rebuttle made me laugh though.

Legard: Doesn't matter, it's still a wing.

Yeah he's not a very good commentator at all, but then again, Brundle has the know how, Legards for the newbies to the sport.

Alonso's gestures are completely understandable, he just lost the champsionship because he was stuck behind a clearly slower car. What did you expect him to do, give him a thumbs up? Besides once he had calmed down and reflected he complimented Petrovs drive, saying something like 'he drove very well, made no mistakes'. Vettel made that 'he's crazy' comment towards Webber in Turkey after their incident but ofc people only remember him being this cute kid. Alonso has done some fantastic things this season (taking the blame for his mechanics mistake in Korea shows a lot about him, writing personal letters to everyone apologising for his mistake in Monaco), but it's just selective memory I guess.
Hope Legards gone for next year tbh!

Mmm no I don't think it's a case of selective memory and I certainly don't just see him 'as this cute kid' (but I think you were directing that at the newbie F1 audience and not anyone here). I think there's a difference between the two cases anyway. The Red Bull drivers don't get along, simple!

Why did Alonso have to do anything at all towards Petrov, honestly I can't imagine Hamilton acting that way if he'd been in the exact same position... just drive back to the garage!

But anyway, Alonso's been great to watch this season!

I couldn't agree with you more though about Jenson! and he's been rubbish this season!

Well done Vettel. Absolutely flawless from beginning to end. It seems appropriate given this season's nature that it would be the only one of the four who had never lead the championship to snatch it in the final round. Of all the things I expected to happen half the championship fight disappearing into the midfield wasn't one of them - Vettel and the McLarens just found the better strategy. Great race. What a simply brilliant, brilliant, brilliant season of F1 it's been. Goddamn historic, every second of it. Lets hope next year will be even half as thrilling.