Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2010

Retro_Link

Under 2 months til the season is underway :D Mann I'm so hyped to see Schumacher back. Mercedes are due to unveil their car on Monday 25th January, it should be interesting to see just how much thinner the front tyres are and if we can notice the increased length in the cars due to bigger fuel tanks.

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Livery Jan 25th, Car Feb 1st... (I've added a car dates section to the first post.)

Can't remember who it was now but some aero engineer or something said that the thinner front tyres could make overtaking even more difficult!

Edited by Retro_Link

De La Rosa gets BMW Sauber drive,

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80960

The 38-year-old Spaniard has been McLaren's reserve and test driver for seven years, but will be back to racing in 2010 with the Hinwil-based squad.

"Pedro has spent many years working for a top team at the highest technical level," said Peter Sauber. "We as a team stand to gain from his experience, and the same goes for young Kamui.

"The combination of a seasoned racer and an up-and-coming young driver has repeatedly proved a very fruitful one. I don't expect either of them to disappoint in 2010.

The Catalan driver last raced in Formula 1 at the 2006 Brazilian Grand Prix, when he stood in for Juan Pablo Montoya.

Hmm, been a long time since he was in a race... didn't work out well for Badoer (though that was 10 years or something), but DLR will hopefully be up to speed much faster!

I'm sure his car knowledge will be beneficial, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kobayashi is the faster of the two!

EDIT:

Just remembered Heidfeld, I thought he was gonna get that BMW seat! Surely he's by far the better option for them!

Just Renault, Campos, or US-F1 left then for Nick!... Kubica's team mate again?!

Edited by Retro_Link

I think that's it for Heidfeld this year. No race seat. I read on Autosport he'd been offered a Mercedes testing role with promise of a race seat in '11 but I don't know if that will work if Schumacher is on a 3-year deal and they renew Rosberg or get Vettel, both of whom are better drivers. I do feel sorry for the guy though, it was almost a dream drive at Mercedes until Schumacher came on the scene and kicked him into touch. He deserves a drive more than 50% of the field so I hope Renualt take him on, but I doubt they will.

I don't really get what people see in Heidfeld to be honest. Sure he's a solid performer but in all is years in F1 I cannot think of even a single standout thing he has done. I doubt I'd even notice if he's not on the grid this year.

I don't really get what people see in Heidfeld to be honest. Sure he's a solid performer but in all is years in F1 I cannot think of even a single standout thing he has done. I doubt I'd even notice if he's not on the grid this year.
Tbh I'd have to agree. However, I would miss him on the grid knowing that the likes of Alguersuari have a drive!... but then that's another pitiful aspect of F1 for you, being able to buy yourself a seat!

De La Rosa getting a race seat over Heidfeld is ridiculous. Algersauri I can forgive, he's a youngster with potential. DLR has had his chance, been average, and been kicked out. Heidfeld, while not exactly ever a stand out performer, would surely perform better than him.

Heidfeld holds the record for most races finished in a row. Something like 32 or 33. I think this speaks volumes, sure reliability comes into it to a certain extent but Heidfeld IS consistant and is quick. I'm sure given the chance in a decent car he would be a race winner, but he is not WDC material by any stretch of the imagination, he definitely deserves to be in the top level of motorsport.

Heidfeld is a great driver imo, very consistent and one hell of an overtaken. He's also got a few years ahead of him and he's proven, would be surprised if he didn't a drive.

In reply to what Retro said above about how someone said that smaller front tyres might mean less overtaking, i think it's quite the opposite. It's actually beneficial to the balast and weight distribution of the cars to have smaller tyres so we'll see less drivers struggling to find proper set up. When it comes to overtaking, apparently more undisturbed air will pass through the car, or some crap like that. I'll try and find a link to explain it but yeh, narrorwer front wheels is a good thing :)

Put a tenner on Vettel to win the title, odds at 7/1. Feeling good about it :)

^ Might have to join you on that one!

I'm supporting Vettel whatever. As Kimi's mate and Badminton buddy, it would be rude of me not too!

I'll stick my neck out and say Vettel has no chance of the title this year... I'll stick my neck out further and put a bet on Schumacher, Hamilton, Massa or Alonso. And at a push, Sebastian Vettel. ;)

This year should be immense!

I'll stick my neck out and say Vettel has no chance of the title this year... I'll stick my neck out further and put a bet on Schumacher, Hamilton, Massa or Alonso. And at a push, Sebastian Vettel. ;)

This year should be immense!

haha, so everyone then! :D

I'd really like to see Red Bull deliver another great car and Vettel and Hamilton battling it out this year! It was something we didn't get to see last year... let's find out who's best!

I take it thats from when Ferrari break off from F1 to form their own series (which they name F-Zero?)
haha F-Zero, Formula-Zero, love it!!

Ferrari's 2010 Official Race Suits:

massalonferroveralls201f.jpg

And it seems Alonso drove last years F60 at a promotional event the other day, or something like that, and showed off the new 2010 Santander livery. it's obviously not the finalised livery because it's not on the 2010 car, but it gives an idea of what they're going for and... :woops:

e1v00204.jpg

e1v02574.jpg

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah white wings (actually white in general) suck on the Ferrari!

haha, :weep:, My supports gonna go to Vettel... he's one of the few drivers left with a personality, he says it like it is, talented of course, and... he's mates with Kimi!

Also...

Rosberg has already caved and agreed to give his No.3 to Schmacher!... what a tool!

Yeah white wings (actually white in general) suck on the Ferrari!

haha, :weep:, My supports gonna go to Vettel... he's one of the few drivers left with a personality, he says it like it is, talented of course, and... he's mates with Kimi!

Also...

Rosberg has already caved and agreed to give his No.3 to Schmacher!... what a tool!

Ha I knew you'd pick vettel, simply on the basis that he was friends with Kimi haha.

And the number 3 thing is just to do with the fact the Schumacher is supersticious (spel?). Hell, he carried his daughter's hairbrush in his overalls for 5 seasons :heh:

Ha I knew you'd pick vettel, simply on the basis that he was friends with Kimi haha.

And the number 3 thing is just to do with the fact the Schumacher is supersticious (spel?). Hell, he carried his daughter's hairbrush in his overalls for 5 seasons :heh:

haha what can I say!... I'm so transparent :D

I do genuinely like Vettel though!

Ah yeah I'd heard he didn't like even numbers or something, but if it means that much to him, that would have been one really nice psychological advantage for Rosberg to have kept!!

Hows about you Goron, who you backing?

Are you sticking by Ferrari largely, or Vettel, or Schumi... or just a neutral this season?

haha what can I say!... I'm so transparent :D

I do genuinely like Vettel though!

Ah yeah I'd heard he didn't like even numbers or something, but if it means that much to him, that would have been one really nice psychological advantage for Rosberg to have kept!!

Hows about you Goron, who you backing?

Are you sticking by Ferrari largely, or Vettel, or Schumi... or just a neutral this season?

Well I've supported Ferrari since Spain 98 (my first race :love:) and have loved them ever since. HOWEVER i must admit, it hasn't been the same since Ross and Schumacher left and I threw my Ferrari flag away the day Schumacher announced his comeback. Schumi all the way, he's a total legend and has mad skillz. That said I did put money on Vettel but mainly due to the decent odds...so yeh either of the Germans haha :D

With Alonso at Ferrari I'll definitely be supporting them next year. Always backed him since his F3000 days so not going to stop now. Other than that I hope Vettel does well as he's probably the coolest person in the sport since Kimi left, also will be hoping for a decent season from Lotus even though I don't like either driver.

Yeah Trulli and Heikki is such an uninspiring team! Didn't realise you were such a big Alonso fan will'!

Also, isn't this a great picture!

1zfmp9l.jpg

Think that was my favourite time in F1, between 2003-2005, everything just seemed perfect!

Shame Montoya didn't get on well at McLaren, F1's so short of characters these days, he'd have been a welcome addition on the grid!

Edited by Retro_Link

I'm staying neutral, as always, this season. I haven't supported a driver and team since Damon Hill and Williams when I was younger, I even remember crying when Schumi ran him off the road in '94 (I was only 8 though, lol). I do like Schumacher and think he's a living legend but after being a Hill fan in my younger days I find it impossible to support him.

I do like to back the underdog though so I would like to see Lotus and Virgin do well this year. I've always been keen to see Williams and Force India (formerly Jordan) succeed. Although, I don't know who I 'want' to win the title this year, but if I had to choose, I would probably back Massa, purely because he is an awesome talent, a very nice chap and is worthy of the title in his career. He was SO unlucky in 2008 with all the team f-ups.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!