NEurope
ipaul

Annoying trends.

So it's a new decade and with a new decade comes the unspoken obligation for advertisers to drastically change what we eat, wear, listen to and watch.

Which trends do people here really want to see disappear?

Where did they even come from?

They're so fucking stupid it's hard to form any arguments against them.

I'd like to see an end to the relentless talent show reality tv shows. ie xfactor, got talent, dancing things etc etc. what a load of shite. cringeworthy.

Choze posting would be a nice disappearance from 2010.

Also, war anyone?

Yeeeeah, give peace a this decade my peeeeeeps.

And stuff.

Also this twat who keeps writing sentences on new lines.

Oh come on, Choze is unintentional comedy gold. You know N-E would be a darker place without him ;)

The talent shows I completely agree with. There was one to find the best Elvis lookalike, I men for fuck's sake, really?

Edited by ipaul

And where the hell did Ugg boots come from?

I feel like a 50 year-old when I walk down streets now'er days.

These old bones of mine...

I see nothing good about Ug boots what so ever.

I assume theyre for fashion, but look absolutly horendous.

They can't be used in winter because they'd get wet and ruined.

I don't mind Ugg boots....think some girls look well fit with them lol.

Hate the super skinny jeans.....and I'm talking about the SUPER skinny ones here. Awful.

What the hell is wrong with people going out in their Pjamas now?

Is it just my area, or have you noticed girls going to the supermarkets and shops in them?

Is it just my area, or have you noticed girls going to the supermarkets and shops in them?

I wouldn't have pointed it out, but now that you mention it, that does seem to happen often. I'm pretty indifferent to it though.

I wouldn't have pointed it out, but now that you mention it, that does seem to happen often. I'm pretty indifferent to it though.

It doesn't bother me, its just getting more and more frequent.

Ugg boots are horrible, yeah. A fitting name for a type of shoe.

Also hate Bug-Eye glasses on girls (men don't wear them, but if they did, it would be just as bad).

Paris-Hilton-Dior-Glossy-1-2.jpg

Those glasses have never annoyed me so much as they do in that photo. I think part of me just died inside.

Am I now okay to go out in just a dressing gown?

My dreams of being Arthur Dent might one day become true...

Those glasses have never annoyed me so much as they do in that photo. I think part of me just died inside.

I think they're magnified in awfulness by Paris Hilton's prescence. Her tiny, strange, flat face is absorbed by the glasses, making her look like a fly.

I'm indifferent to ugg boots. Because I'm a bloke and therefore couldn't give a flying fuck about footwear.

So long as they fit my feet and keep them safe from the hazards of weather and nature, and also provide a decent utility within the pertained conditions e.g wellington boots when wading through mud, I'll have them.

Super skinny jeans, you say? I'll have no qualm with fit young ladies wearing them. Men wearing them, however, can just fuck off with them!

Reality TV shows can get to fuck, as well. The more radical and potent ones came in the last decade so let's see the end of the deluge we are stuck with. Within which we can have half-decent telly and the Christmas No. 1 slot back so everybody wins. :santa:

Edited by Roostophe

Ugg boots are the most comfortable shoes in existence and are WATERPROOF.

bug eyed sunnies are teh awesome for blocking out the sun. And probably hiding a hangover - hence popularity =P

To be fair, I used to hate ugg boots, then I got some, now I like them. Given I only like the simple ones, none of this neon/fluffy/loads of buttons everywhere crap. Just normal comfy boots. Grr

Things I'd like to see gotten rid of..

- 80's style.

Sorry who the feck thought this was a good idea? I remember remarking on this in HWYD a while back, shoulder pads are hideous, I tried on a simple jumper the other day and low and behold it had shoulder pads in it concealed. why?!?!?!?! WHEN HAVE I EVER NEEDED SHOULDER PADS IN A JUMPER YOU IDIOTS!

yeah it ticks me off slightly, crime against clothes tbh.

Big brother.

Piece of shit. Nuff said.

X factor.

Now I don't mind people getting fame and blah blah blah, but using x factor to do it just pisses me off, thousands of other people have managed to become famous without simon glaring at you and clapping like an idiot on speed, so why suddenly is it the only way to get a number one (bar people setting up a facebook group and topping the number one.).

GAH!

yeah. done. ish

Nope, not just yours. My area go out in their pyjamas too. It's well weird.

At first, everyone thought it was for charity when we saw them walk in the shop first and then I saw a woman give the girl a pound and ask "Are you doing this for charity?" and the girl said "No, I just can't be arsed to change." The woman took her pound back and walked on.

WTF? You can't be arsed to get changed, lol. I've seen them up Solihull Touchwood as well in pyjamas. At first I thought it was my eyes and that it was a top that looked like nightwear and then I got close and found out it was.

92218307_o.jpg

Ecko wear. I want them to vanish off the face of the earth. I see them all the time around my area and it's so depressing to look at! I want hoodies like the one in the picture gone. I don't mind so much in the winter when it's cold but when it's boiling hot?

They think it makes them look hard and cool or something but it just makes them look prats to me.

They're perfectly good bits of kit, though. It's smug iTwats that need to fuck right off, please.

They're perfectly good bits of kit, though. It's smug iTwats that need to fuck right off, please.

I'm talking about the people who want them simply because they're the "in" thing to have.