N-Europe

Random Question: Ganondorf or Mace Windu?

Falcon_BlizZACK

Ganondorf!

Windu's lightsaber was purple because Samuel El Jackson asked for a different colour to all the others so that he could identify himself in the battlescenes when the view was at a distance... it would've been standard colour otherwise.

I watched an interview with him explain that prior to the movies release.

Windu's lightsaber was purple because Samuel El Jackson asked for a different colour to all the others so that he could identify himself in the battlescenes when the view was at a distance... it would've been standard colour otherwise.

True.

Yeah, but there's also an in-story backstory to the purple saber. Basically his fighting style is one that others who tried to master it, fall to the darkside.

George Lucas then decided to create a back story, and allow ridiculous colours such as yellow and orange lightsabers. I think there are other purple lightsaber users as well, though I can't confirm my suspicions.

The thing with Mace Windu unless you're a star wars nerd (me) then you don't really know much about him. He plays a very small part in the films and it doesn't really do his character much justice.

lol grunch win.

Ganondorf gets my vote because in OoT he was probably the most successful Nintendo villain ever. Gaining control of Hyrule for like... 7 years before the Hero of Time grew old enough to fight back. Most of the time Nintendo villains just kidnap the princess for 3-4 days until you get enough stars or whatever. Think of the misery of those 7 years, how many people will have died, how much of an easy, laid back tyrannical rule he must have had.

lol grunch win.

Ganondorf gets my vote because in OoT he was probably the most successful Nintendo villain ever. Gaining control of Hyrule for like... 7 years before the Hero of Time grew old enough to fight back. Most of the time Nintendo villains just kidnap the princess for 3-4 days until you get enough stars or whatever. Think of the misery of those 7 years, how many people will have died, how much of an easy, laid back tyrannical rule he must have had.

Buuuut...none of it ever happened. :p

Ganondorf, though, definitely. Mace Windu hardly seemed all that important, but then again I'm not much of a SW fan, having seen most of the films only once. I feel less strongly about Ganondorf's character with each of his subsequent occurrences. I think villains should eventually just be killed rather than constantly 'sealed away'. Seems a bit silly.

Buuuut...none of it ever happened. :p

Shit, I completely forgot that.

Well... it still sort of proves he had the capability. Unlike Bowser, who is kind of like Bart Simpson when he kept trying to grab that electric cupcake.

The timeline splits (not my own theory, this has been confirmed by the Zelda people). Wind Waker is the continuation of the adult timeline in which Ganondorf has been sealed away in the Sacred Realm. Twilight Princess is the continuation of the child timeline in which Ganondorf is captured before he can do anything to Hyrule, but because of the adventures (as evident by the ending scene in Ocarina of Time in which Link and Zelda are in the courtyard, the Triforce of Courage visible on Link's hand), the three still have their pieces of the Triforce, including Ganondorf, which is the "divine intervention" that results in the Sages being unable to execute him.

Ahhh love that good ole Zelda lore. How I cream for an OOT directors cut that goes a little bit deeper in content and shows more of life under the seven year Ganondorf reign; awakening volvagia, his relation with the other Gerudo etc.

The lack of depth and serious interest by the developers kills me.