NEurope
or else you will DIE

Rage Against The Machine Xmas No. 1 2009

add some jingles to Killing In The Name, and you got yourself a perfect christmas song.

add jingles to anything and will turn into a christmas song

Lets face it. Christmas songs are shit because they're positive (except Fairytale). Nobody wants to be positive at Christmas. Christmas is all about shitty family obligations that you hate...yes?

Name a good one!! :weep:

Bing Crosby- White Christmas. Love that song :p

John Lennon - Happy Xmas

Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas Time

Wham - Last Christmas

Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?

Love all of them, good songs!

Fairytale of New York- The Pogues. Done.

This! How didn't anyone think of this in the first place. This would be a perfect Christmas Number 1 of 2010.

Lets face it. Christmas songs are shit because they're positive (except Fairytale). Nobody wants to be positive at Christmas. Christmas is all about shitty family obligations that you hate...yes?

Hmm

paul-weston-photo_432x324.jpg

The Pogues sounds good to me! I'd buy for sure! Brilliant song, brilliant band and it actually fits in with Christmas.

Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?

Seriously? People actually like that piece of crap? Don't get me wrong here, the money it raised for charity was a good thing. However it's a patronising piece of crap that really deserves to be archived and forgotten about.

BUT ITS NOT GOING TO SNOW IN AFRICA THIS CHRISTMAS!

Plattipus apparently this was the first download-only number one. My bad.

Yeah they have but I thought similar campaigns had been done before (just not at xmas) to see what they could do really. Guessing none of them got to number one. My bad :)

Speak for yourself, it's the one time of the year that My family is gathered in the same place and seem oblivious to the main reasons we never talk the rest of the year. The sole aim to eat as much food as possible before normality kicks back in!

Seriously? People actually like that piece of crap? Don't get me wrong here, the money it raised for charity was a good thing. However it's a patronising piece of crap that really deserves to be archived and forgotten about.

I know I'm sappy, but I just can't help loving charity songs and the like. I know it's patronising, but hey, it's still better than not helping at all, is it not? Spreading the love and all that. :) (I feel like I belong in the '60s or '70s. :p)

The first download only no.1 was Gnarls Barkely - Crazy.

This is the first DL only XMAS no.1.

My God.....

Where's that Picard spam picture?

You ask, and you recieve

picard-facepalm.jpg

Once again, i am pleased that the people have spoken out. X-Factor and Simon Cowell, please learn that people power is much better as a whole than Powell Power!!!!

Well fucking chuffed! I managed to have my dinner break from half six to seven, so I managed to tune into the announcement.

It's not necessarily about the song, but (to almost steal another track name) taking the power back. This year we had a truly exciting Christmas chart battle like the good old days. Tv said earlier this is the biggest battle since South Park's Chef took on the Spice Girls, top stuff. Proud of the interwebs, and anyone here who purchased.

Btw, favourite rage song is Township Rebellion. It's far from their strongest, but I can't help but love the tune.

Louie Walsh:

YOU always have novelty records at No1 for Christmas and Killing In The Name is nothing but that. Joe has nothing to worry about at all.

With all the fuss about Rage Against The Machine, people might fail to realise that Joe has still sold 450,000 records, which is phenomenal"

He will sell a million singles. I think The Climb will be one of the biggest-selling singles of next year. Besides, it's all about having a career - look at the albums chart.

ALEXANDRA BURKE, JLS and LEONA LEWIS have all come from X Factor and sold millions.

Joe will go on to sell a lot more albums than Rage ever have done. He's going to have a huge career. Missing out on No1 this week will not make a difference to his life.

Rage Against The Machine couldn't fill Wembley now. I think Joe will.

I wonder how he can be proud of himself.

Listening to the charts yesterday was painful. What were there, like six songs as a result of X-factor?

Please no more campaigns for Fairytale of New York to be number one, if I have to hear that fucking song one more time...

YOU always have novelty records at No1 for Christmas and Killing In The Name is nothing but that. Joe has nothing to worry about at all.

With all the fuss about Rage Against The Machine, people might fail to realise that Joe has still sold 450,000 records, which is phenomenal"

He will sell a million singles. I think The Climb will be one of the biggest-selling singles of next year. Besides, it's all about having a career - look at the albums chart.

ALEXANDRA BURKE, JLS and LEONA LEWIS have all come from X Factor and sold millions.

Joe will go on to sell a lot more albums than Rage ever have done. He's going to have a huge career. Missing out on No1 this week will not make a difference to his life.

Rage Against The Machine couldn't fill Wembley now. I think Joe will.

Best comment ever...

Please no more campaigns for Fairytale of New York to be number one, if I have to hear that fucking song one more time...

Word. I don't get the appeal of the song at all.

Word. I don't get the appeal of the song at all.

Its bleak...like Christmas.

Although yes its overdone.

I love how that person thinks that Joe's carreer is going to be more successful than RATM's. :laughing: If he is as successful as the X Factor winners in Denmark, he'll be forgotten in no time. Still, I don't know how popular Britain's winners become ... but it can't be much, can it?