NEurope
or else you will DIE

Rage Against The Machine Xmas No. 1 2009

I'm sure he loved it. Everything he's said all week has just been him playing it up. Fair enough, it's his job. I don't hate him for the X-factor (in fact, I think he's ace at what he does), I hate the mindless hordes who buy it.

So Simon Cowell phoned the Facebook group founders today?

What a cock.

Started saying how it made things "interesting".

i missed this - what did he say?

I'm sure it will be soon enough. They'll be number one this week and then drop sharply next week with Joe getting the number one. I don't think there's any big release next week unless I'm mistaken?

Queen and the Muppets are on!!

It was horrendous, seriously I thought it would be funny... it's just shit!

True...

The original of The Climb is now on, haven't heard it before, but no that I have it makes Joe's version seem even worse! Seriously, why choose a song that was originally released 9 months earlier, especially one that is clearly meant for a female.

Yeah, it was awful. Still, Muppets rock. :heh:

They clearly weren't aiming for musical talent, but I love it because it's so The Muppets. :p

They clearly weren't aiming for musical talent, but I love it because it's so The Muppets. :p

Na! Mrs Piggy is definitely a more slender, talented singer than Leona Lewis. :heh:

Facebook comment lol.

When a 17 year old is the "original" singer of ur song...u know u're nothin more than a novelty act.

but really, this whole shenanigans has gotten more (if controversial) publicity for the xfactor, so i can see why he's happy :P

I don't think it has really... I mean, it's already a 10 million viewer strong.

It's already well known to those who enjoy it and hate it.

God I hate it.

Rage Against The Machine Gives BBC The Finger (Seriously)

RATM.jpg

Just like their music, Rage Against The Machine's timeless attitude got them another controversial performance.

The band was performing their 1992 hit single "Killing In The Name" on Radio 5 Live, when vocalist Zack de la Rocha well, ended the song the way it's meant to be played.

RATM is going head to head with The X Factor's "Joe Mc'Whatever The Fuck He's Called" for the number 1 Christmas single spot. A Facebook group with over 900,000 (and counting) members are spreading the word that they want Rage's "Killing In The Name" as the #1 single.

The band is giving all profits to their charitable fight against homelessness, they even have PAUL MCCARTNEY on their side. Read more about the fight for tr00ness over at Rockpit (who are also credited for the video below)

All I can say is that, no matter how much time passes and how far these guys drift, give them a spot to perform and they'll blow you away.

Tom's smile right before they played the song, says it all.

http://www.themetalreporter.net/2009/12/rage-against-machine-give-bbc-finger.html

Awesome.

First or second, do you think Radio One will play it? Or is there a censored/different worded version?

First or second, do you think Radio One will play it? Or is there a censored/different worded version?

surely you should know that there is "radio safe" or radio friendly versions of nearly every single released :P

surely you should know that there is "radio safe" or radio friendly versions of nearly every single released :P

Nicky Campbell didn't seem to know. I trusted him.

I haven't heard a censored version. Not sure if there is one. They might bleep it.