NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I always found it funny that he had to wear the iron boots in order to be able to sink to the bottom of lake or river yet was always carrying them to begin with.

Now I see why he beat Ganondorf - clearly got more than just the Master Sword up his sleeve!

Haha, in order to love Zelda, you do have to suspend your belief, I feel. I'm surprised he hasn't actually whipped out his twin and double-teamed Ganon at some point. It's going to happen. ;)

And what did they hold? Grass, pots and treasure chests, for the most part, and not a lot else, apart from the main islands, of course. The Wind Waker's overworld would certainly be my favourite if you didn't have to spend five minutes travelling to an island in the distance only to find there's nothing much there.

I agree with this so much. That was a huge disappointment for me with regards to the Overworld. It was great seeing an Island in the distance, but it was then a bit ":(" when you got back onto the boat in search of the next one. I know every single Island doesn't have to be interesting, but there probably should have been much more in terms of exploration. But then, that could be down to time constraints? Maybe Nintendo would have added more secrets on these smaller islands if they had a bit more time.

One of my favourite bits from Wind Waker was seeing the 3 statue islands shoot beams of light towards each other forming a triangle, with the tower of the gods rising up from the centre.
Yeah that was such an awesome moment!

I love the bit where Link returns to the statue... :grin:

Edited by Retro_Link

And what did they hold? Grass, pots and treasure chests, for the most part, and not a lot else, apart from the main islands, of course. The Wind Waker's overworld would certainly be my favourite if you didn't have to spend five minutes travelling to an island in the distance only to find there's nothing much there.

Don't ask me why but it's that makes it even better. It's exploration.

It's done perfectly here I found. There are no loading times at all to speak of to break up the time either so it really feels like one massive world.

granted some of the islands could be bigger and more dungeons.

Who think this might be announced at VGA 2009 in December?

if they do i will wear diapers all my life lol:grin:

at least i want to see Some info on the story, and some pictures from the Game what they did with the design and stuff

Who think this might be announced at VGA 2009 in December?

You won't hear nothing about Zelda Wii till E3 2010..and it won't be released till 2011 i'm guessing.

You won't hear nothing about Zelda Wii till E3 2010..and it won't be released till 2011 i'm guessing.

This. Christmas 2010 for release at the very earliest, but we all know how Miyamoto is with release dates. :p

I doubt very much they'll release Galaxy 2 and Zelda Wii at the same time. The former for xmas 2010, the latter 2011.

Fair enough, hopefully, I only said xmas because that's when Galaxy 1 was out.

Nah Galaxy 2 will be 'May 2010'..mark my words...it'll be the game to fill in a major gap around spring-summer. This Nintendo lark is all very predictable now..hehe :D

I really wouldn't trust anything that mag says. Anyways, I expect Zelda will have a major showing next year, and most likely playable, so it'll definately be 'a game to watch throughout 2010', whether it's released or not.

I think Christmas 2010 is quite a likely release date, what with Nintendo having said what they've said about Wii HD recently. So unless they're talking bull, we now know Zelda's not being held back for the launch of that console.

Personally I'd be happy waiting for Christmas 2011, as long as it's the definative Zelda! Though unfortunately I think my expectations go far beyond the Wii's technical capabilities! Damn you and your console strategy Nintendo!

I agree. It's a hard decision really concerning the sailing but that added to it for me, the ds version made it worse though. How do you make sailing more interesting? The ds version made the mistake of adding more battles but nah that doesn't help. You can't really and It would be a mistake to give the option of skipping.

Was the most calming and relaxing game in the series and I LOVE the graphics.

I totally agree with all of that. To me, the sailing in Wind Waker gets a thumbs up because, like Epona, it's "bolt-on" gameplay. Technically, you are still in control of Link the whole time. You can leave the boat at any time and swim around.

The sailing in Phantom Hourglass and the wolf/twilight sections in Twilight Princess, however, are what I call "side-set" gameplay. It enters totally different gameplay and thus doesn't feel satisfying.

One of my favourite bits from Wind Waker was seeing the 3 statue islands shoot beams of light towards each other forming a triangle, with the tower of the gods rising up from the centre.

That was a 'wow' moment.

That's my favourite moment too. The idea that these distant, tiny islands have been designed to communicate with each other and form a perfect pattern was more ambitious than anything I'd seen before in a game.

TRUE!

Another one would definitely be The Great Valoo suddenly appearing at the scene when Tetra and Link are being rescued from the glutches of Ganondorf.

Ganondorf: 'What the, Bird people?!?! Hey, get back with my, ......ow.....fuck.'

Valoo: 'IMA FIRING MAH LAZORRRR!!!'

and ofcourse the ultimate pownage moment at the end of the game!

...And those two too! Really, it's an outstanding game.

Don't ask me why but it's that makes it even better. It's exploration.

It's done perfectly here I found. There are no loading times at all to speak of to break up the time either so it really feels like one massive world.

granted some of the islands could be bigger and more dungeons.

I totally agree with all that too. When I finished it, I couldn't quite believe what an amazing game I had just played, and I mentally reviewed it. I thought "How far off perfection is it? And what was it missing?" I came to the conclusion that I'd like another big, "community" island, like Dragon Roost, but that's about it. I really would score it 98%, because I think said island would only make it 2% better.

Part of me would like to play a re-made, "complete" Wind Waker, but part of me thinks all the cuts accidentally made it a work of genius. For instance, maybe Great Fish Isle was meant to hold a dungeon, but would it still be so eerie and atmospheric if it did? Just a thought.

For instance, maybe Great Fish Isle was meant to hold a dungeon, but would it still be so eerie and atmospheric if it did? Just a thought.

I can see what you mean but getting the third pearl without doing a dungeon was the biggest WTF moment in the game in my opinion, very poor. It's a shame because including that dungeon and the equivalent dungeon later on (after Earth and Wind) + re-working the triforce hunt like they wanted... well, the game would have been a masterpiece. Big shame they decided to rush its release.

Flight? Interesting. I'll reserve judgement...

I really hope these Motion Plus innovations don't feel too tacked on. They should be seamlessly blended into the game. No need to turn Zelda into a box of gimmicks.

On the back of an eagle please, or a large owl like Kaepora, or Kaepora himself!

Or in a distant sequel to Wind Waker, hows about a dragon prince decendant of Valoo.

On the back of an eagle please, or a large owl like Kaepora, or Kaepora himself!

Or in a distant sequel to Wind Waker, hows about a dragon prince decendant of Valoo.

Oh yes! I like dragons, but there's definitely something appealing about the birds. A flying mount would be great, but I'd also be happy if Link had wings.

I know what'd blow me away, and that would be if you could take off anywhere, fly anywhere and land anywhere without any loading times or cutscenes. Now that really would be a way to seamlessly integrate flying.

Flight, eh? That's pretty cool. Link is the ultimate one man task force. Travelling on Land (Spirit Tracks, also with Epona), Sea (King of Red Lioooons) and Air. (don't suppose those flight sections in Twilight Princess count?)

I know what'd blow me away, and that would be if you could take off anywhere, fly anywhere and land anywhere without any loading times or cutscenes. Now that really would be a way to seamlessly integrate flying.
I'd spend the majority of the game just taking off and flying over the surface of the ocean or lake, kicking up those awesome spray trails. :santa:

I'm really digging the flight idea, so long as it doesn't feel like a gimmick. But it could be really interesting, and a quick way to travel around the place.

As long as it's not in a plane... they wouldn't be that stupid surely...?

This new Zelda is going to be very different that's for sure. Remember when TP was called "the last Zeda of its kind"? The change in Zelda Wii will be a lot more substantial than Link's method of transport.