NEurope
Dante

[SPOILERS!!] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

I think Zelda would become amazing for me if they just made the world a little bit bigger and a little more logical. It doesn't have to be boring, in fact it has to retain a lot of magic to prevent it from simply becoming Oblivion, but I want it to make a little sense. For starters, Hyrule is supposed to be a Kingdom, but in the last game it was just a little castle town in the middle of some extremely unreasonably broken up landscape. Would Ganondorf really need all this power and evil to take over Hyrule? I mean it only seems to have about 40 inhabitants, a tiny guerilla army could take over that country.

That's what I've been thinking. I don't think the flying is going to be very unrestricted. A hang-glider type thing, similar to the leaf in Wind Waker, but that allows you to travel further with less initial height could work.

That's a great idea. The Deku Leaf is one of my favourite items, because it could take you far, but you had to calculate it yourself. You had to see somewhere you wanted to go, control the wind correctly and choose wise starting points.

I also like your points about the freedom in Ocarina of Time.

Tingle will give link a hot-air balloon :D

That's actually a good idea! You could even call Tingle to pick you up in it!

Perhaps rather than taking place in Hyrule, the game will take place in a mountainous region, and the only way to get between areas will be flying.

That's another very, very appealing idea. The one thing I'm reluctant about is that if flying was the only way to get between areas, it wouldn't feel like they were really connected as much. I love the idea of a massive mountain range, though, with high bits, low bits, caves, tunnels, villages, snowy peaks etc.

But going back to the flying thing, as Retro_Link suggested, Kid Icarus-style Link would be my best bet.

Thinking about it, there's no reason why this Link couldn't be half-Ruto (and develop his wings halfway through the game).

I idea of roaming SOTC style bosses, as Hero' mentioned, has me most excited. I think that would be a fantastic change for the series, however ithe game would just be looked on as being late to the table and copying that game, so I'm not sure they's do it.

It would definitely be seen to be a copy if you had to find giants in the landscape, but perhaps there could be classes of mini-boss who gradually populate the land? Also, bosses could perhaps not have to stay in their chambers all the time. Some could chase you through the dungeon, some could break out of their dungeon and onto the lake etc, or break through the wall of the building and the battle continues outside.

and i want nintendo to use the full capacity of the Wii, graphics, movements Etc dual layered Dvd, because twilight princess even fitted on the Gamecube disc lol

i want voice acting in the game, only not for link tho.

beautifull soundtracks that makes zelda come to life, not remade, but really new Zelda magical music.

and i want really tough enemies, not only the bosses but just the enemies you meet in hyrule field, that makes it more challenging,

and i want to have more interaction with villagers, like helping them in mini missions sidequests, races, minigames, hidden dungeons and that villages getting attacked and you have the choice to save that village or keep going on your mission, and the village will be destroyed and taken over and the people will be captive in a hidden dungeon, so that you can still save them, :P

sorry i have a big imagination lol i always get like that when a new zelda is anounced i dont know why

Will E3 be mind blowing? It will!

well having a major mario,a major zelda and metroid at one e3 can't be bad start. I recon it'll be better than last year on that alone.

I'll make a demand list and I'll be brutally honest with my opinion :)

1: nothing like the ds games

2: I don't REALLY want cel-shaded but not too dark either. Something in the middle would suit me fine.

3: has to be the most difficult zelda in years. I think the super guide would work perfectly for this game if implemented properly.

4: I know this sounds obvious but no multiplayer and no sidetracking gimmicks. yes We know you have motion now and now motionplus... Only use it when necessary though(you know like when link is flying :D) Don't use it in a "blow into the microphone to move smoke" ds way.

5: Change the formula a bit for gods sake. the reason majora's mask is so good was because it was honestly as different as a sequel could be to OOT.

6: going back to majora's mask, I want the towns to feel alive again.

7: If you're going to do a story do it right if not then do a mario... Not halfarsed.

8: Orchestrated soundtrack......You won't get away with it for 25 years you know.

All this aside I really think this zelda will deliver. I hope for it to do what mario galaxy has done for mario. Hopefully it will be the best wii game ever.

Edited by mcj metroid

The one thing is though, a Dual Layered DVD doesn't necessarily mean better graphics. It just means more graphics (among other things).

I'll go along with The-chosen-one's and mcj metroid's lists as well. I'll add one more...

1. MAGIC. And I don't mean a magic meter. TP didn't have that magical touch. Wind Waker was full of it.

I actually wouldn't mind a return to cel-shaded. Wind Waker is the most beautiful and visually stunning Zelda game in my opinion. I'd happily see what the Wii can do with that style. Mind you I did like the dark aspect of Majora's Mask.

Get the epic storyline and qualities of OOT, the dark, twisted and different qualities of MM, the magic and freshness of WW and the, err.. maybe excellent dungeon locations from TP. Mix it all together and you should end up with Zelda Wii. (with an alterned gameplay mechanic that Aonuma keeps talking about)

1. MAGIC. And I don't mean a magic meter. TP didn't have that magical touch. Wind Waker was full of it.

I used to think of TP like that. But then I really, thought about the game. Each little bit, from the beginning to the end. As I was looking back at it in more detail, I honestly think the game did have that magic. It was just different from the previous games in little ways. It didn't feel quite like the same hyrule.

I want a pink dragon in this game, I want guns as well in this game and also 500 dungeons, I also want hearts to be replaced by HP and magic with MP, and also have voice acting with famous actors doing them.

Am I doing it right?

I used to think of TP like that. But then I really, thought about the game. Each little bit, from the beginning to the end. As I was looking back at it in more detail, I honestly think the game did have that magic. It was just different from the previous games in little ways. It didn't feel quite like the same hyrule.

It has a lot of magic in the game, but don't tell that to the ones that curse the game like it was the worst thing ever made, they will still deny it.

Edited by killer kirby

It has a lot of magic in the game, but don't tell that to the ones that curse the game like it was the worst thing ever made, they will still deny it.

Who curses TP like it was the worst game ever made?

Compared to the other 3 Zeldas it wasn't great. Certainly the weakest in terms of reviews and public reaction to it. You should get over this whole attitude of 'everyone hates TP but they'll soon come crawling back when the new Zelda comes out'. TP isn't as well loved because it isn't as good as the other three. Still an excellent game though. But in contrast with other Zeldas, 8.8 sounds about right.

8.8 really depends on the scale being used though.

You'd be surprised how many people on mainstream gaming websites still consider it to be one of the best Zelda games ever made though. I'm not saying it was better than the others, but if it was the worst, it wasn't the worst by much.

I'll go along with The-chosen-one's and mcj metroid's lists as well. I'll add one more...

I actually wouldn't mind a return to cel-shaded. Wind Waker is the most beautiful and visually stunning Zelda game in my opinion. I'd happily see what the Wii can do with that style. Mind you I did like the dark aspect of Majora's Mask.

Get the epic storyline and qualities of OOT, the dark, twisted and different qualities of MM, the magic and freshness of WW and the, err.. maybe excellent dungeon locations from TP. Mix it all together and you should end up with Zelda Wii. (with an alterned gameplay mechanic that Aonuma keeps talking about)

Magic is very true. I kinda thought twilight had a little. It's lacking in a lot of handheld titles mostly but wind waker had the most.

Being honest I'm picky with my console zelda comments. They do usually deliver.

Eiji Aonuma is saying that Twilight Princess will be a 'starting point' for the new Zelda.

"With Twilight Princess, we challenged ourself to create the most vast and realistic world the series had ever seen, but we don't feel that we were able to fully complete this objective. With that as a starting point for our improvements to the series in the future, we are of course working on a new game for Wii."

"For any game to be remembered for a long time, just like Ocarina of Time was, the game must give the strong impression that it has set a new starting point for future sequels to build upon. We are working to further improve upon the experiences found in Twilight Princess so that our future games can realize these innovations."

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/105/1053034p1.html

Edited by LostOverThere

I want a pink dragon in this game, I want guns as well in this game and also 500 dungeons, I also want hearts to be replaced by HP and magic with MP, and also have voice acting with famous actors doing them.

Am I doing it right?

You want Oblivion. :) If you have a 360 or PS3, buy that game. It's a great game, awesome game, a masterpiece really. But it's not Zelda. And I don't think Zelda should be like Oblivion. Maybe the overworld could be like it (Zelda's world is made of plastic next to Cyrodiil), but not the game itself.

Eiji Aonuma is saying that Twilight Princess will be a 'starting point' for the new Zelda.

"With Twilight Princess, we challenged ourself to create the most vast and realistic world the series had ever seen, but we don't feel that we were able to fully complete this objective. With that as a starting point for our improvements to the series in the future, we are of course working on a new game for Wii."

"For any game to be remembered for a long time, just like Ocarina of Time was, the game must give the strong impression that it has set a new starting point for future sequels to build upon. We are working to further improve upon the experiences found in Twilight Princess so that our future games can realize these innovations."

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/105/1053034p1.html

Bit of a nothing quote and article, again.

But at least they recognise the problems with TP

You want Oblivion. :) If you have a 360 or PS3, buy that game. It's a great game, awesome game, a masterpiece really. But it's not Zelda. And I don't think Zelda should be like Oblivion. Maybe the overworld could be like it (Zelda's world is made of plastic next to Cyrodiil), but not the game itself.

I think it was more a mocking of us making wish lists which, in his eyes apparently, seemed unrealistic.

I know, I got that (hence the "Zelda doesn't have to be Oblivion" comment), but Oblivion just happens to be just like he described. :heh:

I know, I got that (hence the "Zelda doesn't have to be Oblivion" comment), but Oblivion just happens to be just like he described. :heh:

Ah, but I don't think Oblivion has anything to do with it. He doesn't necessarily want those things. He was just parodying us dreamers. :heh:

To all the haters of Twilight Princess: play the game again.

Meh, I tried. It's a game that gets progressively worse, though.

For the new Zelda, surely they will waste more time in making sure whatever new ideas they have can be fully implemented from the beginning (and I don't just mean making them functional, I mean making sure they are fun and decently versatile, unlike the situational command rod. Even the clawshot was more situational in TP than in previous games).

Hopefully, they'll also remove little annoying details like "YOU FOUND A RED RUPEE! THAT'S WORTH 20!", or the inability to change night into day.

Honestly, TP had plenty of good ideas, but bad execution. I have a good feeling this new one won't make that same mistake.

i really liked twilight princess, the story and the gameplay was breathtaking i liked it, i only missed the Fantasy in it like in Ocarina of time and majoras mask,

if they going for cel-shaded again, i dont want the big headed link back, but he has to look more like twilight princess but then in cel-shaded if they did that i would love it, but not how they done link in wind waker, but if prefer twillight princess style graphics, with the fantasy story of Ocarina of time and majoras mask, i love magick in zelda, it makes link his looks very tough and awesome,

dins fire attacks, stuff like that Farores Wind then also as wind attacks and nayrus love as a special shield around you or around the people that are attacked to give them 30 seconds to be protected so that you have more time to save them

and the ocarina fluit i want that back, its a piece of link, and this time around give the final boss the 2 triforces Power and Wisdom, so that it would be almost impossible for link to defeat him, put that final boss above ganondorf that would be an awesome zelda, a very long game again, and finaly i want Dark link back, he is the best, i jumped of my chair when i fought against dark link the first time in ocarina of time, coolest villain ever.

Maybe in content but a single area in Zelda has more charm and personality than the whole of Cyrodiil.

Meh, I tried. It's a game that gets progressively worse, though.

For the new Zelda, surely they will waste more time in making sure whatever new ideas they have can be fully implemented from the beginning (and I don't just mean making them functional, I mean making sure they are fun and decently versatile, unlike the situational command rod. Even the clawshot was more situational in TP than in previous games).

Hopefully, they'll also remove little annoying details like "YOU FOUND A RED RUPEE! THAT'S WORTH 20!", or the inability to change night into day.

Honestly, TP had plenty of good ideas, but bad execution. I have a good feeling this new one won't make that same mistake.

I'd still argue that it's because you compare it to the other Zelda's (which is natural, of course). If you look at TP by itself, it's still a truly great game.