N-Europe

What multiplayer games are worth having?

Eenuh

Here's an odd idea that occurred to me - if you have two GameCube/Classic controllers how about downloading something for the Virtual Console or WiiWare? I used to love playing 2-player scrolling beat-em-ups on my Megadrive! How about Golden Axe (short, but you can get the actual coin-op on the Virtual Console Arcade) or Streets of Rage 2?

Grazza's idea is awesome. Streets of Rage is awesome :grin:

Punch Out is £20 pounds on Amazon, which is a pretty good price, but i've heard from a mate that it's £7.50 instore at ASDA (along with Metroid Prime Trilogy for £15). I'll definately be checking this out tomorrow, so can confirm this then.

Went to two local ASDAs today, neither of which had either game :sad: I'll be going to a third tomorrow, so hopefully i'll know then.

ASDA is faillllllll :angry:

No cheap Punch Out then I assume?

Also, the idea of Virtual Console games is quite a good one, as I don't really have own any yet heh. Don't have any classic controllers but I'm sure there's some games that use GC controllers too. Will have to look into them. Puzzle games would be great for me. =)

I might look into New Super Mario Bros, even though it's not the type of game I like to play on my own. Mario Kart is almost a definite, Boom Blox might be likely, Wii Sports Resort is on my to buy list... Mario and Sonic is a possibility maybe. And those shooter like games, I never play them but I know Jim loves them heh.

Oh and I'd love to own a game like Guitar Hero, but it's a bit expensive to get the instruments. I'm not sure I've even seen it in stores here and I'm not sure UK stores would ship it to Belgium. =(

Edited by Eenuh

my local asda has punchout in thier 2 for £25, has never been £7.50 tho.

with New Super Mario Bros, does anyone know if you can play with the classic controller or gamecube controller? I have 2 wavebirds and a classic controller, but only 2 wii motes, so if you can't I may need to get another 2 wii motes, making it a very expensive job!

For the Wii, I recommend Metroid Prime Trilogy. And Mariokart. And New Mario Bros.

If you wanna use the backwards compatibility I can recommend:

F-Zero

Timesplitters: Future Perfect

Soul Calibur 2

Beach Spikers

For VC I'd say Gunstar Heroes and Street Fighter.

Boom Blox might be likely

Speaking as a person who has had both Boom Blox titles, I can say they are awesome. Didn't get to try much of the multiplayer mind you but the game does have a hefty amount of content for both single and multiplayer play. And the second one has quite a bit of downloadable levels as well so there's always new stuff to try from others or if you fancy trying your hand at making your own levels. Can be frustrating at times though but they're good games.

As for Guitar Hero, if it's only the guitars you're interested in, I'd say get Flink to have a look in HMV. Last few times I've been into my local, they've had Guitar Hero 3 for cheap with the guitar.

Speaking as a person who has had both Boom Blox titles, I can say they are awesome. Didn't get to try much of the multiplayer mind you but the game does have a hefty amount of content for both single and multiplayer play. And the second one has quite a bit of downloadable levels as well so there's always new stuff to try from others or if you fancy trying your hand at making your own levels. Can be frustrating at times though but they're good games.

As for Guitar Hero, if it's only the guitars you're interested in, I'd say get Flink to have a look in HMV. Last few times I've been into my local, they've had Guitar Hero 3 for cheap with the guitar.

I've been looking at Guitar Hero on Amazon. I could get Guitar Hero 5 with guitar (and apparently they'll throw in Guitar Hero: World Tour for free?) for £70/€82. Hmm. Sounds super expensive haha. I played Guitar Hero 3 though and I'm not a fan of most of the songs on there, so don't know if I'd enjoy it.

Nope :weep:

Although i did later purr-chase it from HMV along with Lego Star Wars for £30, and got a £10 pounds off voucher in the process :D

Score :yay:

Just incase anyones interested: Punch Out is £17.99 from HMV online.

-------

I used to have loads of fun playing Lego Star Wars round my cousins; It might be an idea for a multiplayer game for you..?

:)

Hehe, I've already got GH3, and we've played a fair bit of it. It would seem a bit silly if we both got that, I think? However, World Tour on the other hand...if we could get a great deal on that, I would be happy. Been after that for a long while.

new super mario bros wii is up there with the best of them :)

Don't say stuff like that, it's only been out a very short time, give it a while and after the novelty wears off see if you still enjoy it, THEN you can say it