NEurope
Dyson

Xpert Eleven: Season 11

Lost my match 4-3. I had a tiny chance to get relegated with a bit luck in other player's matches but I think it's over now.

I was surprised to see that it says I didn't prepare for a formation. I was sure I did and I even guessed correctly. Wouldn't have cared if I got crushed but with that close scoreline it might have mattered.

Gah, I went one up and then threw it away. And I'm down to 3rd place. Still got a load of hard games to come. Seems like I had my best form at the start of the season, then dwindled in the middle with my easier games and I'm now going downhill...

Hopefully I can still manage to finish in 2nd. Will have a good change report though and a got a wad of cash in the piggy bank.

I got an everyday event today:

Margrott Lyall appears as a guest on a national radio talk show. He comes across as extremely dim-witted and dull. Excerpts from the show are soon on the internet and people all over the country are laughing at him. However, Margrott Lyall is extremely dim-witted, and is unaware that people are making fun of him, and his form is unaffected.

Poor Margrott :grin:

Bah, I need to field a youth team of some sort, but I can't really afford to lose any of my last few games if I want to be promoted :(

What... What are we waiting for?

To see what kind of hell Oddy breaks loose next season.

premier-league-badge.gif

Roostophe Rovers 1-1 Dysonism F.C

Matches between these two teams have customary been high scoring affairs but this season they have played out two 1-1 draws. Both teams haven't really hit their full stride this season, with this being especially true of current champions Rovers. Rovers therefore wanted to win this game against their old rivals, they set out a 3-4-3 formation and went after Dysonism. The 1st half was very tight Rovers sneaked ahead 1-0 as Mazzoleni shot in a goal from the 6 yard box. Rovers looked threating but Dysonism's defense was also impressive, Rovers who have been so unlucky with injuries this season lost another player early in the 2nd half. Tartara who was looking for his 2nd goal in his opening season had to be stretchered off after falling very akwardley after a botched shot attempt. Dysonism only played 1 striker with caution in mind not attack but with 9 minutes left Garcia headed in his 3rd ever goal for Dysonism. Rovers were stunned and could not respond, this was a vital win for Dysonism who still retain an advantage over Rovers in their relegation battle.

Happenstance FC 2-1 Essex Elites

Happenstance threw their dice on the table playing 4-3-3 as they sought to gain revenge on the Elites and climb up the table. Things started well as Alejo broke away from the Elites defense and put Happenstance ahead after 12 minutes. However the Elites are not in the top half of the division by chance and the youth Sharpe scored his first ever goal for the Elites with a shot range shot that ricocheted in off the post. Spajic who has been in awesome form recently, shone yet again as he set up Alejo for the winner, a shot from a curling corner. Elites played 4-5-1 and had no response as the minute ticked away. Happenstance are charging forward after the Elites and maybe higher positions, the Elites have had a great season but would have wanted a draw from this game ideally, even if it isn't their style!

Madpool 3-1 Secret United

Madpool severely hurt United's title chances while clinging on to a shot at survival with an impressive win over United. Madpool rushed out the blocks and shocked travelling United fans as they scored twice within the first 15 minutes. Book headed in an Ullathorpe cross after a mere 2 minutes, this was followed by Book returning the favor and setting up Ullathorpe with a cross that he tapped in from close range. Madpool held this lead at the break, after the restart United tried to mount a come back when Rafaelinho poked an in swinging cross past the goalie. However on the 65th minute Kit the other United striker was sent off for a terrible mistime sliding tackle. Madpool took their chance as Hadley who was masterful in midfield back heeled the ball to Ullathorpe who smacked in a long range shot. Ullathorpe was injured on 79 minutes and left the pitch to a standing ovation from the home fans. Madpool didn't let him down and went on to hold out for the 3-1 win. United are dropping points at a crucial stage of the season but are still in line for a great finish, Madpool might not survive but are on a great run at the moment.

The Sixty Fourthers 0-0 Haden United

The 64s are in a weird position they seem to be to strong to be dragged down into the relegation battle but are to inconsistent to drive for the top spots. This game may have been a case in point, after being the only team so far to beat Haden United at their home ground you would have thought 64s would have really gone for the home win and complete a great double. However the 64s played 5-4-1 which United were quite happy to sit back and stop the 64s single striker getting any space. The match was a rather boring one to this end with 2 chances for both teams as the game went on both seem content with a draw. The only notable thing that happened was Camconi left the pitch with a very serious injury maybe a break after an awkward fall in the 1st minute. His future may well be in doubt after that.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Madpool 3-1 Secret United, Madpool keeps their slim hopes of stay up alive while Secret United lose ground on Haden United.

Turned on the Style Award: Happenstance FC, looked like a force of nature when they attacked Essex Elites.

Player of the Day: Val Ullathorpe, Madpool, 2 goals and an assist great performance by the vetran.

coca-cola-championship.jpg

Emo Blades 2-1 Silverdale Hotpot

Blades up and down season continues with a nail biting victory over Silverdale. The Blades decided to play 5-3-2 but this formation seem to have been made a mockery of within 4 minutes as the over manned defense gave away a penalty. Hudson hit it home to put Silverdale 1-0 up. The Blades with their 3 man midfield failed to make any chances in the 1st half as Silverdale hunted for a 2nd. However the Blades pulled themselves together in the 2nd half and on the 70 minute mark Heimdal headed the ball in. The Blades stole possession from the restart and charged up the pitch and Shannonbridge a mere minute later scored from close range with his 1st of the season. Now the Blades formation choice was vindicated as Silverdale had nothing left to throw at the Blades. Both these teams hadn't been beaten for a while so for Blades to win was a nice momentum shift. They are both sides whose fate is far from decided at this point.

AFC Rez Rabies 1-2 Cubic County

Noone saw this one coming. With County on an unbeaten run many thought the County side may go for a 0-0 draw but when they came out playing 4-3-3 just as Rabies were the crowd were shocked. The game started on script as Rabies went ahead after 10 minutes via a coolly taken penalty. County were determined to attack and had a penalty of their own given, but star player Maupas blasted it over to the dismay of away supporters. The 2nd half started and Rabies fans seemed for once a little on edge, Rabies were making few chances and seemed worn out. Time was ticking on though and County were running out of chances, on the 75th minute defender Dale took a pot shot outside the box and it somehow went in off the crossbar! For his first goal of the season. A minute after this County were awarded a corner that Dale hit in and was headed home by Harley. Rabies had nothing in response and surely the upset of the season occurred today. Countys unbeaten run carries on and could a resurrection be occurring? Rabies are still in command but are not invincible.

DuDs Baggies 1-1 Edd Kirby Athletic

The Baggies winless run continued as a determined Athletic took a point from the Baggies at their home ground. Playing 3-5-2 Baggies tried to suffocate their opponents in the midfield. This was interesting as Athletic played 4-3-3 meaning the difference between the two midfield's was a large one. This resulted in Baggies having 60% possession but in the end only 1 more chance than Athletic with 7-6. One of the first of these chances was a controversial penalty for Athletic that was saved by the Baggies goalie. The referee was given a bad report by both managers but equaled himself out by also giving Baggies a penalty. The young captain Elliot made no mistake and hit it in the top right corner. However moments before this the Baggies goalie was substituted for the youth goalie following an injury. Atheletics attack which lest forget had 3 strikers against 3 defenders, had been competent if not thrilling. However they took advantage of this weakness and goalie change when Bennington knocked in the ball from a set piece cross. Both these teams are having a ruff time of it at the moment and need some inspiration. This time last season Athletic seemed buried and had a wonderful end to the season. For the Baggies they just need 1 win to restart their campaign.

Mcoys Sons 1-2 Noodle Esporte Clube

Noodle have been a team that have quietly without the big results of Rabies been climbing up the table and placing themselves nicely as promotion contenders. They showed they meant business within minutes as Ferraz tore through the Sons defense for his 1st goal of the season. However this was a fast paced match and the Sons hit their own break away with in form Harris making it 1-1. It was Ferraz who was the difference maker as he put through Zakay who got the winner for Noodle. Results like this are really why the Sons are looking almost certain to go down and why Noodle are looking a safer bet each game to go up.

Analysis

Most Important Result: AFC Rez Rabies 1-2 Cubic County, amazing by County the on form side at the moment would be incredible if they stayed up, do Rabies have the strength to bounce back after this shock.

Turned on the Style Award: Cubic County, outgunned Rabies at the style of play they have been so proficient in.

Player of the Day: Oswald Dale, Cubic County, 36 year old defender was everywhere today helping County win with a goal and assist.

football%20league%201.gif

Soap Box Utd 3-0 Complete Domstercool

Soap Box Utd triumphed over a lackluster Domstercool. Soap Box played 4-4-2 but they could have easily gone with a more offensive line up. Despite this Soap Box dominated with 7 chances to 1 and 65% possession. Scoring came reliably through the match with goals and assists also being spread out. Bose set up the first two goals and did well dominating the midfield battle considering Domstercool were a man up. Rosando scored twice first with a header and then with a close range shot. Soap Box did what they had to do as they have most of the season, their promotion is nearing being academic. Their manager may wish to bring in some more youths to balance his squad and long term strategies, but the mangers talent this season has shone.

Dudezz 2-0 Martinists Men

These two managerless teams clashed with Dudezz winning through. Dudezz while not having a manager still has talent in their team. Hassall was supreme as Dudezz created more chances than the Men. Livett headed in a Hassall cross in the 1st half to make it 1-0. The Men made some chances in the 2nd half but Dudezz defender Hand was in excellent form and stemmed the tide. Hassall later set up Stone for a close range shot to close the match off. It is a shame both of these sides have been abandoned as they obviously have potential in many areas. Both of them along with Made of Win are at the bottom of the table because of their lack of tactics.

Eights United 2-1 Recall United

Eights United won a dramatic match to upset Recall United in a thrilling encounter. Recall United seemed determined to get a draw at least as they played 5-4-1 against the 3-5-2 of Eights United. This midfield advantage let Eights United create more chances in the first half and maybe because of the number of defenders, Recall United defender Whiteside headed the ball into his own net. After this Recall who are title contenders seemed alive to the need to score. They created chance after chance and were rewarded as Clooney lobbed the goalie from outside the box to make it 1-1. Recall kept coming forward but were unable to capitalize on the chances they had. Eights United supporters would have at this point loved a draw but in the dying moments of extra time Bentzen the rookie forward hit in his first ever goal for Eights United. The stadium gave a huge roar for the goal. Eights dream of promotion or at the least a wonderful first season carries on as Recall lose some vital points.

Made of Win 1-4 Jaffa Munchers

Jaffa Munchers rallied themselves to stop a abandoned Made of Win beating them. With the 1st half being quiet Munchers fans were nervous, these nerves were tested when Made of Win took the lead thanks to a O'Brien header on 61 minutes. This kick started the Munchers and Haky especially, who delivered two incredible crosses that were headed in to put the Munchers in the lead a mere 6 minutes later. Algazi then decided to score his first goals of the season with, two headers one of which was delivered by Haky. The promotion race is tense but the Munchers who had an awful start to the season seem to be ready for the fight.

Analysis

Most Important Result: Eights United 2-1 Recall United, proves the lower league has more depth in talent than it is given credit for.

Turned on the Style Award: Soap Box, their demolition job was the definition of style.

Player of the Day: Shai Haky, Jaffa Munchers, 3 assists inspired his team in a match they had to win.

Late again still catching up but I just can't keep to my promises so won't make anymore. The main thing is all the awards are still being counted for the end of the season so one thing is in order!

Edited by Haden

Cheers Haden :)

Np man :) hope you get a win for the next report hehe. Which at this rate will come out in febuary!

Edited by Haden

Woop! I get all three awards.

Serenity Valley (my Xpert Team) seem to be doing pretty well. We have two games left and I'm currently in 3rd (which I held on to by beating 4th place 4-1) and my team is steadily growing and the lowest average form is 12 and the only players who won't have 100% experience will by the two old 4-skill 27 year-olds which I just haven't gotten round to sacking yet.

I wonder how much Clark Rainford will be worth if he goes up by another skill point as expected. He's 19 and has a skill of 8 and is currently worth 20 milllion.

Wow, Soap Box, potential league winnner, lost against managerless Martinist Men 0_o

Domstercool also won against Recall United which is not good for me. I might end up at the bottom of the active ones despite a great first season. He's two points behind and I'm not playing next time and we both have one walkover and one hard match(I got number one and he's got number two)

Won my match against managerless Dudezz 5-0.

The player page tells me this player is worth just 30mill:

http://new.xperteleven.com/player.aspx?playerid=7918370&dh=1

But that's surely a lie - I'd think I'd get bajillions for him.

Guessed jayseven's formation and injured some of his players so the win was tasty.

Players from just two teams in the X11. *High fives ReZ*

Whoa, niiiiice. :D

I am really not looking forward to my match against you. Crushing 4-0 to Emo. A loss for me and win for you puts you dangerously...and...well uberexically close to snatching my first (deserved, arguably) league win.

5-5 wtf?!

Well I got resoundly thrashed and have slipped back down to shitposition! Gayfaces.

Mcoy has been making some pretty drastic mistakes starting from 2 seasons ago which have really bit him in the ass this season.

Mcoy was a little too late to test some changes so he'll see how he does next year, Mcoy thinks too many youth primarilly in the defence/goal keeper positions have caused him to conceed at least twice as many as an average team should due to average age and experience.

Mcoy is certain to be relegated now but it was half expected to not get promoted last season.

Crazy match for me today, 5-5

lol that was mental.

Think I win the league with that result unless Tin Can Club comes back to life.

I believe the draw was fair Mr Sixty4! Which is crazy and shows my team has matured enough to properly play against the big leaguers now as last season your team thrashed me!

In second place with 1 point and a game in hand against secret. Still not sure I'll keep it though. Hopefully away from relegation now though.

If I can get a draw from any of my last 3 matches, I can't be relegated! Sweet!

That's 7 league matches without losing. Which is over half of the season.

There's still a very slight chance of me escaping relegation, but I need to start winning.

Players from just two teams in the X11. *High fives ReZ*

Yet i still get (yet another) manager of the round ;)

Finally got my third win.

Yet I got another player injured in the match. Not the only one, though, check the press releases. :indeed:

Some questions about form training. When is it best to do it? Pre-maturely or when the form has dropped. For example if a player has 12 in current form and has an arrow pointing downwards. Should I train him now or wait until the form has dropped to 10 or lower? If a player has 8 in current form and has a arrow pointing upwards. Should I train him now or let the form increase by itself it that's possible?

Mcoy trains his form if his players are below 10 form, have a red arrow or are below 15 form for 16-20 year olds