BONEY.jpg

We7

Spotify: spotify:track:4RqLbQKtQFIjDL74sdbixp

---

Round 1

Match 1: Joy Division vs. Nine Inch Nails

Match 2: Patrick Wolf vs. Dashboard Confessional

Match 3: Daft Punk vs. Major Lazer

Match 4: Florence and the Machine vs. Fleet Foxes ?

Match 5: Sonic Youth vs. Boney M. ?

---

Get listening, then vote!

I'm voting for Rasputin but only because it did a little bit more for me than Skip Tracer but really I don't 'love' either song.

I really liked that Sonic Youth track which surprised me; when I've heard them in the past I've not been a fan. Whilst the Boney M song was fun, I wouldn't have it in my music library like I might have the SY track.

Sonic Youth win this one for me.

Neither track impressed me, and I'm a Sonic Youth fan (but I don't own Washing Machine).

I'll vote Sonic Youth though. Rasputin would have got my vote if it had been more concise.

Rasputin for me, I liked both songs but Rasputin entertained me more.

One of my choices! Yay!

Sonic Youth

I really liked that Sonic Youth track which surprised me; when I've heard them in the past I've not been a fan. Whilst the Boney M song was fun, I wouldn't have it in my music library like I might have the SY track.

Sonic Youth win this one for me.

The thing with Sonic Youth is that because they've been going for so long they have a lot of different sounds (although feedback and noise is a constant), and with three alternate singers there is a lot of variation. Like, I mainly skip over most of Kim Gordon's stuff.

I can't really vote as there's no version of Sonic Youth's song for me to listen to. =(

Youtube only has crappy live recordings which won't do the song any justice I bet.

The thing with Sonic Youth is that because they've been going for so long they have a lot of different sounds (although feedback and noise is a constant), and with three alternate singers there is a lot of variation. Like, I mainly skip over most of Kim Gordon's stuff.

I like Tunic. :cry:

Ra-Ra-Rasputin. You can't go far wrong with a song about Russia's Greatest Love Machine.

Rasputin

I always loved Rasputin / Anastacia (aka the film that should have been disney). Kinda cheesy and shite ultimately though.

Not a fan of the vocals on Skip Tracer.

Oooooh thanks, that site works! Had never heard of it. *adds to bookmarks* =D

Okay, after listening to both, I think I'm gonna go with Rasputin. Skip Tracer isn't bad, but I found it a bit too "samey". Though it was a close call as Rasputin is just sorta meh too (though it has that old classic sound to it heh).

Not really a fan of either. Certainly wouldn't have picked that track of Sonic Youth.

Probably will go for Rasputin as it's pretty interesting, if a little rubbish and cheesy

Oooooh thanks, that site works! Had never heard of it. *adds to bookmarks* =D

Okay, after listening to both, I think I'm gonna go with Rasputin. Skip Tracer isn't bad, but I found it a bit too "samey". Though it was a close call as Rasputin is just sorta meh too (though it has that old classic sound to it heh).

You thank me and spit on my choice in the same post. Uncool. :heh:

You thank me and spit on my choice in the same post. Uncool. :heh:

Hahah sorry! I didn't exactly spit on it though; I said it wasn't bad but it also wasn't that great either in my opinion. Sorry! =P

Hahah sorry! I didn't exactly spit on it though; I said it wasn't bad but it also wasn't that great either in my opinion. Sorry! =P

Seems like a fair comment to me, I didn't find either of the two tracks particularly amazing.

Sonic Youth. Neither song was great. Rasputin was more entertaining and while the Sonic Youth song is far from their best and sort of languished in the midst of mediocrity, I still found it enjoyable, slightly more so than Rasputin.

This is so very hard to choose. I can't say I was particularly thrilled with either. I'm with Dan-likes-trees...that Sonic Youth track wasn't great at all. :hmm:

As much as it pains me to say this, I'm going to have to vote for Rasputin. It pains me because listening to that song was like tearing my own intestines out from my feet.

Odders, sorry man. Sonic Youth are a good band, but I didn't like the song at all.