NEurope
Daft

Borderlands

When voucher codes work they are awesome. I decided to order borderlands with Spirit Tracks to use a £5 off £50 order discount. Will play with you when we both finish Spirit tracks then.

ok awesome! Yeah I finish work 15th for xmas and thats when I'm gonna hardcore hit some Spirit Tracks and then this! Look forward to it :bouncy: you got headset btw? no worries if not.

Nope, I haven't a headset I'm afraid. Though I could always look one up.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Just completed the DLC and I have to say it's the best part of the game.

I really enjoyed it too, although it was hugely flawed and there was no great loot (I would not have enjoyed it if I was already at level 50, it would have felt somewhat fruitless) - it definitely mixed it up by throwing much larger groups of enemies at you, which you could spray with fire with a quick round of SMG fire, then watch them burn. Plus I went from about lvl 41 to 46 just going through those missions.

i just picked it up at a rather reasonable 17.99

really liking it so far, its pushing me a bit, but always fair.

i fucking HATE claptrap though. who the fuck decided to make him that bit a twat?

I like Claptrap. "I'm dancin! I'M DANCIN!!!"

Just got the Platinum. Next DLC please!!

I like Claptrap. "I'm dancin! I'M DANCIN!!!"

i litteraly sat praying some one would come and rape him at that point.

Does get on your nerves a bit though. Reminding you ever 3 minutes that "There are new missions available at the Fyrestone Bounty Board!" Even though you outlevelled them ages ago and don't really want to bother with them.

News on next DLC;

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/12/08/new-borderlands-dlc-incoming/

Gearbox’s software creative director, @mikeyface, promised an announcement on Borderlands yesterday, but clearly something happened and it was held back. Well, Borderlands has just received new trophies which pretty much confirm that new downloadable content will be heading to the Role-Playing Shooter soon. Gaze at the lovely new silverware below:

Bronze

Small Tournament

Completed the lesser challenge in all 3 coliseums

Silver

Hell-Burbia

Completed the larger challenge in the Hell-Burbia coliseum

The Angelic Ruins

Completed the larger challenge in The Angelic Ruins coliseum

The Gully

Completed the larger challenge in The Gully coliseum

Gold

Big Tournament

Completed each of the larger challenges in all 3 coliseums

It is rather evident that the DLC will be focused around arena challenges. They were optional sidequests found in the original game which had you facing 2-3 waves of some truly badass enemies. There were fewer missions of these than I would have liked, so it’s great to see Gearbox expanding on it. I’m sure a formal announcement will be made soon, so keep your eyes locked to TSA for more about what I’m sure will be another piece of epic DLC.

Hmmm, not too sure about the sound of that new DLC. I want more like Zombie Island.

Hmmm, not too sure about the sound of that new DLC. I want more like Zombie Island.

Yeah even though my copy is still sat sealed on the shelf it does smack me as a very lazy and uninspired form of DLC although will quickly be out...

The guy was right in saying there should have been more arena sections, but paying extra for them is a no, unless it ends up going for a couple of quid. What do I care now? Sold it last week.

Unless they raise the level cap I doubt I'm going to pick up any more DLC unless it looks especially worthy, like Ned's Island which was epic.

157500-moxxie.jpg

Looks like someone (*cough* Fragland *cough*) jumped an embargo gun on the next bit of Borderlands downloadable content.

Called "Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot," the DLC will feature three new "Riot Arenas," along with new storage spaces. The storage spaces will allow you to store a ton of weapons without having to sell them and than later buy them back. Neat.

The DLC is said to be available on Xbox LIVE on December 29 for 800 MS Points, with a PlayStation Network getting the content on January 7 for $9.99. Oh, and it's coming to the PC, too.

While the validity of this info is in question (Fragland has since pulled the info), that circus chick is just too slutty for this not to be really. More like "MoXXXie," am I right guys!?

http://www.destructoid.com/madd-moxxi-s-underdome-riot-coming-to-borderlands-157500.phtml

One word springs to mind: Rawr.

I'm at about lvl 47. I might hold off until this comes out and use it to get to 50 :) Seems like a fitting way to finish off our Borderlands career.

One word springs to mind: Rawr.

I'm at about lvl 47. I might hold off until this comes out and use it to get to 50 :)Seems like a fitting way to finish off our Borderlands career.

It does unless they release more DLC next year and raise the level cap...

Borderlands arrived today. So I'm ready whenever you are flameboy.

oooooh awesome...I've got a bit of work to do tonight, but finish work tomorrow for xmas so anytime after that...

EDIT

Bit more info on the new DLC:

"Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot", the second batch of Borderlands DLC after "The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned", was announced just today, but it's already turning into a rather shaky enterprise. After a few scattered, embargo-breaking reports, we got an official, but uninformative, declaration of its existence. Hoping to clear up some confusion, Gearbox warchief Randy Pitchford sent out a friendly note:

This is an ENTIRELY NEW GAME MODE. Think [Halo] ODST's "Firefight" of Gears of War [2]'s "Horde Mode". Cash, prizes and competition! It's like Smash TV in co-op FPS, but in the Borderlands.

I have to admit that, while I really like Horde-esque modes in general (especially if the Horde consists of Baron Flynt and Sledge), "Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot" didn't really excite me the way the (excellent, by the way) "Zombie Island" DLC did. If you're in the same boat, this might bring you around: "This DLC expands greatly on the possibilities of combat as well adding a ton of new rules such as vampire mode or low gravity mode etc. This is not just deathmatch arenas."

Low gravity? That changes everything.

Let's be real for a second. I really like Borderlands (for what's it's worth, it's my favorite game of the year): I like Gearbox' quirky sense of humor and Borderlands scratches a very specific itch. I thought the "Zombie Island" DLC was really well done, and I don't have any reason to believe that the "Underdome Riot" won't be. I'm sure the marketing train will start rolling soon, and being the impressionable goon I am, I'll jump right on.

In addition to extra modes and potential Moxxi-on-Lillith-on-Modercai action, "Underdome Riot" also includes a new storage system so you hang on to all that sweet loot you've been collecting. Not that I really need it—with a rocket launcher that procs 4x incendiary and does 775 damage, everything else seems obsolete.

http://www.destructoid.com/mad-moxxi-dlc-for-borderlands-offers-entirely-new-modes--157525.phtml

157525-moxxihead.jpg

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost

Ignoring everything relevant until the end of that quote: am I the only one who finds all rocket launchers shit in this game? No matter how high the damage and elemental multiplier, they never seem to hit, dont make very big explosions and don't do much damage when they do. There's no real impact, most of the time I feel like my rockets went right through my target. And no, it's not just my aiming.

Grenades are similar, although a fire elemental bouncing bettie is pretty devastating to a group of zombies, for the most part they just don't have the same "pop" as in most games. I tend to think of a grenade as a "if you have the skill to get them with it, they die (or very nearly die)" kind of weapon in an FPS, but it's not the case with Borderlands.

New DLC sounds cool, wish it was out a bit sooner though :heh: