NEurope
Daft

Borderlands

Followed by my Purple ranking double SMG (purple ranked double SMGs are THE SHIT...

You seen a Quad SMG yet? Those things are a bloody disaster... for the enemy :laughing: High fire rates, good damage per shot but stupidly low accuracy (~30%). They burn through a clip in seconds but there's rarely anything left alive afterwards. I used one as my close range gun all the way up until New Haven.

:o I want one of those. First time I pulled out the double SMG it was so awesome. We were totally struggling with this one room, hidding behind metal barriers, dying repeatedly. Then I realised "oh hay, I have that purple SMG I just levelled up enough to use". I switched to that and just mowed the whole room down in one clip. It was jaw droppingly cool. It doesn't matter that it's low accuracy, that's almost the point, it's like a shotgun and machine gun combined.

Now I really want a quad one :heh:

Managed to nab this today by spending BD money. Should be good. I'll probably learn the ropes to start with and then any PS3er that wants to start a new co-op character can join in.

Started playing yesterday with a friend and we got to level 12 before we called it a day.

Great fun so far, playing as a hunter (throwing birds at people will never get tired) and if it was not for the fact that my friend is playing a Berserker it would have probably be twice as hard for me to play solo.

I find it a bit weird that when you finish a mission that gives you a weapon you get a random weapon.

Weird thing being that when we finished a mission that gave us a shotgun and sniper each, I got a blue shotgun and a white sniper while my friend got a white shotgun and a purple sniper.

Also during a mission where you have to find parts of a sniper to put together I got a white one while my friend received a purple one.... again.

Goafer brought this round at the weekend for me to try out, wasnt too impressed by it. Definately not one I would buy myself. Arrived today on rental though so i'll give it some more time both on and offline. Was starting to wind me up a bit earlier though.

Stick with it, personally I have enjoyed almost all of the 5 hours I've spent with it, and finding better weapons is so good. Snipers must be the most rewarding types of weapon and the process of upgrading is one I don't think I can tire of.

I'll give it a few more tries but I wont for as long as say a game I bought, id rather just send it back then hopefully get a game I enjoy more than spend hours hoping that I will start enjoying it soon.

Damn you Mundi! My copy's still not arrived :'( Well I guess I'll just fob about with randomers when it finally does arrive. I probably won't get many online hours in this month 'til me and the housemates pool together for this homeplug idea.

If it makes you feel any better I have no qualms in starting a new character when you manage to get online if level difference is the issue.

Thoroughly enjoying it, done it solo up to level 17 but it's getting a bit tedious so hopefully I'll get to do some co-op soon.

Thoroughly enjoying it, done it solo up to level 17 but it's getting a bit tedious so hopefully I'll get to do some co-op soon.

I'm up to 11 if you feel like slumming it down here.

Would it be worth all of use waiting at level 25 roughly (Daft's at 27, Goafer 24) to then do some insane (lag-filled) 4 player co-op or anywhere below?

'Hat, you do some serious playtime, I'll do a fair bit, then around Sunday we could initiate this shindiggery. That'll give 'Hat some 2 days to co-op before he fucks off to play some game where all you do is kill civilians.

Would it be worth all of use waiting at level 25 roughly (Daft's at 27, Goafer 24) to then do some insane (lag-filled) 4 player co-op or anywhere below?

'Hat, you do some serious playtime, I'll do a fair bit, then around Sunday we could initiate this shindiggery. That'll give 'Hat some 2 days to co-op before he fucks off to play some game where all you do is kill civilians.

Sounds like a plan. Serious playtime I can do.

If you find yourself grinding and need some power levelling, let me know. Only if you're really grinding though.

There seems to be enough side missions to get me a level or two above the recommended ability to fight sledge so I'll be fine. Level 18 and still gaining XP fairly quickly so should be good to go soon.

How does the co-op work? Does one person set the mission and then you go and team it up or what? And can you get 2 vehicles going at once?

Not sure about the vehicles. I suspect you can since there are two pads and four players.

In co-op, one person hosts. They choose the mission exactly the same as single player and that get's completed on everyone's single player. EXP and money found is shared automatically. Weapons and ammo aren't (although I have team ammo regen so it isn't a problem).

Team ammo regen... Awesome. I can bring 3% more XP from kills to the team. Go me!

Looking forward to seeing what Sledge is like.

I can bring 22% more team EXP. ;)

I did Sledge with Goafer but I imagine he's a bitch in single player.

Stop smirking. I pray 3/4 player co-op is going to be a romp. I have a pretty poor connection but haven't played a proper co-op game for a while. If I steam through it and finish getting the platinum, I'll probably sell it along with Uncharted 2 in order to buy Modern Warfare 2 that everyone at school is raving about. Or a more deserving game, whatever that may be.

Certainly won't be Tekken after it's reception here. Fallout 3 GOTY needs to be mine, but I'll probably leave that for a while.

Yeah, I hope the online isn't laggy. My internet connection could pretty much blow a hole in the world so it's down to you and Goafer's connection.

I might pick up MW2 as well. After I said I wouldn't buy an Activision game I realised I actually don't care that much. It should keep me tied over until AC2.

With lag, the worst I experienced was your mates flashing in/out of existence - enemies or you didn't seem affected by it, so when it does happen (which was a couple of times for me) it doesn't affect gameplay.

This game has the "funnest" bug ever!

This has happened more than twice in the same scenario, either my connection or the hosts connection drops and when I connect again into the game all my weapons are gone!

After 3 minutes of furious raging I bought a new weapon to compensate for my loss and as soon as I equipped it, my lost weapons just appear like they were never gone!

Good times....