NEurope
Daft

Borderlands

Got this yesterday due to the press it's been getting. I've been playing through it with a friend and I think it's awesome so far. I must say it's benefited greatly in the change it art style. It's so slick. I managed to spend all day on it without getting bored, that's pretty rare for me. The main focus on this game is clearly the weapons and this is where it excels above most games for me. In a way it's very retro in the way the guns feel, almost Goldeneye style. What I mean is although the guns are different they are all easy to use. Usually with some FPS I find certain types difficult and annoying and I keep away from them (i.e. sniper, pistol, heavy machine gun). In this I can pick up any weapon and be just as good as the other.

I love the intro and can't get the song out of my head:

Cage The Elephant! Quality tune.

Yeah that's pretty close :heh: but more sarcastic. He says: "It sure is great... standing here... I LOVE IT!"

Home plug is piss easy, picture this:

Your xbox --> home plug --> wall socket

--- your house's power supply -->

wall socket --> home plug --> router.

Noob still-- do I need to buy extra wires to go from xbox to homeplug... it comes with ethernet, amirite?

I was about to say "I bet I can find it tomorrow, Dan_Fail" ... but that zavvi price is mighty tempting...

My God this game is addictive.

It sure is. Haven't played online yet, but it is an amazing and very addictive game, nonetheless. I love finding new weapons and comparing them.

I hope you will get a bigger backpack. 12 slots aren't enough. I'm quite sure you'll get a bigger one, though.

Noob still-- do I need to buy extra wires to go from xbox to homeplug... it comes with ethernet, amirite?

I was about to say "I bet I can find it tomorrow, Dan_Fail" ... but that zavvi price is mighty tempting...

I imagine they come with ethernet cables but I couldn't say for sure. I'm sure it will say on the box or webpage wherever you buy them from.

It sure is. Haven't played online yet, but it is an amazing and very addictive game, nonetheless. I love finding new weapons and comparing them.

I hope you will get a bigger backpack. 12 slots aren't enough. I'm quite sure you'll get a bigger one, though.

You get bigger backpacks from finding repair kits and saving Claptrap robots like you did during the introductory missions - the kits are quite sneakily hidden sometimes though

Edited by Shorty

Nice one, you got it! Goafer and I have been playing co-op but I wouldn't mind starting another character if you want to play some co-op.

Or if you really want I can use my current character to help you level up amazingly quickly. :heh:

Those ebuyer ones come with two 1m ethernet cables, just ordered a pair meself!

Nice one, you got it! Goafer and I have been playing co-op but I wouldn't mind starting another character if you want to play some co-op.

Or if you really want I can use my current character to help you level up amazingly quickly. :heh:

Count me in if you go for the second option. I don't fancy starting another character.

Or if you like I can just film the credits sequence and put it on youtube, that way you can skip even more of the purpose of the game.

(Powerlevelling is lame)

I completed the main quest and

the last mission is utter rubbish. I got bored of fighting guardians so I ran through part of it. Then there was some big monster which didn't do a great deal. After that was killed I was finally able to find out what the last few hours of the game was building up to....

....absolutely nothing. I got some money (I have nothing to spend it on) and rubbish items. Still, at least the side quests are still fun.

You can spend a fair chunk of your money on the 2nd playthrough SDU's, and the weps in 2nd playthrough can cost up to a few mill, theirs plenty of ways to spend your cash! Did you finish it 4 player? You should of got quite a good drop if so, if u did it on ur own then your gonna get shit!

Just found an awesome sniper rifle. It's all shiny and red.

Or if you like I can just film the credits sequence and put it on youtube, that way you can skip even more of the purpose of the game.

(Powerlevelling is lame)

Or you could just shut up.

Bah, do not want help with leveling up :p

I'm at level 14 right now if I remember correctly. Gonna play in a few minutes.

God, this game is awesome. Pretty much THE game for the lootfreak that I am :bouncy:

Yeah, I was just joking. You're actually not that far behind me and Goafer anyway. He's lvl 22 and I'm 27.

Still, it's quite a gap between us ;)

Maybe I'll catch up quickly :p

Edit: I'm off to play now =)

Actually now that I think about it I'm not sure how long it'll take. It seems like it took no time at all but that was probably because it was such a blast to play through. :D

Enjoy!

I've got about £80k sitting in the bank. There's nothing to spend it on :( All the shop weapons are crap...

Other than that, loving it. Found an £8k rocket launcher. Couldn't use it for another 10 levels though so it got flogged on but - 1,000 dmg per shot! :eek:

I've got about £80k sitting in the bank. There's nothing to spend it on :( All the shop weapons are crap...

Other than that, loving it. Found an £8k rocket launcher. Couldn't use it for another 10 levels though so it got flogged on but - 1,000 dmg per shot! :eek:

You'll soon be spending it on the ammo SDU's

No need for ammo SDUs, my ammo regenerates at an absurd pace. I pretty much can't out shoot it.

I'm now past the half-way point of Playthrough 2. Levelling up is really slow. Still, only 5 more levels to go.

Although I still have nothing to spend money on. I have 2 million in cash and at least two more million in items (I now only pick up stuff worth more than 50,000). I suppose I could spend it on extra ammo space, but it seems pointless with +17 Ammo Regeneration. It also still incredibly rare to find really good weapons that match my level.

The game is still a lot of fun, though.

The level progression in this game is done really well. I helped someone out with the final boss (they were at level 35, I was at 45) and it lasted about 10 seconds. I only helped them out because I didn't expect the change to be that great.

Edit: Woop! 1000G!

Edited by Cube

Level 20 now. Had huuuge problems with defeating

Sledge

But I went online and the group and I were able to kill him.

So excited about what comes next. :bouncy:

Level 20 now. Had huuuge problems with defeating

Sledge

Ah we flattened him! Had more trouble with the area leading up to him than we did with the boss himself :heh: his strength is shields and Nami was playing a Siren class with an electric element shotgun that dropped his shields in a couple of shots. Followed by my Purple ranking double SMG (purple ranked double SMGs are THE SHIT... even though I'm a Hunter I whip this out whenever things get sticky up close) we brought him down pretty fast.

The shotgun he drops is freakin awesome. Although you get literally 0 accuracy and have to reload after each double shot, its knockback is ridiculous, sending the big bruiser types (I can never remember the names of any enemy types except skag and rakk when I get online to talk about this game) flying through the air like they're made of paper.

Man this game is a great fun co-op :D never come away from it disappointed. I've never found myself really wanting to get home to play a game! I may be suffering from withdrawal.